[RESOLVED] Yikes! at 107 Miles and now - what seems like a significant system meltdown on my new Air.

Jordan

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air grand Touring
I have had my new Lucid for one week. It has a total of 107 miles (87 by me). I last drove it on Thursday, and it was a dream to drive. We went to our kids for the holiday, so the car sat in our garage, secure and temperature controlled for three days. I returned this evening to get something out of the trunk and could not open it. So I got in the car to move it, and major issues start coming up on the dash. Two left screens are dark. The items called out were:
  • Trunk Failure
  • Passenger Airbag Status Indicator Fault
  • Lane Depart Prevention Failure
  • Automatic Emergency Breaking Disabled
  • Redundant Lighting Fault
  • Drive System Warning
  • The rear lights in the back were only half on (left side illuminated, right side dark).
  • So far, not a single control, i.e., seat, mirrors, etc, do not work.
Called Client support, and they were fast to answer. One of the reasons I left Tesla after owning 2 Model S's is that it is impossible to speak with anyone there for anything, and their service went from great to very poor in my book. The fact that they answered and I was able to have several calls with them, and then the service manager in Scottsdale called me within a half hour is great.

What is not so great is the fact that I have a one-week-old car with what feels like some pretty major electronic issues. They have a service tech coming out tomorrow at 10, so we will see what they find, but they told me if it is going to take time, they will send me to Hertz for a nice car (but not a Lucid) that they will cover - anyone have this issue or experience?

-
IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG
IMG_1298.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG
IMG_1301.JPG

I have had my new Lucid for one week. It has a total of 107 miles (87 by me). I last drove it on Thursday, and it was a dream to drive. We went to our kids for the holiday, so the car sat in our garage, secure and temperature controlled for three days. I returned this evening to get something out of the trunk and could not open it. So I got in the car to move it, and major issues start coming up on the dash. Two left screens are dark. The items called out were:
  • Trunk Failure
  • Drive System Warning
  • The rear lights in the back were only half on (left side illuminated, right side dark).
Called Client support, and they were fast to answer. One of the reasons I left Tesla after owning 2 Model S's is that it is impossible to speak with anyone there for anything, and their service went from great to very poor in my book. The fact that they answered and I was able to have several calls with them, and then the service manager in Scottsdale called me within a half hour is great.

What is not so great is the fact that I have a one-week-old car with what feels like some pretty major electronic issues. They have a service tech coming out tomorrow at 10, so we will see what they find, but they told me if it is going to take time, they will send me to Hertz for a nice car (but not a Lucid) that they will cover - anyone have this issue or experience?

-View attachment 8017View attachment 8018View attachment 8019View attachment 8020View attachment 8021
I have never seen that many issues crop up all at once. My guess is there is some systemic issue; a loose control cable or something like that. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this!

Since they’re sending a tech out tomorrow it sounds like you’re near a service center, which is great. They will set you up with a Hertz rental without issue; unfortunately there are no Lucid loaners yet as they are prioritizing customer deliveries. In the long run, they do plan to have Lucid loaners, but that hasn’t happened yet.

I have never seen that many issues crop up all at once. My guess is there is some systemic issue; a loose control cable or something like that. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this!

Since they’re sending a tech out tomorrow it sounds like you’re near a service center, which is great. They will set you up with a Hertz rental without issue; unfortunately there are no Lucid loaners yet as they are prioritizing customer deliveries. In the long run, they do plan to have Lucid loaners, but that hasn’t happened yet.
Yes,fortunately, I am about five miles from the Scottsdale Service Center. I just said to my wife; this is one of the challenges when you are an early adopter. I have been one all my life, and it has paid massive dividends in my life. However, sometimes it takes patience.

My guess is that loaners will be Pure. But will not have many until Q1 2023.

• Trunk Failure
  • Drive System Warning

-View attachment 8017View attachment 8018View attachment 8019View attachment 8020View attachment 8021

Sorry to hear about your experience after week one. That is truly an odd combination of errors!! Hopefully it’s an easy fix. Please let us know what they find.

Yeah wow, never seen that cluster of errors. I’ve had the drive system error reproducibly triggered by a nearby radar station, always cured by a soft reboot, never affected the performance of the car. Hopefully yours is something as simple as a bad fuse or cable?

borski--don't what to provoke you or Bunny...but when you insist "very, very rare..." I think you guys need to be sure...

borski--don't what to provoke you or Bunny...but when you insist "very, very rare..." I think you guys need to be sure...
And why do you think we need to be sure it’s rare? The reports of this series of alerts happening simultaneously was zero percent as far as I know before this thread. Do you know something we don’t?

And why do you think we need to be sure it’s rare? The reports of this series of alerts happening simultaneously was zero percent as far as I know before this thread. Do you know something we don’t?
Quite the opposite...you Moderators speak with implied authority here...if you're just guessing, say so...

Quite the opposite...you Moderators speak with implied authority here...if you're just guessing, say so...
In my reading the forum and the Facebook groups and the Reddit Group I can say with 100% authority that I myself have never heard of this before. How is that “just guessing”?

If Lucid HQ has access to "vehicle population" statistics, what this forum is is "vehicle sample" statistics. This forum is an incomplete set of data. What was described above has not happened in this sample space. so what bunny is saying is correct in this sample space. Its not guesswork if its a known truth in a sample space. Of course nobody here has access to the population data of these errors, only Lucid knows that.

If 1 person in a sample of 100 people wins the lottery, the chances of winning in that sample space is 1%, but that is not true for the population; the chances of winning are far far lower. The inverse probability is happening in this forum.

In my reading the forum and the Facebook groups and the Reddit Group I can say with 100% authority that I myself have never heard of this before. How is that “just guessing”?
In my reading of...perfect...thx

And even if I’m “just guessing”, what exactly is the point that this non-owner/two identity member here is making? That this error could be not rare? Ok sure. Maybe it’s not rare, yet nobody here has ever heard of it before. Excellent point @digiboxer, check mate.

I recall that someone (maybe @Cosmo Cruz ) had similar multiple issues and turned out to be 12V cable wasn’t torqued correctly … maybe they could chime in.
I think his was displays failing and brake failure warnings? I don’t recall a trunk/redundant lighting/lane departure error in his situation but I might be misremembering it.

If Lucid HQ has access to "vehicle population" statistics, what this forum is is "vehicle sample" statistics. This forum is an incomplete set of data. What was described above has not happened in this sample space. so what bunny is saying is correct in this sample space. Its not guesswork if its a known truth in a sample space. Of course nobody here has access to the population data of these errors, only Lucid knows that.

If 1 person in a sample of 100 people wins the lottery, the chances of winning in that sample space is 1%, but that is not true for the population; the chances of winning are far far lower. The inverse probability is happening in this forum.
You make an eloquent case for what ISNT known...not for what IS known

Of course only Lucid knows, therefor not Bunny or any of us

Objective data are the only TRUTH here, and only Lucid has them

No need to make personal enemies over what seems to be irrefutable

And even if I’m “just guessing”, what exactly is the point that this non-owner/two identity member here is making? That this error could be not rare? Ok sure. Maybe it’s not rare, yet nobody here has ever heard of it before. Excellent point @digiboxer, check mate

I think you just kind of made part of his point. So non-owner options are valued less by you? Good to know.

Nowhere on this thread did I use those words.

In fact, here is the relevant part of what I said, specifically. Emphasis added for clarity:

I have never seen that many issues crop up all at once. My guess is there is some systemic issue; a loose control cable or something like that.

Nowhere did I state I knew anything for certain, other than what I had and hadn’t seen. In fact, I even labeled my guess just that.

Please stop, on every single thread with any issue, making a mountain out of an anthill. We get that you think there may be a higher incidence rate than what we see in this forum. Great. You can now stop repeating that, and we’ll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

Here, it is not relevant to this specific thread or this new owner’s issues, and it is certainly not helpful to the original poster. It only serves to create drama where none is needed.

I think you just kind of made part of his point. So non-owner options are valued less by you? Good to know.
Non-owner opinions on the reliability of the car are, by definition, less valuable; importantly, please do not misread this to mean they have no value. They have some intrinsic value, as most opinions do, but they have not lived with the car and been able to experience it’s stability, or lack thereof, firsthand. That’s not really an arguable point.

The only exception is if someone has a significant amount of data that is statistically significant, or has run a major auto manufacturer before. I don’t think either applies in this case.

Back