Investing In LCID

Silent Lucidity

Cars
Mazda 6
Hello from Florida

I wish I owned a Lucid, but its just not in the cards for me right now. Instead of buying a Lucid, I'm considering buying stock in it. It's dirt cheap right now. (trading at $3/share right now) With the soon to be release of the Gravity, the expansion of the plaint in Houston (which should drive down costs), and Lucid having cash on hand, it seems like a good investment. I'm far from rich (hence, I drive a Mazda 6, which is a GREAT little car, and not a Lucid) and am only looking to invest a humble $2,500.00. While I can afford to lose that amount, I'd much prefer not too.

I saw a previous thread of investing, but it didn't really provide any insight as to the quality/long term survivability of Lucid. I was hoping to learn from the owners, and what your experiences are with long-term ownership of a Lucid? The performance, range, and luxury of the car are top notch. (that Sapphire is a Plaid Smasher, IMO) , Unfortunately, I've also heard stories of software glitches, some other quality control issues common to a start up.

I imagine that posing a question to a message board may result in some biased answers, but I'd really like to know your opinions. Other than minor glitches, is the car reliable? Do you see yourself buying another one or possibly getting the Gravity if you are in the need for an E-SUV? What does a Lucid bring to the table that its competitors don't?

As a subtopic, Lucid is pretty Liquid (over 4.5 billion in cash), why don't they advertise a lot. Lack of brand recognition is killing them, IMO. Maybe its because manufacturing capabilities are limited, so they didn't want to create demand it can't meet? Just odd to me. 2022 Car of the Year: should have been shoved down the public's throat like Flo from Progressive.

I thank you for your time. It's boom or bust time for this stock: Hopefully we can all hitch our wagon to it and get rich.

Hello from Florida

I wish I owned a Lucid, but its just not in the cards for me right now. Instead of buying a Lucid, I'm considering buying stock in it. It's dirt cheap right now. (trading at $3/share right now) With the soon to be release of the Gravity, the expansion of the plaint in Houston (which should drive down costs), and Lucid having cash on hand, it seems like a good investment. I'm far from rich (hence, I drive a Mazda 6, which is a GREAT little car, and not a Lucid) and am only looking to invest a humble $2,500.00. While I can afford to lose that amount, I'd much prefer not too.

I saw a previous thread of investing, but it didn't really provide any insight as to the quality/long term survivability of Lucid. I was hoping to learn from the owners, and what your experiences are with long-term ownership of a Lucid? The performance, range, and luxury of the car are top notch. (that Sapphire is a Plaid Smasher, IMO) , Unfortunately, I've also heard stories of software glitches, some other quality control issues common to a start up.

I imagine that posing a question to a message board may result in some biased answers, but I'd really like to know your opinions. Other than minor glitches, is the car reliable? Do you see yourself buying another one or possibly getting the Gravity if you are in the need for an E-SUV? What does a Lucid bring to the table that its competitors don't?

As a subtopic, Lucid is pretty Liquid (over 4.5 billion in cash), why don't they advertise a lot. Lack of brand recognition is killing them, IMO. Maybe its because manufacturing capabilities are limited, so they didn't want to create demand it can't meet? Just odd to me. 2022 Car of the Year: should have been shoved down the public's throat like Flo from Progressive.

I thank you for your time. It's boom or bust time for this stock: Hopefully we can all hitch our wagon to it and get rich.
I can only give you the response I posted in a similar thread - I think the technology, excepting a few issues, is way superior to its competitors; it has the backing of the Saudi Investment Fund (the very definition of deep pockets). On the flip side, if the Gravity doesn't take off, and if the Saudis believe they're putting good money after bad, then you've got a very serious problem. My hunch (and that's all it is) is that someone will want to buy the technology

The current Lucid product is in a segment that is just not that popular anymore - large sedans. Once the mainstay of automobiles now just a small segment. Smart way to launch but Gravity is coming too slow. I’m confident Gravity will be a success but look it takes a minimum of 500,000 vehicles per year to be a viable global automotive company. Air is 10,000 and Gravity 100,000. It takes a mid sized mid market vehicle to achieve a sustainable business model. Where have you heard this before? Tesla. Review Tesla’s history over the past 12 years. Deja vu.

Lucid’s automotive tech (not software tech) is so very good I see it being acquired by somebody like Aston Martin. Eventually. That’s not a bad thing. Lucid is an emerging brand with strong appeal.

The low point on valuation is probably $2.50. If Saudi sales kick in and Gravity takes hold it could go to $5.00 easily.

Honestly Cosmo, he was not asking for wealth management or portfolio advice, he was asking about Lucid shares.

The company will need to raise capital next year so stockholders will be diluted. If gravity is successful, the stock my rise and offset some/all of the dilution. If losing a significant part of your $2500 is an issue for you then do not invest in risky stocks like Lucid

Put the money in Index 500, invest monthly, even a tiny amount.
Index overpriced, buying index at this point won’t get you great returns but might be safer. The more risk you take, the more money you make, and of course the more you might lose.

Depends on how much risk you want to take.

Regarding Lucid, I’m very bullish. Give it 5 years….the EV push is coming, it just got delayed a bit. Detroit, Japanese and the Germans don’t know how to build a proper EV. Hence creating this negativity. The more they slow down, the better for Lucid in the long run. These ICE manufacturers are clueless and very short sighted.

EV are the future and Lucid is very well positioned, especially since they are the only EV company that makes a viable partnership option.

The company will need to raise capital next year so stockholders will be diluted. If gravity is successful, the stock may rise and offset some/all of the dilution. If losing a significant part of your $2500 is an issue for you then do not invest in risky stocks like Lucid
Agree, put in what you are willing to lose, and check again in 5 years! Short term it will be volatile. You can never time the market.

Put the money in Index 500, invest monthly, even a tiny amount.
That is great advice, and fortunately I have a pretty diversified portfolio. I love boring blue chips.

I have some extra cash right now, and want to invest in something fun. High risk, high reward.

I think if the brand gets established, it can grow. Who knows, in 10 years, the stock could be $100/share (or Lucid could be the next Edsel)

Im just curious if y’all (I’m from south: y’all is a word) think lucid will survive?

Appreciate y’all.

That is great advice, and fortunately I have a pretty diversified portfolio. I love boring blue chips.

I have some extra cash right now, and want to invest in something fun. High risk, high reward.

I think if the brand gets established, it can grow. Who knows, in 10 years, the stock could be $100/share (or Lucid could be the next Edsel)

Im just curious if y’all (I’m from south: y’all is a word) think lucid will survive?

Appreciate y’all.
I would say that, every owner who bought the car believes Lucid will survive wholeheartedly. Many owners who leased are unsure of the company's future. Since I am in the former group, BELIEVE!

I would say that, every owner who bought the car believes Lucid will survive wholeheartedly. Many owners who leased are unsure of the company's future. Since I am in the former group, BELIEVE!
I’m with you: I’m willing to invest $2,500 with the understanding that I might as well burn it, so this is my mentality.
1708742648837.gif

I'm also pretty confident most of us owners have taken a taste of the stock as well at various entry points if that means anything. 😉

Appreciate y’all.
Don’t listen to Musks tweets or his fanboys. Lucid is here to stay. Think they would expand to 4 million sq feet if they had doubts. They have the best EV tech. Go, buy some LCID if it’s play money. I bought some on the dip, adding to my position every dip and NEVER selling for at least a decade!

...Other than minor glitches, is the car reliable?
Yes. I drove a round trip from California to the East Coast last summer and never got stranded. There is only minor frustration with Electrify America; otherwise, the car is solid and a great joy to drive.
Do you see yourself buying another one or possibly getting the Gravity if you are in the need for an E-SUV?
Definitely. Lots of room. Lots of range. Great handling.

What does a Lucid bring to the table that its competitors don't?
Luxury
Longest range
Lots of room
Great handling

As a subtopic, Lucid is pretty Liquid (over 4.5 billion in cash), why don't they advertise a lot.
They do. I keep seeing the ads on YouTube, and while I read various sites on the internet.
Lack of brand recognition is killing them, IMO. Maybe its because manufacturing capabilities are limited, so they didn't want to create demand it can't meet? Just odd to me.
High demand is a great problem to have.

Lucid factories can crank out as many cars as the consumers want to buy now.

The problem is consumers are not lining up in the rain with a cash deposit to be put on a waiting list.

It's a demand problem, not a production one.

Yes. I drove a round trip from California to the East Coast last summer and never got stranded. There is only minor frustration with Electrify America; otherwise, the car is solid and a great joy to drive.

Definitely. Lots of room. Lots of range. Great handling.

Luxury
Longest range
Lots of room
Great handling

They do. I keep seeing the ads on YouTube, and while I read various sites on the internet.

High demand is a great problem to have.

Lucid factories can crank out as many cars as the consumers want to buy now.

The problem is consumers are not lining up in the rain with a cash deposit to be put on a waiting list.

It's a demand problem, not a production one.
Awesome answers. Thank you.

CFRA analyst Garrett Nelson has a price target of $1 on Lucid. He in a Lucid hater right now. His firm bought the dip in Tesla and is now going around saying Tesla is a buy. That’s why I take everything an analyst says with a pinch of salt. They have their own ulterior motives. Wouldn’t be surprised if CFRA shorted Lucid.

“ His firm has bought the dip, he said, with a target price of $275, up from $164 today.“

Index overpriced, buying index at this point won’t get you great returns but might be safer. The more risk you take, the more money you make, and of course the more you might lose.

Depends on how much risk you want to take.

Regarding Lucid, I’m very bullish. Give it 5 years….the EV push is coming, it just got delayed a bit. Detroit, Japanese and the Germans don’t know how to build a proper EV. Hence creating this negativity. The more they slow down, the better for Lucid in the long run. These ICE manufacturers are clueless and very short sighted.

EV are the future and Lucid is very well positioned, especially since they are the only EV company that makes a viable partnership option.
I agree.

Think about how foolish the EV strategy is of Ford and GM. They make 120% of their profit on ICE pickups and large SUVs. So why would they canabalize their greatest profit generators with EVs in the same market segment that will loose money for the next 8-10 years? The best use case for EV’s are commuter vehicles. The legacy carmakers lose money on those so they exited that segment. The most sensible EV in the market is in some sense the Chevy Bolt (if they didn’t catch on fire all the time). So Ford tries with a F150 wannabe but the Lightning will never match the range and towing capacity of the F150, so it’s a joke. GM tries with the Hummer. How great is a 200kWh Li-ion battery to help the planet? It looks great and it will appeal to doctors and lawyers who have $120k to burn, but that’s a small segment. So no wonder the legacy carmakers are retrenching because their current business plans are costing them dearly in terms of lost profit and massively negative ROI. The future are the new EV brands not saddled with these constraints. EV’s will not come close to 50-80% market share based on current battery technology. But with the right products EV’s should hit 30-40% which is enormous growth from the 9% presently. The Tesla story is pretty amazing, but the path to success in automotive is always product, product, product. Tesla’s are long in the tooth by industry standards. They are under investing in new product which is a horrific mistake. Nonetheless, there will be attractive new EV’s which capture 30-40% of the market be it Lucid, Rivian, Tesla, Polestar, Honda, Hyundai, BYD, or others. If this is a 4 quarter game, we are 10 minutes into the 1st quarter. It will be exciting.

I agree.

Think about how foolish the EV strategy is of Ford and GM. They make 120% of their profit on ICE pickups and large SUVs. So why would they canabalize their greatest profit generators with EVs in the same market segment that will loose money for the next 8-10 years? The best use case for EV’s are commuter vehicles. The legacy carmakers lose money on those so they exited that segment. The most sensible EV in the market is in some sense the Chevy Bolt (if they didn’t catch on fire all the time). So Ford tries with a F150 wannabe but the Lightning will never match the range and towing capacity of the F150, so it’s a joke. GM tries with the Hummer. How great is a 200kWh Li-ion battery to help the planet? It looks great and it will appeal to doctors and lawyers who have $120k to burn, but that’s a small segment. So no wonder the legacy carmakers are retrenching because their current business plans are costing them dearly in terms of lost profit and massively negative ROI. The future are the new EV brands not saddled with these constraints. EV’s will not come close to 50-80% market share based on current battery technology. But with the right products EV’s should hit 30-40% which is enormous growth from the 9% presently. The Tesla story is pretty amazing, but the path to success in automotive is always product, product, product. Tesla’s are long in the tooth by industry standards. They are under investing in new product which is a horrific mistake. Nonetheless, there will be attractive new EV’s which capture 30-40% of the market be it Lucid, Rivian, Tesla, Polestar, Honda, Hyundai, BYD, or others. If this is a 4 quarter game, we are 10 minutes into the 1st quarter. It will be exciting.
I think Honda are not in a good position. They partnered with GM and are having problems with their ultium batteries.

Honestly Cosmo, he was not asking for wealth management or portfolio advice, he was asking about Lucid shares.
@ Silent Lucidity said:
" Hopefully we can all hitch our wagon to it and get rich."
I take this to mean he's asking about wealth management / portfolio advice. The Index 500 is up ~ 27% in the last year, and pays dividends.
LCID @ $2.70 may double your investment in a year or two or three ... but it won't be paying dividends for a long time.

Hey, don't get me wrong: I bought in at ~$10/share and sold @ ~$50+/share in under a year. I bought LCID because I wanted to support the company by being a part-owner, not to make a quick buck. When it skyrocketed I took a huge profit and kept a few shares...which was dumb. My ~$10 is now $2.70. Should I buy more @ $2.70 ? I suppose I would were I still playing, but I gave over financial management to a wealth management company. They see LUID as a tax write-off.
1710759562450.png

The money to buy the Lucid was made in pipeline stock (ET = don't you love the irony ?). I bought the dips over decades and pocketed the HUGE dividends all along the ride. LCID does not pay dividends, and likely won't going forward for quite some time. No, I do not think it will go away. No, I do not think anyone makes a better EV...not even close.

"what your experiences are with long-term ownership of a Lucid?"
I am not a long-term owner. I took delivery in Sept. 2022 so I've only had it 18 months. In the first week I had a few bad experiences that "repaired itself" by doing resets, but Lucid was watching and reached out, sending Mobile Service to diagnose a faulty control module (supply-chain issues during Covid pandemic ?).
The module was replaced and since then I have had NO ISSUES, NO PROBLEMS. I love the 21" wheels/tires. I have both sets (19" A/S in winter months). The tires are flawless. I'm approaching 13k miles. I park and charge the car in my garage, which is under my bedroom. I am a retired lithium chemist and worked on lithium battery development and safety issues. I trust Lucid. You need to have outstanding quality inspection / control for Li battery manufacturing, and state-of-the-art safety monitoring in the EV. Lucid gets this.

"I've also heard stories of software glitches, some other quality control issues common to a start up."
I've read these "stories" too; here and in the media. I'm calling bullshit. I have no experience of that. If you carefully read the reviews, they all test early versions of the software, and do not even bother to say what version the test car has. Bullshit reviews. Ask any of the Dream Edition owners here how ROBUST their cars are with the current software. The media makes profit off peddling fear. They have to find something "wrong" to sell soap. They don't want to review the Lucid with current software ... boring.

"Do you see yourself buying another one or possibly getting the Gravity if you are in the need for an E-SUV?"

I put in a order for the Dream Edition but was way too late, so I settled for the GT. Now I have my eyes on one in the pre-owned market. I would have it now if I wasn't afraid of my wife. She drives a '17 Mazda 6, which I chose for her to replace her '05 Lexus ES350. The Mazda is noisy, but we both love the car. She has range anxiety...she's not ready to go "all in" on EVs. I don't let her drive the Lucid because I want to drive it. The few hours she's had driving the car has convinced me she'll take it from me... I don't know if I can swing dumping the Mazda and letting her have my GT so I can get a Dream Edition (I covet the forged wheels, and the status of having a DE number to put on my profile)...or ... in my dreams ...a Sapphire. I don't know why I need a Sapphire...but I'm an engineering technology geek ... the Sapphire is mind-blowing for car nerds. But practically, a second EV would best be a cheap car for local errands. I could use a wagon (estate). I would buy a Lucid Air estate (station wagon). Yeah. That's the ticket. SUVs are a crime against humanity.

"What does a Lucid bring to the table that its competitors don't?"

A ground-up design with a heart. Listen to Peter ... he's the real deal. Watch his video interviews.
1710766027675.jpeg

Back