New England spring meet-up!

Want to participate in a Lucid rally on Saturday, May 13?

• Total voters

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
Hi all, @Bunnylebowski and I are planning a Spring New England meet-up that will drive along the scenic coasts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts. We're tentatively targeting Sat, May 13, which is the day before Mother's Day. We'll ask the good folks at Lucid if they'd like to join for the ride. Let me know if you're interested and could make it. If you know someone on the forum who is from New England, please let them know about the poll. Thanks!

@maractwin @imran @martinmeyer @Snafu @RichMalden @LUCID1 @J/R @victoryroad @niceguy @zaidashai @SHD @Pete44 @Neuner89 @Spin Doctor @JimH @recLucid @NewEnglander @babwine @cpkardos @PhotoEye @jabbahop @AlanInMaine @JanRogersKniffen @Thinjake @valfor99 @moytoyx @Dhimiter
@Firstto520

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a proposed route yet?

@Bunnylebowski and I are still working out the details, but the current plan is start in Newport either at Ft Adams or Brenton Point, cruise by the mansions, drive to Tiverton for lunch at Groundswell, then drive by Slocum's Corner before ending up at Westport Rivers Winery or Buzzards Bay Brewing. There's a reliable EA charger in Dartmouth if you need to charge up afterward. I'm guessing about 2 hours of driving along quiet roads.

Here's a draft route in ABRP: https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=33a552d7-5c6f-4719-b87c-7b8ca0028478

@Bunnylebowski and I are still working out the details, but the current plan is start in Newport either at Ft Adams or Brenton Point, cruise by the mansions, drive to Tiverton for lunch at Groundswell, then drive by Slocum's Corner before ending up at Westport Rivers Winery or Buzzards Bay Brewing. There's a reliable EA charger in Dartmouth if you need to charge up afterward. I'm guessing about 2 hours of driving along quiet roads.

Here's a draft route in ABRP: https://abetterrouteplanner.com/?plan_uuid=33a552d7-5c6f-4719-b87c-7b8ca0028478
When I click on that link and the one you texted me for some reason it doesn’t load the route at all. I wonder if it’s an ABRP glitch? I drove part of the route though yesterday as a test, it was gorgeous even with the bad abysmal weather so if the weather does cooperate this is going to be a delightful drive. There’s a back road in between Ft Adams and Brenton point park we can take that’s got some gorgeous landscapes and boulders, and then going from there to Groundswell in Tiverton has so lovely wide open pastures along the way. It will be a great combo of stunning ocean views and bucolic farm back roads. It uses about 25% state of charge so people can plan accordingly. This map isn’t ideal, misses some of the Bellevue Avenue drive so I’ll add a fake destination later to get it to that way.

Thanks for including me, but Newport is a good 3.5 hours for me. 9 hours of driving in a day is a little too much. Please keep me in the loop for future dates, as they may be closer.

Thanks for adding me, even though I'm still Lucid-less (illucid?). Just wrapping up a few days in NH, and will be back the week of 4/17. Not sure how May looks yet, but I will point out that 5/13 is the day of the Eurovision Song Contest final ... :D

I would consider this but due to the wife being in China for May and me with the new puppy probably won’t be practical

Thanks for adding me, even though I'm still Lucid-less (illucid?). Just wrapping up a few days in NH, and will be back the week of 4/17. Not sure how May looks yet, but I will point out that 5/13 is the day of the Eurovision Song Contest final ... :D

You're a fan? I actually saw the semi-finals dress rehearsal in Stockholm a few years ago. Ukraine won that year, but I had a real thing for the Belgian entry.

You're a fan? I actually saw the semi-finals dress rehearsal in Stockholm a few years ago. Ukraine won that year, but I had a real thing for the Belgian entry.

Sure am - I was at the finals in Moscow in 2009, it was quite something. We host a watch party most years, hence this particular date might be tricky …

If there’s a repeat later in the year I’d hope to be there, perhaps even with dog and / or wife in tow. Until then I’ll look forward to seeing pictures from this one :)

Hi all, @Bunnylebowski and I are planning a Spring New England meet-up that will drive along the scenic coasts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts. We're tentatively targeting Sat, May 13, which is the day before Mother's Day. We'll ask the good folks at Lucid if they'd like to join for the ride. Let me know if you're interested and could make it. If you know someone on the forum who is from New England, please let them know about the poll. Thanks!

@maractwin @imran @martinmeyer @Snafu @RichMalden @LUCID1 @J/R @victoryroad @niceguy @zaidashai @SHD @Pete44 @Neuner89 @Spin Doctor @JimH @recLucid @NewEnglander @babwine @cpkardos @PhotoEye @jabbahop @AlanInMaine @JanRogersKniffen @Thinjake @valfor99 @moytoyx @Dhimiter
@Firstto520
I am interested. Let me know either through forum or perhaps better &****@.com. Also willing to help if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested. Let me know either through forum or perhaps better &****@.com. Also willing to help if needed.
Great glad you can join! I totally messed up and damaged my car backing out of my driveway, but I’ll still take it on the drive since the earliest Hollis Auto Body (Lucid certified shop near Natick) can take me is May 15. Here are two pictures illustrating how PPF can protect your car: pic of the trashed bumper/frunk, and pic after I removed the PPF for that section. Not great but way better than before, so my black Lucid with the black eye will be in attendance!

Attachments

• 166DE225-AE05-4E6E-8F82-82709AA93F79.jpeg
    166DE225-AE05-4E6E-8F82-82709AA93F79.jpeg
    630.4 KB · Views: 89
  • C2151484-5297-4E75-B808-4F5160D10D01.jpeg
    C2151484-5297-4E75-B808-4F5160D10D01.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 96

@Firstto520
I am in

I'm in - will be visiting family near New London, so will just "make a detour" to join you before heading home to NH that day. (You know, any excuse for a drive!)

Back