Quick question on 3D surround view

Wolfman

Cars
BMW M8
We are getting a Lucid Touring in Europe and have a question on the surround camera views available in the car. I am not close to any centers so this would be sight unseen. Basic Dream Drive...

I have somewhat dismissed the Dream Drive Pro features as I have no interest in any semi autonomous features, but reading through the details it appears that the basic Dream Drive doesn't even have a surround view?
So no cameras in the mirrors or? My interest here is for parking and fear of curbing the wheels, especially in Europe vs the US. Streets are tight for parking...

I am also posting because I am unclear of what was available when (sales offerings or software versions). I have read that some cars had DDP with a trial subscription That would mean the cars have the additional hardware ? Lucid had offered me an available car for quick delivery instead of the configurator order that will be many months out. Are there cars sold with the basic DD option but better hardware?

I have only seen videos with the 3D video. Does anyone have a pic of the basic view?
Now I am wondering if I should change the order. Thanks!

There were a few cars at the end of 2022 that had all of the hardware and included a trial of DDPro. Those are no longer available so if you want surround view, you will need the DDPremium. I think the surround view is great and makes parking easy so I would recommend getting that.

At a minyyou need DD Premium for the surround view. It's well worth it. Are you being a used car? Or a new one?

100% get the option with the 360 camera, it’s enormously helpful in avoiding curb rash as the A pillars and low angle roofline make visibility less than ideal as you can’t really tell where your front bumper or rear wheels are, and enormously helpful in tight parking lots. The front camera will save your front bumper from curbs as well. I use highway assist on road trips and it’s fine, not as advanced as Ford or GM ADAS but great for roads without fast curves. I don’t think you’ll find one owner who is disappointed in the 360 camera and wishes they saved $ and didn’t get it.

I agree with everyone here that DD Premium is undoubtedly worth it. DD Pro is more up to the individual. Sounds like you would not consider it worth the price, so go ahead and skip it.

Lucid did just add a tilting passenger side mirror when reversing. I believe that’s available even with the basic Dream Drive. And it is helpful. But nothing beats the 360 view for avoiding all sorts of curbing and scraping.

The car is a new car but available in stock.

Insane pricing in Europe. The base price for a Touring was 130K Euro before dropping down to 99K Euro last week. The issue is that the lead times are also extensive. If you order a car, it will take 3-5 months to show up.

I have no issues with the Premium pricing but the Pro seems to be questionable. Our IX does more that the DDP right now

Thank you for everyone's input! I have been able to switch to another car that has the Dream Drive Premium in it. Required a switch from the Tahoe to Santa Cruz interior but I like both, so no disadvantage.
Both cars have short lead-times as well, a benefit for the non-US market.

Thank you for everyone's input! I have been able to switch to another car that has the Dream Drive Premium in it. Required a switch from the Tahoe to Santa Cruz interior but I like both, so no disadvantage.
Congratulations. Good decision and you will love it.

You will love the car, absolutely fabulous vehicle!

The car is a new car but available in stock.

Insane pricing in Europe. The base price for a Touring was 130K Euro before dropping down to 99K Euro last week. The issue is that the lead times are also extensive. If you order a car, it will take 3-5 months to show up.

I have no issues with the Premium pricing but the Pro seems to be questionable. Our IX does more that the DDP right now
In terms of raw ADAS features yeah many auto manufacturers beat Lucid at the moment, but in terms of the features I use most often and find the most helpful, Lucid matches or exceeds them. The Lucid adaptive cruise is smoother than any other I’ve experienced, the front and rear cross traffic auto braking has prevented accidents, the front auto braking saved me from rear ending someone when I was tired, and the 360 cameras have saved me countless parking lot scrapes, wheel rash, and the low front bumper from scraping a curb.

Back