Lucid Gravity Pre Production has begun

Also, there has been one thing bugging me throughout this whole rollout that nobody seems to mention: Every 1000v V4 Supercharger will have CCS built in.
Possibly - but until any are built, who knows.

Possibly - but until any are built, who knows.
True, but thus far, all V4 Superchargers (with V3 cabinets) have had the magic dock allowing for CCS connectivity. Therefore, I see no reason they would remove the magic dock for the "real" V4 chargers.

True, but thus far, all V4 Superchargers (with V3 cabinets) have had the magic dock allowing for CCS connectivity. Therefore, I see no reason they would remove the magic dock for the "real" V4 chargers.
One thing to keep in mind is those Magic Dock adapters don't go above 150Kw. Regardless, 150Kw is better than 50Kw but even all the NACS adapters being provided to Ford and Rivian owners tap out at 150Kw I believe. If anyone wants to get true charging speeds then an adapter is not the way but until those V4's are true 1000v and who knows when that will be it's 50Kw only for the foreseeable future.

As much as people complain about EA, I regularly get better than 250 when I start (Pure AWD) and go from less than 10 to 80 in 30 - 35 minutes. Yes they can be crowded and people tend to charge tp 100%, tying up stalls.
I'd hope for relief from loss of free charging, greater implementation of 85% limits and deployment of more stalls, before I'd hope for NACS connectors on Lucids.

Also, there has been one thing bugging me throughout this whole rollout that nobody seems to mention: Every 1000v V4 Supercharger will have CCS built in.

If CCS is built into the actually "usable" superchargers, and we have an adapter if we need to charge at a 50 kwh supercharger (in the rare case of an emergency), why is there such an urgent need for NACS?

Along with the shitshow Elon is producing over at the supercharger division, it makes sense why the Gravity would not have NACS. This would also explain why the 2025 Air doesn't have NACS, as it was previously planned that all 2025 MY Lucids would have NACS. However, although I agree with Lucid in that CCS is the way to go for now, I do still think the charger placement should be changed for better. Moving it near the rear would make it compatible with pretty much every existing charger, although an accident involving the rear (which I believe is more common than side-impact collisions) could be more expensive to repair.
As an EV owner (Tesla and Rivian) for over 10 years (Tesla), the NACS supercharger network is so reliable and extensive compared to the dumpster fire of CCS charging stations, I will buy a Gravity only if it has NACS built in. And I also agree with placement of charging port on driver's side rear, as it helps to play well with others in the supercharging station sandbox.
Notice that Jeep's Wagoneer S has their charging port on the driver's side rear.
Gravity will have far more interior room and be more efficient, but the Wagoneer S is a direct competitor. I will be co-shopping both since I sold my Rivian R1S due to AC problems and the inability to get it serviced in a timely manner (<2 months).

As an EV owner (Tesla and Rivian) for over 10 years (Tesla), the NACS supercharger network is so reliable and extensive compared to the dumpster fire of CCS charging stations, I will buy a Gravity only if it has NACS built in. And I also agree with placement of charging port on driver's side rear, as it helps to play well with others in the supercharging station sandbox.
Notice that Jeep's Wagoneer S has their charging port on the driver's side rear.
Gravity will have far more interior room and be more efficient, but the Wagoneer S is a direct competitor. I will be co-shopping both since I sold my Rivian R1S due to AC problems and the inability to get it serviced in a timely manner (<2 months).
Mmmm...300 mile range with NACS or 440 mile range with CCS- I'm going with the Gravity. The few times i roadtrip doesn't make NACS essential for me. And I charge at home every night.

Isn't wagoneer S only 300 mile range, means real world you get about 220? I don't see having a NACS with that much range being superior to a Gravity with 350 real world range and CCS.

I may have missed this from other threads, but am I right to assume that it's confirmed that Lucid will also similarly provide NACS charging for free at Tesla stations for the Gravity?

I may have missed this from other threads, but am I right to assume that it's confirmed that Lucid will also similarly provide NACS charging for free at Tesla stations for the Gravity?
Lucid is unlikely to include free charging on any network. It just not make sense and encourages the wrong use of superchargers. They will likely include some sort of home charging instead.

Isn't wagoneer S only 300 mile range, means real world you get about 220? I don't see having a NACS with that much range being superior to a Gravity with 350 real world range and CCS.
Agree that range is most important. Jeep says >300 miles with 100 kwh battery. Does that mean 301 miles or 351 miles? Certainly depends on driving style. But if both vehicles drive at 75 mph, the Gravity certainly would go farther due to more efficient motor. I just like the NACS connector and reliability of supercharging network. Unfortunately, the guy who conceived and built them out has gone out of his mind. LOL.

Mmmm...300 mile range with NACS or 440 mile range with CCS- I'm going with the Gravity. The few times i roadtrip doesn't make NACS essential for me. And I charge at home every night.
I charge at home every night, too. But if/when I do take a roadtrip, supercharging network is very reliable.

Agree that range is most important. Jeep says >300 miles with 100 kwh battery. Does that mean 301 miles or 351 miles? ...
It likely means about 250 miles of freeway range.

Good article about heat pumps in EVs.

Personally I would call heat pumps a mitigation or an improvement, but not a solution. The current battery chemistry does not function well in the cold, and there is no waste heat to warm the cabin like there is in ICEVs. So any approach is going to reduce range when it gets cold. In milder climates, heat pumps are superior. I have read (no personal experience) that the farther it goes below freezing, resistance heaters perform better than heat pumps.

Maybe the ultimate solution will be solid state batteries. But I will remain skeptical until I actually see them in vehicles and see real world reports of how they perform. For sure cabin heat will still be needed, and range will still be impacted when heating the cabin. But at least maybe the battery won't be as sensitive to extreme temperatures.

Maybe the ultimate solution will be solid state batteries. But I will remain skeptical until I actually see them in vehicles and see real world reports of how they perform. For sure cabin heat will still be needed, and range will still be impacted when heating the cabin. But at least maybe the battery won't be as sensitive to extreme temperatures.
Solid state batteries seem to be in the same situation FSD has been stuck in for a number of years...... "Coming next year" 😂

Back