LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobzilla

Very high short % too. Almost tempting to grab some but it seems to just keep going lower and lower. I wonder how Lucid is doing for Q3

I saw somewhere that July new car registrations dropped from the previous months. No clue how accurate that is. But with the new incentives in August and September, I'm guessing/hoping the numbers went back up a bunch. Gravity and the lower cost car/SUV need to arrive ASAP to help with numbers. I don't ever expect Lucid to reach anything near Tesla numbers because that's not their goal, but hopefully they can take a chunk out of the BMW/MB/Audi numbers.

I think I saw an article about Saudi Arabia trying to get Tesla to make a factory there so if that's true does that kinda seem like theyre not as confident in Lucid? Could just be diversifying too though

I think I saw an article about Saudi Arabia trying to get Tesla to make a factory there so if that's true does that kinda seem like theyre not as confident in Lucid? Could just be diversifying too though
That was false article by WSJ, or so say Elon Musk...

Lucid Motors, backed by the Public Investment Fund, is delivering its first factory outside the US, which will make up half of the Kingdom’s plan to produce 300,000 vehicles annually by 2030.

The megacity has a ready-built residential infrastructure for the future employees of Lucid Motors, which includes schools and recreational and entertainment avenues.

Lucid and CEER, everything else is not that important to Saudi's

Lucid Motors, backed by the Public Investment Fund, is delivering its first factory outside the US, which will make up half of the Kingdom’s plan to produce 300,000 vehicles annually by 2030.

The megacity has a ready-built residential infrastructure for the future employees of Lucid Motors, which includes schools and recreational and entertainment avenues.

I did not know it would be a megacity. It seems that the Saudis are doing legitimate attempts to improve.

That's good. Lucid is here for the long haul theb

I read somewhere that Lucid only had about 500 new car registrations per month for the first 7 months of this year. They had slipped to 18th in EV sales. I think this is a combo of factors, the economy has soured a bit, the high end EV market is saturated, Lucid hasn’t really ramped up euro and far east deliveries , the Gravity which would compete in the popular SUV niche is still months away and Tesla has drastically lowered the price of Lucids main competition with the model S. Oh and the general public still has no idea who lucid is. My wife plays the stock market quite a bit( has a managing brokers license) wants to dump our lucid stock as a write off at the end of the year despite my protestations that Lucid will turn around in the next 6 months with the launch of the gravity and other markets opening up. Any thoughts?

I read somewhere that Lucid only had about 500 new car registrations per month for the first 7 months of this year. They had slipped to 18th in EV sales. I think this is a combo of factors, the economy has soured a bit, the high end EV market is saturated, Lucid hasn’t really ramped up euro and far east deliveries , the Gravity which would compete in the popular SUV niche is still months away and Tesla has drastically lowered the price of Lucids main competition with the model S. Oh and the general public still has no idea who lucid is. My wife plays the stock market quite a bit( has a managing brokers license) wants to dump our lucid stock as a write off at the end of the year despite my protestations that Lucid will turn around in the next 6 months with the launch of the gravity and other markets opening up. Any thoughts?
Worst time to sell, you should have done that a year ago. Why sell at/near the bottom? Going forward you have Saudi Gov sales ( 10k a year ), Saudi exports to other countries, Gravity is just a year away, Feds will start cutting intererst rates next year, another licensing deal for a small car, Q2 did not include exports, Aug/Sept sales rose significantly....Lucid is a long game. I live in Phoenix and most people haven't heard of it. Once word gets out more, and economy improves, you will see nore sales. Its the best EV and the best looking one out there period! I'm just holding my stock a decade at least.

I suspect base Gravity will start at 79k to get the tax incentive. Air will drop in price again in 2025.

Worst time to sell, you should have done that a year ago. Why sell at/near the bottom? Going forward you have Saudi Gov sales ( 10k a year ), Saudi exports to other countries, Gravity is just a year away, Feds will start cutting intererst rates next year, another licensing deal for a small car, Q2 did not include exports, Aug/Sept sales rose significantly....Lucid is a long game. I live in Phoenix and most people haven't heard of it. Once word gets out more, and economy improves, you will see nore sales. Its the best EV and the best looking one out there period! I'm just holding my stock a decade at least.

I suspect base Gravity will start at 79k to get the tax incentive. Air will drop in price again in 2025.
To add to this, with Pure RWD due to go into production this month (as stated in the last earnings call) I would think that sales will increase further. That in turn should increase awareness of the company.
And Sapphire too, but I think Pure RWD is more important.

Can we stop quoting us car registrationns, Lucid said last quarter Saudi deliveries are starting to ramp

I actually bought a significant amount in the 5's to average down. I feel its an opportunity not to be missed. Ignore the youtubers, motleyfools and investorplace posters- they are clueless amateurs catering to Lucid haters ( the competition starting with the letter T)...they need views so spread garbage on Lucid.

The Mercedes EQS AMG sedan starts at 145k, only puts out 650hp and range is only 277 miles.

My Lucid Touring costs 40k less, 620hp, 425 mile range.

Lucid GT- 819 hp and 469 miles for 137k.

Lucid tech is out of this world, better than even Tesla. Mercedes is 5 years behind at least. Makes sense why Aston Martin went with Lucid and dumped Mercedes for EV tech.

So I decided to by more Lucid stock, not sell and take losses.

Right there with you. I've been accumulating since July. I thought I was the only village idiot.

Can we stop quoting us car registrationns, Lucid said last quarter Saudi deliveries are starting to ramp
Can’t see Saudi’s buying that many. US market is so much larger and Lucid has to be a force here to remain competitive.

Can’t see Saudi’s buying that many. US market is so much larger and Lucid has to be a force here to remain competitive.
They have an agreement to purchase 50,000 over 10 years I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back