Demo models for sale

andrew61

Verified Owner
Cars
BMW M4, Audi S4, Alfa 73
Lucid is selling GT demo models on their website for $96k -- Demo GT performance models are going for ~$20k more. They sold me a new 2022 GT for $91k in late December. Add that to the new owners on this site, the advertising, and aggressive Pure pricing, and is Lucid starting to break through with sales? I know Q4 was so-so, but the aggressive pricing is Q1 2024!

Lucid is selling GT demo models on their website for $96k -- Demo GT performance models are going for ~$20k more. They sold me a new 2022 GT for $91k in late December. Add that to the new owners on this site, the advertising, and aggressive Pure pricing, and is Lucid starting to break through with sales? I know Q4 was so-so, but the aggressive pricing is Q1 2024!
Well, they were always available, but this is the first I have heard of them beign advertised!(i will note, when we enquired in january we were told that they were only for sale from ca and arizona studios.)

edit: even now, there is no delivery across studios, which i would have liked to see. a gtp for 118k is still an absolute STEAL!! buying more stock at this currently low price..

A new GT for 96k. That’s quite a bargain. Of course if I waited for this I wouldn’t have had the fun of driving mine nearly two years. This doesn’t bode well for my resale value which I reckon is in the 70s now. I’ll drive mine for another 2 years and figure on another Air or maybe the Gravity

I too have been looking at the deals. Agree that the price one can get in a GT are a heck of a deal, I even priced-out a Fathom Blue Pure...

I guess sales work.

Agree with CraZ8 that I would not give up the almost 2 years I've had with my GT. Totally worth it. (waiting for the Sapphires to hit used market)

A new GT for 96k. That’s quite a bargain. Of course if I waited for this I wouldn’t have had the fun of driving mine nearly two years. This doesn’t bode well for my resale value which I reckon is in the 70s now. I’ll drive mine for another 2 years and figure on another Air or maybe the Gravity
Carmax offered 52k for my Touring, so I think I'm stuck for now. The adventures I've had with my own car already are definitely priceless, but it does sting that the values are so low at the moment. Still hoping Lucid accepts trade-ins at some point. I think it would be a good way for them to expand their loaner fleet.

Carmax offered 52k for my Touring, so I think I'm stuck for now. The adventures I've had with my own car already are definitely priceless, but it does sting that the values are so low at the moment. Still hoping Lucid accepts trade-ins at some point. I think it would be a good way for them to expand their loaner fleet.
$52k huh? OUCH!! What year is yours & how many miles do you have?

Have you tried caravana ? They generally give competitive pricing ?

I’d rather pick up a slightly used low mile GT for 75/78 than buy new or/ even a demo at 96K with the current depreciation rate.

You think the prices on used Lucids are bad, how about my Genesis electrified G80. Bought it new for about $81K and sold it several months later, with only 3700 miles, for mid 50s. That was the highest offer I got from a multitude of dealers. The car sits there 6 months later, at the BMW dealer that bought it, unsold. Resale on Genesis EVs is horrendous. For that reason alone, and as nice a car as it is, I’d never buy another Genesis.

Its a 2023 with 22k miles, so a bit more than the market average.
Mine is a '23 with the same mileage. I thought about selling it & upgrading to a GT that's immediately available, but that haircut is just too much.to handle.

I’d rather pick up a slightly used low mile GT for 75/78 than buy new or/ even a demo at 96K with the current depreciation rate.
Totally agree - would buy used too, unless you leased, which then takes out the deprecation worries.. The 2022 GT were priced around $93k, plus Conquest, since last Oct, so they were a better deal than the current demo.

Geez. EV’s are just getting hammered right now.

But you only lose money when you sell. If you don’t, it doesn’t matter.

Only problem is, you don’t know what issues it has. I used by used cars only, to save money, but who knows what accidents they had. I remember my wife went over a curb, broke something in the suspension. Got fixed under insurance. But car still ‘ felt funny “. Got rid of it, didn’t trust driving it at 70mph. Since then, bought only new cars.

Only problem is, you don’t know what issues it has. I used by used cars only, to save money, but who knows what accidents they had. I remember my wife went over a curb, broke something in the suspension. Got fixed under insurance. But car still ‘ felt funny “. Got rid of it, didn’t trust driving it at 70mph. Since then, bought only new cars.
That’s what Carfax / autocheck is for. For use as a daily driver, I’m not the least bit concerned as long as it’s under warranty and hasn’t been in any accidents.
Also…..
Or knowing the previous owner have bought a few different Ferrari / Lambo that way. I haven’t bought a new car other than a C8 Z06 in the past 15 years and I’ve had a lot of fun daily drivers in that span without issue.

Last edited:
Which section of the website does it show up? I tried to look around but couldn't find it. Can you share a link?

Which section of the website does it show up? I tried to look around but couldn't find it. Can you share a link?

They'll show up on the Available Cars page, just make sure that your filter is set to view Demo cars.

When I called to get more details on these earlier today, I was told you should be able to use a referral code to get a little bit extra off.

Back