New England spring meet-up!

Want to participate in a Lucid rally on Saturday, May 13?

• Total voters
I would be interested but can't join you this time.
Do you know how many Lucid owners there are in Maine?

Are we thinking a late morning / early afternoon starting time?
I think late morning would be best, that way we can grab lunch/snacks at Groundswell cafe in Tiverton. Their parking lot is often full of Teslas so they could use an upgrade 🤣

I’m not sure. Natick would know though, I met one other owner from Maine at the service center.

Is this ride still on? If so, can someone share the details. Thank you !

Yes, we're on! I'll put it into a new thread but we plan to meet in Newport at 10 am on Saturday at Ft Adams.

Alrighty everyone apologies for the delays we were just finalizing details. We'll meet at 10AM Saturday 5/13 at Ft Adams park in Newport. There's restrooms there if you need one. Then we'll drive to where they have the Newport Kite festival with stunning ocean views and a nice photo opportunity (I seem to remember a Lucid ad way back using this very site for a photo). We'll then go along Ocean Drive and pass Jay Leno's house. He contributes a lot to the local community, heavily supporting the Audrain Auto Museum, coordinating the Stanley Steamer club (which is how he got burned and needed surgery recently!), and he's been a supporter of Lucid since day 1. We'll continue along Ocean Drive and head to Tiverton to Groundswell Cafe for lunch. There's indoor and outdoor seating, great sandwiches and pastries, and is dog friendly if you've got a dog with you. There's also a housewares store on site if you need to pick up a last minute something for your spouse for mother's day! Then we'll head over to Westport Rivers Vineyard for some bucolic inland views and wine! And lastly if you need some electrons for the ride home there's the Dartmouth EA as the final destination on this map.

Google Maps:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/1CNZCFoBct4GLwJT8?g_st=im

For those that have RSVP I will message you my # privately so if you have any issues or need anything you can just text or call. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

And just to clarify, we're not actually stopping at Leno's house haha, that's just a placemarker along the route, and the same goes for Rough Point museum, that was just to get the route to go the direction I wanted it to go.

Update: Lucid Natick studio will be sending some people and a car to accompany our drive. They're also planning an owner social event with the Boston Seaport studio later this summer so look for updates!

We're postponing this meet-up due to a number of last minute scheduling changes. Please stay tuned as we seek another date. Thank you!

Apologies everyone, we were very much looking forward to this drive, I’ll reach out in a couple days to iron out dates that work for the maximum number of owners.

If you are pushed back to sometime June or July I could make a couple dates

Hi all, @Bunnylebowski and I are planning a Spring New England meet-up that will drive along the scenic coasts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts. We're tentatively targeting Sat, May 13, which is the day before Mother's Day. We'll ask the good folks at Lucid if they'd like to join for the ride. Let me know if you're interested and could make it. If you know someone on the forum who is from New England, please let them know about the poll. Thanks!

@maractwin @imran @martinmeyer @Snafu @RichMalden @LUCID1 @J/R @victoryroad @niceguy @zaidashai @SHD @Pete44 @Neuner89 @Spin Doctor @JimH @recLucid @NewEnglander @babwine @cpkardos @PhotoEye @jabbahop @AlanInMaine @JanRogersKniffen @Thinjake @valfor99 @moytoyx @Dhimiter
@Firstto520
Here is another idea for MA drive

Here is another idea for MA drive
Thanks! I didn’t know about this route and I’ve driven all over western Mass and Vermont, looks great. I did drive over Mt Greylock down into North Adams during a terrifying snowstorm in my old car, AWD Mercedes, and it did great, but yikes that was scary.

RCP asked how many Lucid owners are in Maine. I am one. GT, Zenith Red, Tahoe, 19". I am located very far east, in Surry in Hancock County, 3 hours from the nearest EA charging station. My Lucid gets to enjoy views of Acadia across the water every day. I have never spotted another Lucid anywhere in the state.

Attachments

• 20230827_154600.jpg
    20230827_154600.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 47
  • 20230827_155144.jpg
    20230827_155144.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 44
Ah I think it’s possible I may have bumped into you at the Natick center when you were having Bluetooth troubles with your car, but maybe that’s a different owner from Maine named Alan? In any case I’ve probably driven to Maine in my car more than any other place for a road trip, mostly to Portland but one time to Cushing. We’re actually going to Kittery next Sunday for a kid’s birthday, but that’s some distance from Acadia! I’m really hoping to take the rapid ferry to Nova Scotia at some point as my brother has an AirBnB there with an EV charger making it perfect for the Lucid, just charge up once at the Kittery outlets then go to Bar Harbor, take the ferry and it’s a 2 hour drive to his place in Shelburne NS and charge overnight and have plenty left over to drive everywhere in Nova Scotia. Never been but hopefully next year we’ll make the trip!

Sorry, this wasn't me who you ran across at Natick. I think there is another owner on this forum who calls himself Alaninmaine or Alan in Maine. For your trip to NS, you might consider charging at the EA in Scarborough, which is closer to Bar Harbor than Kittery, so you would arrive in NS with more charge left. Besides, there are more chargers at the Scarborough location than in Kittery, and two of them are 350s. The Scarborough location is just off the turnpike, next to Walmart and near the Lowe's.

I was in Ogunquit earlier this week in our red GT, and passed another Lucid on Rt 1 as we were leaving.

I was in Ogunquit earlier this week in our red GT, and passed another Lucid on Rt 1 as we were leaving.
Sorry, I wasn't in Qgunquit this week. I did pass through Qgunquit on Route 1 last week on Thursday night. The Zenith Red color is very hard to spot at night, as it looks black.

Are you another Lucid owner from Maine, or were you just visiting?

Back