Surround View Boot Lag

RNO-GT

Cars
Air GT
The surround view boot lag has gotten significantly better since V 1.X but still isn't perfect. Sometimes it boots just as fast as the rear view camera but MOST of the time it does not. Do you think they will ever be able to get this fixed? Are the new $250k Sapphires experiencing the same thing?

I did search for this topic but could not find anything recent, apologies if I missed it.

The surround view boot lag has gotten significantly better since V 1.X but still isn't perfect. Sometimes it boots just as fast as the rear view camera but MOST of the time it does not. Do you think they will ever be able to get this fixed? Are the new $250k Sapphires experiencing the same thing?

I did search for this topic but could not find anything recent, apologies if I missed it.
The boot lag has nothing to do with the price of the car. My research shows it takes about 40 seconds from the time the car first wakes up until the surround view is available. If it is important to you to have it available when you are entering the car, it’s best to launch the app a minute before you are planning on getting in so it’s ready to go when you get there. There are over 60 computers that need to boot up in a specific order. I also hope they can get things a little bit faster in the future, but for now launching the app when you are getting ready to leave your house is the best workaround.

Good work around. I'll give it a try.

Regarding the price, what I meant was it's bad enough that my $140k car is buggy, I'd hate to have dropped $250k with the same result. Since the Sapphire is newer, wasn't sure if they used faster processers or some hardware related improvement.

And, don't get me wrong, I love the car, but would like it even more if the software was able to perform as we all expect it to. Obviously the car is very complicated and a work in progress. My main question is do we think they will ever be able to overcome these issues with software improvements or is the problem due to hardware that may not be able to accomplish what they once thought it could.

Good work around. I'll give it a try.

Regarding the price, what I meant was it's bad enough that my $140k car is buggy, I'd hate to have dropped $250k with the same result. Since the Sapphire is newer, wasn't sure if they used faster processers or some hardware related improvement.

And, don't get me wrong, I love the car, but would like it even more if the software was able to perform as we all expect it to. Obviously the car is very complicated and a work in progress. My main question is do we think they will ever be able to overcome these issues with software improvements or is the problem due to hardware that may not be able to accomplish what they once thought it could.
Yep, the lag is frustrating! Wish Lucid used faster processors.

I think you guys underestimate and under-appreciate how much goes into getting that sick ass surround view. No one else has what we have.

I found that if my surround view doesn't come up immediately, if I put the car back into park then reverse it comes up quickly. Or turn off the parking cams and turn them back on again, whichever is appropriate.

I’m okay with slow start-up, but lately I’ve been having more “camera unavailable” messages and situations where it feels like the camera launch sequence has crashed - it’s a serious drag when you get in your vehicle and really need the camera systems to navigate your way out of a tight parking spot and into quick moving traffic. When this happens to me, I do a manual restart on the vehicle at my first opportunity, but I’m hoping my next update makes this a little more stable again.

I think you guys underestimate and under-appreciate how much goes into getting that sick ass surround view. No one else has what we have.
Actually my Hyundai Santa Fe did, but I could not move the camera around and it didn't have the proper video stitching to see all perspectives as accurately, etc..

The most impressive thing is how you can adjust it and zoom in and out.

And for the 40 second load time of the cameras and the 60 computers all booting up at the same time probably have race conditions for certain modules being operational before others to work properly, and other dependencies, which probably adds to the time. I'm pretty sure when properly turned off and in deep sleep, the Lucid loses probably the least amount of power compared to all other EV's which is impressive.

It doesn't bother me but it bothers the people impatiently waiting for me to vacate the spot while I sit to wait for the cameras and audio to come on.

It doesn't bother me but it bothers the people impatiently waiting for me to vacate the spot while I sit to wait for the cameras and audio to come on.
Try launching the app when you’re on the way to the parking lot. By the time you get to the car it will be awake and the cameras should be loaded.

Mercedes has such a system:
I used it on a rental C-class in Europe like a year and a half ago.

I've read that Nio has an even cooler view that remembers what it's recently seen, so you can see the location of that parking bumper up against your tire, and white parking spot lines that are under your car, etc.
Our Volvo EV uses apparently zero power while long-term parked. Lucid's is pretty good but not quite the best.

Mercedes has such a system:
I used it on a rental C-class in Europe like a year and a half ago.
The lag on that is pretty crappy. But it does look like similar capability.

Range Rover also has something similar.

Since the Sapphire is newer, wasn't sure if they used faster processers or some hardware related improvement
Yes, they did. My understanding, based on conversations I won’t disclose, is that at some point that is likely to be offered as an upgrade/retrofit to existing cars. But obviously that’s hearsay and no guarantees.

Yes, they did. My understanding, based on conversations I won’t disclose, is that at some point that is likely to be offered as an upgrade/retrofit to existing cars. But obviously that’s hearsay and no guarantees.
Unless the cost is astronomical this is an all but guaranteed sale to me. (Hint to Lucid who monitors these forums!)

This is a screenshot for a 2012 Infiniti EX35. I have a 2012 FX35 with the exact same system. While not as flashy and powerful as the Lucid system, it was an extremely useful feature that was not very common at that time (2012). The overhead view also had green/yellow/red warning overlays that guided you on how close you could get to another object/wall. It was actually a very well implemented system.

Forgot to add -> the Infiniti Surround View system comes up instantaneously after you start the engine. No lag whatsoever.

2012_EX35_surround_view.jpg

Last edited:
This is a screenshot for a 2012 Infiniti EX35. I have a 2012 FX35 with the exact same system. While not as flashy and powerful as the Lucid system, it was an extremely useful feature that was not very common at that time (2012). The overhead view also had green/yellow/red warning overlays that guided you on how close you could get to another object/wall. It was actually a very well implemented system.

Forgot to add -> the Infiniti Surround View system comes up instantaneously after you start the engine. No lag whatsoever.

View attachment 15954
Bird's Eye is not the same as what we have.

I would love to see this. One of my concerns about being an early adopter was the possibility that I would never be able to enjoy relative problem free software, like vehicles rolled out several yearly later. Offering something like this would be a great way to ensure that future customers continue to be early adopters.

I would love to see this. One of my concerns about being an early adopter was the possibility that I would never be able to enjoy relative problem free software, like vehicles rolled out several yearly later. Offering something like this would be a great way to ensure that future customers continue to be early adopters.
I would also love to see it, just to be clear.

Back