Lucid announces Fourth Quarter Earnings Call Date

I wonder if that means I'll have my car by then??

Wonder why it was pushed until the last possible date they could legally hold it?

As a company I don't think they're off to a good start from a PR standpoint. You don't win confidence by remaining quiet. This is clearly for them to try and play catch up and try and put a positive spin on a bad Q4. To me, I just don't see how this strategy of silence plays out for them especially when they're trying to build a brand. Did you see all the EV ads on the Super Bowl yesterday? Nothing from Lucid.

For me, the strategy works at the moment as I want to buy more shares so will be waiting for the price to tank come Feb 29th :D

Last edited:
I was surprised to not see a EQS commercial or Polestar, from what I remember, BMW, Chevy, GM, Kia showed off their EVs?

They are doing exactly what you would expect from a newly public Company with no real good news to announce and it is exactly the wrong thing to do. They are letting the press, their customers, their future customers, current investors and future investors control the narrative. They are hoping to be able to spin some good forward-looking news/optimism in with the bad results. This is a Company that did not make the deliveries they had hoped and communicated due to whatever factors they want to blame. This is a Company that appears to be having supply chain problems along with the rest of the world. This is a Company that is having software issues along with some scattered hardware issues that appear to be basic and challenging. The screen issues come to mind and those issues are a big deal. They are not something that can be overlooked when driving the car on a day-to-day basis. This is a Company that appears to have no real chance at making the production number guidance they have given.

With all of these issues, they have decided to remain in hiding as long as possible hoping to have something good to say by the time they absolutely have to make all of this bad news public. They will get questions from analysts about all of these issues along with how each of these issues impacts guidance, both operational and financial. They are still in an bit of a honeymoon period, but they will start getting hammered by the analysts if they can't make numbers and they keep giving vague answers.

I was not surprised at all by a lack of Lucid commercials. The last thing they really can afford to do is get a flood of orders they can't possibly keep up with. Peter's own reasoning behind the rollout delay to "get the car right" has proven to bite him in the "you know what" along with his claiming that Lucid would not be like XXX. The whole excuse of a "blackout period" does not hold water. That "blackout period" is theoretically the time between the period end and when you make the period end results public. It is a blackout period where no Company personnel or certain others are restricted from trading due to Insider trading. By waiting until the last possible time to release results, they have created to greatest possible risk for insider trading. I really hope all of this is just a bump in the road, so to speak.

IMO, they are actually somewhat lucky they have not been able to produce as many as they might otherwise like to at this point. The number of service centers currently active would, in no way, be able to keep up with the issues they are having. Remember, there are only a handful of operational service centers, 4 in CA, 1 in Seattle and only 3 east of the Mississippi and 1 in Houston.

I was surprised to not see a EQS commercial or Polestar, from what I remember, BMW, Chevy, GM, Kia showed off their EVs?
The commercials were so bad (like the halftime show), at times you didn't know what product they were pushing.

They are doing exactly what you would expect from a newly public Company with no real good news to announce and it is exactly the wrong thing to do. They are letting the press, their customers, their future customers, current investors and future investors control the narrative. They are hoping to be able to spin some good forward-looking news/optimism in with the bad results. This is a Company that did not make the deliveries they had hoped and communicated due to whatever factors they want to blame. This is a Company that appears to be having supply chain problems along with the rest of the world. This is a Company that is having software issues along with some scattered hardware issues that appear to be basic and challenging. The screen issues come to mind and those issues are a big deal. They are not something that can be overlooked when driving the car on a day-to-day basis. This is a Company that appears to have no real chance at making the production number guidance they have given.

With all of these issues, they have decided to remain in hiding as long as possible hoping to have something good to say by the time they absolutely have to make all of this bad news public. They will get questions from analysts about all of these issues along with how each of these issues impacts guidance, both operational and financial. They are still in an bit of a honeymoon period, but they will start getting hammered by the analysts if they can't make numbers and they keep giving vague answers.

I was not surprised at all by a lack of Lucid commercials. The last thing they really can afford to do is get a flood of orders they can't possibly keep up with. Peter's own reasoning behind the rollout delay to "get the car right" has proven to bite him in the "you know what" along with his claiming that Lucid would not be like XXX. The whole excuse of a "blackout period" does not hold water. That "blackout period" is theoretically the time between the period end and when you make the period end results public. It is a blackout period where no Company personnel or certain others are restricted from trading due to Insider trading. By waiting until the last possible time to release results, they have created to greatest possible risk for insider trading. I really hope all of this is just a bump in the road, so to speak.

IMO, they are actually somewhat lucky they have not been able to produce as many as they might otherwise like to at this point. The number of service centers currently active would, in no way, be able to keep up with the issues they are having. Remember, there are only a handful of operational service centers, 4 in CA, 1 in Seattle and only 3 east of the Mississippi and 1 in Houston.
Yeah, unfortunately I think you are right on in your analysis. It has caused me to have concern about the quality of the top management team as my philosophy has always been better to fess up early on and explain the issues rather than let it drag on and on with speculation rampant. I don't see any way at this point the Q4 Earnings Call is going to be a positive, but I hope I'm wrong.

This is a Company that appears to be having supply chain problems along with the rest of the world. This is a Company that is having software issues along with some scattered hardware issues that appear to be basic and challenging. The screen issues come to mind and those issues are a big deal.
From the outside it looks like their problems are not catastrophic. The hard product by all accounts is top-of-class save some defective parts from suppliers..though we have no statistics on what the end product defect rate actually is. The software shipped broken but is being fixed at a remarkable rate. Even if shipments are delayed, I'll still be able to get a good car at MSRP, which is no longer true for many cars.

Your points about communication are well said. Every time I've made a mistake professionally and taken full responsibility immediately, people have been extremely understanding.

It seems like if they just said these things it wouldn't be so bad. Guess we'll hear in a couple weeks.

If you like incoherent rap, nothing. I understand that show was not geared to my age demographic. There were 4 of us watching and we all had the same opinion.
I went outside to grill during the halftime show. Had no interest in any of those rap performers.

That half time show was 30 minutes of my life I will never get back. I actually ended up muting it and reading a book.

Actually the funny thing here is that the performance was geared more towards people 50+ than those under 40. The artists were largely 50 or older.

I'd say the audience was more 40s to 50s because that's the generation that those artists were a major part of the music scene. I enjoyed it!

Back