Nov 5: New England Lucid meet-up

Thank you @Dortreo for organizing the meet. We are sorry to have missed the initial meeting despite efforts to do so but were delighted to meet other owners at Rose32 Bread, which is only about 50 miles from my home on some of the best twisty 50 mph farm country roads north of the restaurant in western MA just east of the Quabbin Reservoir. As a bread lover, this is a wonderful find and an excuse to stretch my car's legs. It was fun to meet the people behind the avatars that I have followed assiduously for most of this year. All observations have been instructive and very helpful in understanding this marvel of a vehicle. It is a small world and I found that we have more in common than just an intense interest in Lucid. One noteworthy comment from a small group of apparently erudite senior cyclists at the restaurant parking lot who asked about the car was one woman's view that the word Lucid as a car brand conveyed to her basically negative connotations. To me, it is the opposite. It connotes brilliance and coherence.

Good to hear about the pub stop, but we had to leave after the covered bridge group meeting to get home for an event. There are many wonderful backcountry drives in western MA as well as of course VT and western NH so before it gets cold and snowy check them out.

It was nice of Nick from Lucid to attend as well.

Thank you @Dortreo for organizing the meet. We are sorry to have missed the initial meeting despite efforts to do so but were delighted to meet other owners at Rose32 Bread, which is only about 50 miles from my home on some of the best twisty 50 mph farm country roads north of the restaurant in western MA just east of the Quabbin Reservoir. As a bread lover, this is a wonderful find and an excuse to stretch my car's legs. It was fun to meet the people behind the avatars that I have followed assiduously for most of this year. All observations have been instructive and very helpful in understanding this marvel of a vehicle. It is a small world and I found that we have more in common than just an intense interest in Lucid. One noteworthy comment from a small group of apparently erudite senior cyclists at the restaurant parking lot who asked about the car was one woman's view that the word Lucid as a car brand conveyed to her basically negative connotations. To me, it is the opposite. It connotes brilliance and coherence.

Good to hear about the pub stop, but we had to leave after the covered bridge group meeting to get home for an event. There are many wonderful backcountry drives in western MA as well as of course VT and western NH so before it gets cold and snowy check them out.

It was nice of Nick from Lucid to attend as well.
What was her reasoning for Lucid having negative connotations?

What was her reasoning for Lucid having negative connotations?
We did not dwell on her comment but she inferred that it suggested the opposite of lucid or unclear. Given that there were about 7 AGT's in front of her in the lot I thought it a rather unkind observation, but the AGT can be polarizing if the way that the occasional hotfoot drivers behave around me on the highway is an indication. Stunts like tailgating and then cutting one off from the outside lane just before an exit ramp. I go with the flow and never challenge those drivers.

We did not dwell on her comment but she inferred that it suggested the opposite of lucid or unclear. Given that there were about 7 AGT's in front of her in the lot I thought it a rather unkind observation, but the AGT can be polarizing if the way that the occasional hotfoot drivers behave around me on the highway is an indication. Stunts like tailgating and then cutting one off from the outside lane just before an exit ramp. I go with the flow and never challenge those drivers.
After you departed, while we were parked at that pond for the photo-op, someone in a modified M3 saw our group and downshifted loudly and blasted past us in a show of desperation, more proof of your above observation! We all had a chuckle and recounted the times we’d been challenged by some ICE car beside us revving loudly and just let them go ahead, knowing in 3-4 seconds they wouldn’t even be visible in our rear view mirror if we took the bait.

How could the word Lucid imply the opposite of lucid? It is literally named Lucid. Odd! Sometimes people just need to find something mean to say / complain about 🤷‍♂️

knowing in 3-4 seconds they wouldn’t even be visible in our rear view mirror if we took the bait.
Honestly, this has made me a safer driver. It's very calming just to know the other person is so clueless about what they are challenging and what you could do if you wanted to.

Honestly, this has made me a safer driver. It's very calming just to know the other person is so clueless about what they are challenging and what you could do if you wanted to.

As I just proved merging onto Route 128 a few minutes ago, where a clueless econobox was blocking me from entering the freeway, speed is a safety feature, even if it does make my wife scream.

After you departed, while we were parked at that pond for the photo-op, someone in a modified M3 saw our group and downshifted loudly and blasted past us in a show of desperation, more proof of your above observation! We all had a chuckle and recounted the times we’d been challenged by some ICE car beside us revving loudly and just let them go ahead, knowing in 3-4 seconds they wouldn’t even be visible in our rear view mirror if we took the bait.
Agree

By the way, thanks to the person(s) who recommended the EZ Pass black skin. Just ordered it on amazon.
Speaking of EZ-Pass .. I'm guessing that the inside tag works? (i.e. I don't need the license plate, external tag?)
Wasn't sure if the windshield was coated.

The silicone cover is great and my EZ Pass transponder secures quite nicely with its velcro tape easily on the front facing surface of the cockpit panel near its middle.

I wish I had known about that. I wrapped mine with some black 3m wrap I had left over. A little inelegant but does the trick.

Anyone having trouble plugging charger into car? I find that if I plug it in, I see a white light light up which does not mean it is charging. I have to wiggle it to get it to get into the charging mode.

Mine does this only on chargers that are malfunctioning. I get a solid green light after flashing white light on the EA by me that quits 1 second after initiating charging.

Back