New OTA Coming - Faster boot time...

This is indicating a series of updates. This next one is unlikely to be the big “time to boot” one, but I take this to mean we should be expecting a big swathe of updates in the coming weeks.

Hope @hmp10 sees this as this was one of the features he missed on his Plaid!

A couple of weeks ago I would have been really excited about this. However, I haven't even received the 1.2.10 update yet and, given the swarm of software issues I've had in the last few days, I would not load anything new that comes down the pike right now (especially as several others have reported problems occurring with their cars for the first time since the 1.2.10 download).

Lucid is trucking my car yet again over to the Riviera Beach Service Center on Friday. If it comes back with the screen freezes, screeching white noise from the audio system, and AC malfunctions still occurring, I'll be lemon lawing the car. I can live with glitches in discrete software features while Lucid gets its act together. I cannot live with the problems I just listed any longer.

We have two adult family members visiting from Poland for three weeks, and the Air was the car we were going to use for outings, as our Model S Plaid is too cramped in the rear seat and the Lucid is more pleasurable to drive and actually more comfortable than our Honda minivan. Instead, since they got here last Saturday they've already had to flee the car because the white noise was screeching at them, the AC failed during a drive, and the screens have frozen. Now the car is going to be gone for an indeterminate service visit. I paid too much for this car not to have it available and reliable for its intended use.

This is absolutely infuriating at this point. I have never owned a car that was as comfortable, stylish, well built, powerful, and fun to drive as this car. It gripes me beyond description that I can't depend on it to get me from point A to point B with any certainty that key features will work, all because of shitty computers/software.

A couple of weeks ago I would have been really excited about this. However, I haven't even received the 1.2.10 update yet and, given the swarm of software issues I've had in the last few days, I would not load anything new that comes down the pike right now (especially as several others have reported problems occurring with their cars for the first time since the 1.2.10 download).

Lucid is trucking my car yet again over to the Riviera Beach Service Center on Friday. If it comes back with the screen freezes, screeching white noise from the audio system, and AC malfunctions still occurring, I'll be lemon lawing the car. I can live with glitches in discrete software features while Lucid gets its act together. I cannot live with the problems I just listed any longer.

We have two adult family members visiting from Poland for three weeks, and the Air was the car we were going to use for outings, as our Model S Plaid is too cramped in the rear seat and the Lucid is more pleasurable to drive and actually more comfortable than our Honda minivan. Instead, since they got here last Saturday they've already had to flee the car because the white noise was screeching at them, the AC failed during a drive, and the screens have frozen. Now the car is going to be gone for an indeterminate service visit. I paid too much for this car not to have it available and reliable for its intended use.

This is absolutely infuriating at this point. I have never owned a car that was as comfortable, stylish, well built, powerful, and fun to drive as this car. It gripes me beyond description that I can't depend on it to get me from point A to point B with any certainty that key features will work, all because of shitty computers/software.
If I had your experience I think I would be done. My car has performed for most part “as expected”. As expected for driving has been great, as expected for UI in the car has been awful. I have however always been able to drive and the AC has always worked. For road trips I had a Bluetooth speaker in the back seat so when the audio needed a reset, I would use the Bluetooth speaker until the next stop. Making compromises and always being able to get from A-B is one thing, having the car out of service is something altogether different.

I agree that these issues are unacceptable for what we all expect from these cars. We are all fortunate enough in our lives to be able to drive a luxury-type sedan. All the same, if the screen didn’t freeze and the white noise didn’t occur and the AC worked perfectly, would you be satisfied? If the answer is yes, you are possibly one software update away from happiness. If not, then maybe Lucid wasn’t the car made for you? Just my thoughts. I personally can see past some of the flaws because I can see what the car will potentially be. Almost like watching my clumsy kids grow up figuring it out.

It sucks that your experience has been less than what you expected. The gap between our individual perceptions and reality is definitely frustrating….

That really sucks. I really hope they just swap your car. I haven’t run into any of the stuff you have, and I wonder what in the pipeline is causing it to happen to just you, or if it’s just a happy confluence of individual coincidences?

. . . if the screen didn’t freeze and the white noise didn’t occur and the AC worked perfectly, would you be satisfied? If the answer is yes, you are possibly one software update away from happiness. If not, then maybe Lucid wasn’t the car made for you?

If I thought my car was experiencing nothing but software issues that will eventually be resolved with OTA updates, I would just wait it out. However, there are some indications that there are computer issues beyond the software in my car that are not addressable with OTA updates. Lucid has already replaced the MCU and flushed the screen coolant system as they, too, suspected the problems early on indicated more than just software glitches.

I am on my second Tesla, cars with every bit as much software dependency as Lucid. While the Tesla software has its own shortcomings even in the newest iteration, I have never experienced software issues that made the car recurrently unusable.

That really sucks. I really hope they just swap your car. I haven’t run into any of the stuff you have, and I wonder what in the pipeline is causing it to happen to just you, or if it’s just a happy confluence of individual coincidences?

There clearly is something wrong with my car that goes beyond the software glitches many of us are experiencing. I don't know anything really about computers and software, but I am almost certain there is something amiss in my car's computer systems beyond just the software.

I still love the car outside of computer issues and would accept a swap if Lucid could still provide me with a Dream Edition -- even one with software issues that are amenable to future OTA updates -- although it would mean the $14,000 I spent on ceramic coating, radar installation, and new rear tires would be down the drain after less than eight months with the car.

If I thought my car was experiencing nothing but software issues that will eventually be resolved with OTA updates, I would just wait it out. However, there are some indications that there are computer issues beyond the software in my car that are not addressable with OTA updates. Lucid has already replaced the MCU and flushed the screen coolant system as they, too, suspected the problems early on indicated more than just software glitches.

I am on my second Tesla, cars with every bit as much software dependency as Lucid. While the Tesla software has its own shortcomings even in the newest iteration, I have never experienced software issues that made the car recurrently unusable.
That’s fair. I guess my issues don’t go as deep as making the car recurrently unusable therefore I am more accepting of the current state. It would be interesting to see Lucid make an additional Dream for you though! Or maybe comp you a Sapphire 😏

There clearly is something wrong with my car that goes beyond the software glitches many of us are experiencing. I don't know anything really about computers and software, but I am almost certain there is something amiss in my car's computer systems beyond just the software.

I still love the car outside of computer issues and would accept a swap if Lucid could still provide me with a Dream Edition -- even one with software issues that are amenable to future OTA updates -- although it would mean the $14,000 I spent on ceramic coating, radar installation, and new rear tires would be down the drain after less than eight months with the car.
I do know a lot about software and it’s likely there is either a single component failing in some way, or a confluence of multiple, but it sounds like intermittent behavior, which means going around replacing components until it stops, at which point you just may as well swap.

It would be interesting to see Lucid make an additional Dream for you though!

I don't really know how feasible a swap would be from Lucid's perspective. However, the 118-kWh Samsung battery pack of the Dream is apparently staying in production for the Sapphire, and I suspect the unique rear drive motor of the Dream will appear in the Sapphire. If not, I'm sure Lucid has some supply of those motors on hand to handle warranty replacements. Other than that, as I wouldn't want the gold color, anyway, they would only need to whip up a Santa Monica interior, which I also suspect is stockpiled for replacement requirements. Same for the 21" Dream wheels.

But first things first. I'm really hoping they can get to the bottom of what's going on with my car and just fix it. That would be easiest for all concerned.

I don't really know how feasible a swap would be from Lucid's perspective. However, the 118-kWh Samsung battery pack of the Dream is apparently staying in production for the Sapphire, and I suspect the unique rear drive motor of the Dream will appear in the Sapphire. If not, I'm sure Lucid has some supply of those motors on hand to handle warranty replacements. Other than that, as I wouldn't want the gold color, anyway, they would only need to whip up a Santa Monica interior, which I also suspect is stockpiled for replacement requirements. Same for the 21" Dream wheels.

But first things first. I'm really hoping they can get to the bottom of what's going on with my car and just fix it. That would be easiest for all concerned.
As you said, first things first but, Lucid is supposed to be offering dream editions to European customers so a straight up swap should be possible. If they can't fix it this time, Lucid should want your car back so engineering can have it long term as their daily driver to experience the issues and figure out what went wrong.

Back