New England owner coastal drive, take 2!

Will you attend the July 15 drive?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Bunnylebowski

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT Black/Tahoe/19"
Alright everyone! After reaching out to some owners in the region regarding their availability, we have settled on a tentative date for our drive through coastal Rhode Island/Massachussets for Saturday July 15. Please respond to the poll for us to make sure we have you counted as able to attend. Lucid should be sending staff with a vehicle to join us as well, I'll confirm with them once we've confirmed the date. Here is the route we'll be taking, I've driven it myself, it's quite scenic and stuffed with photo opportunities. The plan is to meet at 10:30AM

@maractwin @imran @martinmeyer @Snafu @RichMalden @LUCID1 @J/R @victoryroad @niceguy @zaidashai @SHD @Pete44 @Neuner89 @Spin Doctor@JimH @recLucid @NewEnglander @babwine @cpkardos @PhotoEye @jabbahop @AlanInMaine @JanRogersKniffen @Thinjake @valfor99 @moytoyx@Dhimiter, @BillP, @OutofSpecDave , @lpinprov, @Japper2112 @Keith @Malladimurthy @Mark_in_MA @Ehyman @Flybynight @niceguy @dsherris @apatel87 @ktloo_climate @eherlihy1 @eLUCID8 @lnirenberg @Belmont @Slathia

Last edited:
I’m in but what time does the drive start and finish, are you looking to include a meal stop etc

Yeah we’ll start at 10:30AM, take a leisurely drive to Groundswell cafe in Tiverton which has great sandwiches/coffee/pastries, then go over to Westport vineyards. I’m guessing we’d finish around 2pm?

Sorry both @Dortreo and myself have been busy with work and I’ve done a bad job describing the drive, let me go into more detail. We’ll meet at Ft Adams state park in Newport at 10:30. If you’re coming from the south you’ll likely get there via the Newport Bridge, which has gorgeous views of the ocean and Narragansett bay. There’s a large parking lot there, also a restroom (might be portable I forget). They have the Newport Jazz festival there. There’s also a good view of where the yachts for America’s Cup often train and leave from.

From there we’ll take a curvy back way to get to Brenton Point state park where they have a great kite festival. This should be a really grand site for a photo opportunity, ocean all around. Then we’ll mosey down Ocean Drive passing 260 Ocean Drive on the right which is Jay Leno’s house, a modest little 15,000 square foot bungalow. There’s no shortage of stunning cove views around this area. We’ll continue on Ocean Drive down Belvedere Avenue past Gatsby/Downton Abbey land. The route will take us past Easton Beach and Flo’s Clam Shack which has been destroyed by 3 hurricanes and rebuilt. We’ll then head up to Groundswell Cafe, which has parking in the rear, good food, outdoor seating, and also a nice attached housewares store. From there it’s on to Westport Vineyards, the drive on the way has lush peaceful farm views every which way you look on the way to the vineyard featuring more very bucolic views. For those who need a charge we can then head on to the Dartmouth Mall EA, which has the Signet chargers so I hope they’ve sorted out that surge by then! They always work, they’re just a roller coaster. Lucid Natick studio should be sending staff with a car also, I just need to confirm with them but they were planning on it. For our drive last year the Boston studio sent a team, it was great to have Lucid employees to chat with, educating and always enthusiastic.

Sounds brilliant. Alas I’m traveling that weekend - look forward to seeing pics 😎

Alright everyone! After reaching out to some owners in the region regarding their availability, we have settled on a tentative date for our drive through coastal Rhode Island/Massachussets for Saturday July 15. Please respond to the poll for us to make sure we have you counted as able to attend. Lucid should be sending staff with a vehicle to join us as well, I'll confirm with them once we've confirmed the date. Here is the route we'll be taking, I've driven it myself, it's quite scenic and stuffed with photo opportunities. The plan is to meet at 10:30AM

@maractwin @imran @martinmeyer @Snafu @RichMalden @LUCID1 @J/R @victoryroad @niceguy @zaidashai @SHD @Pete44 @Neuner89 @Spin Doctor@JimH @recLucid @NewEnglander @babwine @cpkardos @PhotoEye @jabbahop @AlanInMaine @JanRogersKniffen @Thinjake @valfor99 @moytoyx@Dhimiter, @BillP, @OutofSpecDave , @lpinprov, @Japper2112 @Keith @Malladimurthy @Mark_in_MA @Ehyman @Flybynight @niceguy @dsherris @apatel87 @ktloo_climate @eherlihy1 @eLUCID8 @lnirenberg @Belmont @Slathia
I’m in! Dogs allowed? They will want to check out every interior in person…

Westport rivers vineyard doesn’t allow dogs but everywhere else does. Groundswell (have you been there?) has those outdoor benches etc with dogs always there and they got water bowls. Glad you can make it! I’ll add you to the message chain.

We will be bringing Yoyo and Lulu the Pekingese to the festivities. Fortunately they can stay in the car for places they are not allowed

Back