Lucid announces Fourth Quarter Earnings Call Date

I was surprised Lucid did not have a Super Bowl ad. I totally get not wanting to get bombarded with orders but to have been "car of the year" and all the "new" competition you don't want to get passed up either.

I was surprised Lucid did not have a Super Bowl ad. I totally get not wanting to get bombarded with orders but to have been "car of the year" and all the "new" competition you don't want to get passed up either.
If I was running the company that had a 1-year backlog I wouldn't be spending much money on advertising, especially if it was already getting a lot of free marketing.

If I was running the company that had a 1-year backlog I wouldn't be spending much money on advertising, especially if it was already getting a lot of free marketing.
Agreed. Lucid has received a lot of free marketing with COTY and many positive reviews. They can start paying for advertisements next fall as their deliveries start to catch up with reservations.

Keeping the excitement up is huge IMO.
$7M for a 30 second razzle dazzle spot touting COTY and range, plus production costs is an inexpensive buzz for a company with a $36B market cap.

$7M for a 30 second razzle dazzle spot touting COTY and range, plus production costs is an inexpensive buzz for a company with a $36B market cap.

I still encounter people who have never heard of Lucid. You need to either have the product advertise itself or you there needs to be ads. IMHO

They were probably counting on making deliveries and everything working out and using word of mouth and seeing the car on the road to be the advertisement, just like a certain other company. But things got delayed so we will see in the long term how that pans out for them and whether or not it will work.

Not sure about that. You can't spend market cap.

Back