Multiple errors - water intrusion?

Spin Doctor

Verified Owner
Cars
'22 AGT, '93 968
Referral Code
NM5ZS2NA
First time for the new car in rain / snow and I’m getting multiple errors …

- reverse light fault
- redundant lighting fault
- trunk fault (and trunk will not open)
- no sound from music, turn signals, anything at all
- constant shock / tilt alerts

I let the car sit for a couple of hours and the errors cleared, but came back again as soon as I started driving again. Reading previous threads I suspect some kind of water / connection issue.

I’ve emailed service, they responded but (understandably) can’t do anything until after Thanksgiving.

Any ideas? If I can get the trunk open I’ll fold the rear seats and blast the heat for a few hours, maybe that’ll dry out wherever the water / dodgy connection is?

- reverse light fault

I let the car sit for a couple of hours and the errors cleared, but came back again as soon as I started driving again. Reading previous threads I suspect some kind of water / connection issue.

I’ve emailed service, they responded but (understandably) can’t do anything until after Thanksgiving.

Any ideas? If I can get the trunk open I’ll fold the rear seats and blast the heat for a few hours, maybe that’ll dry out wherever the water / dodgy connection is?
Except for the last two, reports do match up with others that had water intrusion.
I would check out the 12V battery(if you can get trunk) if there is really water as it could be dangerous if so.
Also, will the trunk not manually open? If not, you could fold down the rear seats and use the emergency release lever to try and force it open.

Hope you can quickly find a solution!

Quick update: trunk is now working, as is the audio. Will blast the heat as above and see how it’s doing tomorrow.
I'm glad it's getting better. Even if you get everything working, you have to figure out how water got into the car. Driving in the rain shouldn't cause those problems.

Agree re possible water intrusion somewhere. Had an episode where charge door, wipers and several other functions failed and it proved to be water intrusion via the charge port which killed a circuit board. Rendered car inoperable until replacement of said circuit board.

Well, all the error messages have now disappeared, which backs up my water theory. All that remains is the trunk needing manual assistance to open / close, and an inoperative rear window shade.

Mobile service will come take a look next week. I’ll also get them to check out a loose trim piece and excessive draught / wind noise from the driver’s door.

Well, all the error messages have now disappeared, which backs up my water theory. All that remains is the trunk needing manual assistance to open / close, and an inoperative rear window shade.

Mobile service will come take a look next week. I’ll also get them to check out a loose trim piece and excessive draught / wind noise from the driver’s door.
Have them pulled back and take a look at the gateway mount my car had a leak in the rear window which went down into the main gateway unit the unit would start to malfunction... Then it would dry out and everything would be fine needless to say the leak was repaired the unit was replaced and so far we're happy driver

- reverse light fault

Thanks for sharing, @Spin Doctor. I just sent you a DM.

For those who have been losing sleep waiting for the conclusion to this one: Took the car to Tysons on Monday, got it back Wednesday. Yes, I know it's been a while - the delay's as much due to my own travel and scheduling issues as anything else.

They replaced the rear LVJB (whatever that is) and my trunk is now working perfectly. They also fixed the trim, did seat rehoming and a couple of other small things - including proactively addressing a steering wheel creak that I'd never even noticed, and replacing the key fob battery. So overall an excellent service experience from Tysons.

Back