Options pricing available on website now

What is the basis for this wager?

BMW CEO still dragging his feet on BEVs.

Wants multipowertrain platforms instead of bespoke BEV platforms. Leading to inferior BEVs

Publicly advocating for ICE in Europe. Which leads me to believe the Quandt family supports this position.

The Tesla psychographic almost perfectly aligns with the BMW one. As Tesla grows their sedan/CUV sales ~50% per year they take disproportionately from BMW.

IF BMW still exist as a going concern in 2045 I see them reorganized, shrunken, and largely selling in Europe with State support.

Same here. I get similar numbers with my 2019 e-Tron, Frankly, I love everything about the car other than the range.

I love everything about my girlfriend. Except her personality.

Wants multipowertrain platforms instead of bespoke BEV platforms. Leading to inferior BEVs

Publicly advocating for ICE in Europe. Which leads me to believe the Quandt family supports this position.

The Tesla psychographic almost perfectly aligns with the BMW one. As Tesla grows their sedan/CUV sales ~50% per year they take disproportionately from BMW.

IF BMW still exist as a going concern in 2045 I see them reorganized, shrunken, and largely selling in Europe with State support.
They will loose customers to Lucid as well.

They will loose customers to Lucid as well.

Lucid is 10 years behind Tesla. So potentially will take longer to impact the legacy OEMs in a substantial way.

I see the Lucid psychographic closer to MB and Audi than BMW.

I hope Lucid's reputation for build quality is so good they disproportionately take from Lexus . :)

I couldn’t disagree more.

First off legacy automakers are always slower to transition, some slower than others. Do you think Toyota, the slowest of them all, will be gone by 2045? Really? It always takes longer to turn a large ship. But in BMW’s case, this is a ship that knows how to make some of the best cars out there. That cautionary approach by the legacy automakers doesn’t imply they’ll be gone from the landscape because of it.

BMW has the iX as their second dedicated EV platform. The i4, which is getting a lot of notoriety, sits on a shared platform with the BMW 4 series Grand Coupe. Despite that, the i4 is already getting far better reviews that many EVs with bespoke platforms.

Granted, generally having an EV dedicated platform results in better interior space utilization, but it guarantees absolutely nothing about chassis dynamics or other areas of importance to EVs.

I am less concerned about shared vs non-shared platforms than how good the final product turns out to be. It doesn’t pay to be shortsighted about this.

The i4’s shared platform started with a vehicle that has already garnered praised for its chassis dynamics. So sharing a platform like that, refining the suspension to accommodate the greater weight and doing the other things necessary to create an excellent EV, is not a bad thing. One could argue it’s a smart thing as the transition process proceeds.

Honestly, I wish the Lucid had some of the features the i4 had and were executed with the same degree of car building experience. Of course I also wish the i4 had the range chops of the Lucid.

Pros & cons as is true with most things in life. Decisions are not always as clear cut as they seem to be.

Last edited:
I couldn’t disagree more.

First off legacy automakers are always slower to transition, some slower than others. Do you think Toyota, the slowest of them all, will be gone by 2045? Really? It always takes longer to turn a large ship. But in BMW’s case, this is a ship that knows how to make some of the best cars out there. That cautionary approach by the legacy automakers doesn’t imply they’ll be gone from the landscape because of it.

BMW has the iX as their second dedicated EV platform. The i4, which is getting a lot of notoriety, sits on a shared platform with the BMW 4 series Grand Coupe. Despite that, the i4 is already getting far better reviews that many EVs with bespoke platforms.

Granted, generally having an EV dedicated platform results in better interior space utilization, but it guarantees absolutely nothing about chassis dynamics or other areas of importance to EVs.

I am less concerned about shared vs non-shared platforms than how good the final product turns out to be. It doesn’t pay to be shortsighted about this.

The i4’s shared platform started with a vehicle that has already garnered praised for its chassis dynamics. So sharing a platform like that, refining the suspension to accommodate the greater weight and doing the other things necessary to create an excellent EV, is not a bad thing. One could argue it’s a smart thing as the transition process proceeds.

Honestly, I wish the Lucid had some of the features the i4 had and were executed with the same degree of car building experience. Of course I also wish the i4 had the range chops of the Lucid.

Pros & cons as is true with most things in life. Decisions are not always as clear cut as they seem to be.
This morning I drove our DEP 120 miles on the Turnpike (~60 miles each direction) with the cruise set to 70. The car delivered 3.4 miles/kWh. I realize the performance is less efficient but 3.4 Miles/kWh is no different than what I get on the Plaid on the same trip. Granted the weather was a bit colder this morning but I waited for everything to warm up before I reset the trip counter. Anyone else tested the DEP consumption?

This morning I drove our DEP 120 miles on the Turnpike (~60 miles each direction) with the cruise set to 70. The car delivered 3.4 miles/kWh. I realize the performance is less efficient but 3.4 Miles/kWh is no different than what I get on the Plaid on the same trip. Granted the weather was a bit colder this morning but I waited for everything to warm up before I reset the trip counter. Anyone else tested the DEP consumption?
The DEP based off EPA would be getting 3.822 mi/kwh. At 95% it's 3.63mi/kwh and at 89% it's 3.4 mi/kwh. Even with the car warmed up, you will still have a loss in colder temps. How cold was it?

The weather in Socal is in the mid 70s lately. I just checked, and with our avg speed of 60 mph on the recent 70 mile trip (30+ miles each way from OC to LA), our MYP consumed 380Wh/mi (2.6 M/kWh ???)

The DEP based off EPA would be getting 3.822 mi/kwh. At 95% it's 3.63mi/kwh and at 89% it's 3.4 mi/kwh. Even with the car warmed up, you will still have a loss in colder temps. How cold was it?
So when it is all said and done the DEP as delivered is good for 405.66 miles on a full charge ? My temperature readings were 67 at start. 70 at finish BTW.. I asked Lucid for a price on a set of 19's. Lucid quoted me a price of 4100 dollars. Maybe good for a 30-40 mile range increase.

It'll go 451 if you are driving 55 I think...

When you say 95% or 89% are you referring to battery percentages or what?

Back