Lucid Gravity Release candidate

Sid432

Reaction score
Cars
AT | Q5 | MDX | MURANO
Referral Code
X1VWPQ1V
There's the following comment in that subreddit: "This is the RC1 of 30 that will be produced in August. Most will end up for media & promo use. Customer production variants will start from October, where reservations will be opened for November delivery". The commenter was asked for a source, but did not respond.

Anyone here have any info that confirms that timeline?

There's the following comment in that subreddit: "This is the RC1 of 30 that will be produced in August. Most will end up for media & promo use. Customer production variants will start from October, where reservations will be opened for November delivery". The commenter was asked for a source, but did not respond.

Anyone here have any info that confirms that timeline?
This lines up with what I was told at the recent factory event. The low volume of Gravitys built in 2024 will first go to customers who've had a long-term, friendly relationship with Lucid, I imagine to some of those unofficial product enthusiasts/champions we know on this forum. Very reasonable IMO.

This lines up with what I was told at the recent factory event. The low volume of Gravitys built in 2024 will first go to customers who've had a long-term, friendly relationship with Lucid, I imagine to some of those unofficial product enthusiasts/champions we know on this forum. Very reasonable IMO.
Yes, this lines up perfectly with what Lucid said last November when they revealed Gravity. A "few" deliveries late this year, and then shipping in earnest early next year. Good to see Lucid is still on schedule.

Definitely reasonable and deserved.

This is really exciting to see. Kudos to the Lucid team!

Super exciting. That being said I wouldn't touch any of the first 12-months-production cars. My lease is up Jan 2026, so that should work out just great.

Super exciting. That being said I wouldn't touch any of the first 12-months-production cars. My lease is up Jan 2026, so that should work out just great.

I had/have two Air Dream Editions (No. 154 was totaled in an accident, and I replaced it with No. 395). There were a few minor quality issues, but all except one were quickly resolved by Lucid Service. In fact, our first Air was delivered with considerably fewer defects than the Model S Plaid we purchased four months earlier, and the Airs have required less service since.

I have no qualms about planning to snag an early Gravity Dream Edition in case it is a limited run, especially since Lucid now has three years of manufacturing experience under its belt.

I had/have two Air Dream Editions (No. 154 was totaled in an accident, and I replaced it with No. 395). There were a few minor quality issues, but all except one were quickly resolved by Lucid Service. In fact, our first Air was delivered with considerably fewer defects than the Model S Plaid we purchased four months earlier, and the Airs have required less service since.

I have no qualms about planning to snag an early Gravity Dream Edition in case it is a limited run, especially since Lucid now has three years of manufacturing experience under its belt.
You Sir are probably among the 1% fully happy early adopters. Most of the stories I read - not that I know all of them - are not so happy. Also, different people have different tolerance for early issues. Mine is low, esp when the car is $140k.

You Sir are probably among the 1% fully happy early adopters. Most of the stories I read - not that I know all of them - are not so happy. Also, different people have different tolerance for early issues. Mine is low, esp when the car is $140k.
The very definition of entitled behavior.

That's because happy people don't vent on the internet...
There are many happy DE owners on here.

As typically in online forums, people who are happy do not complain. I am another one of the happy and satisfied owners. I bet there are a lot more than 1% of owners who are happy early adopters. That is not to say there are no software issues, but they are just small in comparison to the overall car and driving experience.

I got one of the early GT's and couldn't complain about the build quality at all. The 2 items were really the steering wheel creak and parcel shelf creak but for a new company and first models coming off the line they're not things to be screaming about the car being poorly built.

I did have the HV battery \ Wunderbox issue but that persisted across a number of vehicles for months. Lucid was very responsive to that issue while they had my car so again, I can't say I was really disappointed getting an early production model. I also think Lucid has probably learnt many things from producing the Air that will benefit the Gravity in its early production run

I've been an early adopter most of my life and do perhaps have an above-average tolerance for such things. But if you think I was a "fully happy" customer, you should read some of my posts from the early days of UX 1.0 software.

I got one of the early MB SL55 AMGs that introduced their brake-by-wire system. Not only did that system fail twice (and was subsequently taken out of production), but that was one of the most problem-ridden cars I ever owned.

I got an early Jaquar S-Type that had constant dashboard blackouts and lost its transmission three months in.

I got one of the first Audi R8s to hit the U.S., and part of its suspension system failed on the drive home.

I got an early C4 Corvette that I eventually left on the side of the road when it went into limp mode again after having been in the shop multiple times. (That car also had a tie rod fall off going over a railroad crossing, constantly warped the rear brake rotors, and required me to stuff paper towels In the top of the windows to keep rain out.)

I got an early Audi S6 wagon and had to get rid of it after a year because a defect in the software interface between its GM OnStar system and the car kept draining the battery, a problem Audi was never able to fix.

I got an early next-generation Honda Odyssey in 2011. There was a distortion on the right side of its windshield that plagued all the early cars and that Honda did not retroactively fix, and it had a programming error in its gear shift algorithms that took Honda over a year to sort out and correct in existing cars.

By contrast, life with the Lucid Air Dream Editions has been a cake walk. Except for the Honda (which was replaced with another early next-gen model in 2017 which still has a rear sliding door that jams intermittently), it's the only one of the new models I expect to keep for several more years. In fact, I have been rather astonished that Lucid got so many things right with an entirely new car from a fairly new company.

I've been an early adopter most of my life and do perhaps have an above-average tolerance for such things. But if you think I was a "fully happy" customer, you should read some of my posts from the early days of UX 1.0 software.

I got one of the early MB SL55 AMGs that introduced their brake-by-wire system. Not only did that system fail twice (and was subsequently taken out of production), but that was one of the most problem-ridden cars I ever owned.

I got an early Jaquar S-Type that had constant dashboard blackouts and lost its transmission three months in.

I got one of the first Audi R8s to hit the U.S., and part of its suspension system failed on the drive home.

I got an early C4 Corvette that I eventually left on the side of the road when it went into limp mode again after having been in the shop multiple times. (That car also had a tie rod fall off going over a railroad crossing, constantly warped the rear brake rotors, and required me to stuff paper towels In the top of the windows to keep rain out.)

I got an early Audi S6 wagon and had to get rid of it after a year because a defect in the software interface between its GM OnStar system and the car kept draining the battery, a problem Audi was never able to fix.

I got an early next-generation Honda Odyssey in 2011. There was a distortion on the right side of its windshield that plagued all the early cars and that Honda did not retroactively fix, and it had a programming error in its gear shift algorithms that took Honda over a year to sort out and correct in existing cars.

By contrast, life with the Lucid Air Dream Editions has been a cake walk. Except for the Honda (which was replaced with another early next-gen model in 2017 which still has a rear sliding door that jams intermittently), it's the only one of the new models I expect to keep for several more years. In fact, I have been rather astonished that Lucid got so many things right with an entirely new car from a fairly new company.
Keyword "early". That's exactly what I was saying that I wouldn't get an early production car - esp when is from a new automaker like Lucid, Tesla, Rivian, etc. My rule - which I broke with Lucid btw - is that I only get cars that got their mid-life refresh / LCI. Hence, no issues.

Keyword "early". That's exactly what I was saying that I wouldn't get an early production car - esp when is from a new automaker like Lucid, Tesla, Rivian, etc. My rule - which I broke with Lucid btw - is that I only get cars that got their mid-life refresh / LCI. Hence, no issues.
You're expecting an early production car to behave like one that has been out a number of years and had all the issues worked out. Which will never happen. This is my first EV and first car from a new company. It was already on UX 2.0 when I got mine in December of 2022, but it's had issues from time to time that I never had on one of my Toyotas. And as much as I adore this car for myself, I wouldn't recommend it to someone who can't deal with an occasional software issue.

More for me. :)

This is simply factually not correct. The ownership experience is, by and large, spectacular for the vast vast majority of owners. Most owners are happy, but happy owners rarely seek out online car forums to post in about how happy they are. Most DEs are still owned by their original owners. That should say something.

That's fine; I very much enjoyed driving my DE for well over a year before most people got their cars.

Back