Lucid Announces Public Offering of Common Stock and Corresponding Investment by an Affiliate of PIF

The strategic mistake was launching a sedan, following the Tesla model roadmap of large sedan, large suv at high price points to learn and earn but the Model S was ahead of the competition and unique at the time, so it sold in high volumes. Since that time, the US market ihas become very focused on SUVs. Lucid should have made the Gravity the first car followed by a smaller SUV as they learned to scale.
We've gone over this many times here on the forum. The decision to go sedan first was not Peter's. He was coerced into that as part of the terms for his becoming CEO of the company.

I'm still glad they did, because otherwise I wouldn't have become interested in Lucid when I did.

The strategic mistake was launching a sedan, following the Tesla model roadmap of large sedan, large suv at high price points to learn and earn but the Model S was ahead of the competition and unique at the time, so it sold in high volumes. Since that time, the US market ihas become very focused on SUVs. Lucid should have made the Gravity the first car followed by a smaller SUV as they learned to scale.
Disagree, imagine coming out with that software ( UX 1.0) and supply chain issues with your volume seller SUV?

You come out with the low volume seller, fix everything, then get the high volume seller out. Also with the sedan they can get 500 plus miles range. They wont get those bragging rights with a SUV. Lucid did the right thing. COVID unfortunately messed everything up.

Time and time again many continue to criticize the direction Lucid went with their release vehicles like the Lucid execs have no clue what they're doing. The roadmap is completely strategic.

The volume production car is expected in 2026. No point in dwelling on this topic that won't change anything.

Do you all foresee a reasonable recovery and prices above $4 once gravity is announced or it is going to be a roller coaster for the foreseeable future? With this hopefully taking off after mid size? What is your internal calculus like and how long are you holding on or averaging down? Is this something we should average down and forget until 2030s?
You will need to average down eventually after the bulk of the dilution gets done, which won't be over until the Mid-Size is on its way towards 50K units....need to see 2 things really, cash flow burn trough, and gross margins start to stabilize. Right now they are growing faster, but this loses more money, not to mention the whole leasing and residual thing on the books...

Lucid is not competing with Tesla. They are taking customers who care about luxury and comfort with more attention to details. will they succeed? who knows. if they could take all the model s and model x customers from Tesla, that'd be enough.

Tesla is just mass market fast fun looks-cool-in-picture exterior-speaker fart-noise customized-colored-car-icon always-custom-wrapped rainbow-road-able movable buttons over-promised kinda-self-driving at least in sponsored paid social influencer driven videos.

Lucid is not competing with Tesla. They are taking customers who care about luxury and comfort with more attention to details. will they succeed? who knows. if they could take all the model s and model x customers from Tesla, that'd be enough.

Tesla is just mass market fast fun looks-cool-in-picture exterior-speaker fart-noise customized-colored-car-icon always-custom-wrapped rainbow-road-able movable buttons over-promised kinda-self-driving at least in sponsored paid social influencer driven videos.

Agree however I am surprised that they are selling as many cyber trucks as they are. Leon Stans seems to happy to line up and shell out $100k plus for something so hideous looking (in my opinion).

how exactly is market cap interpreted when determining if a stock is over or undervalued? If the total outstanding share count is 2,956,041,558 after this new offering, that puts the current market cap at roughly 7.7 billion with Fridays closing price of $2.63. With the new cash injection, they will have roughly 5.7 billion in cash and equivalents. On a basic level, this would mean Lucid is still overvalued, correct?

Obviously other factors are taken into consideration like market sentiment, future projects, etc. but putting all other factors aside, is this a simple way to determine what the true value should be based off fundamentals?

how exactly is market cap interpreted when determining if a stock is over or undervalued? If the total outstanding share count is 2,956,041,558 after this new offering, that puts the current market cap at roughly 7.7 billion with Fridays closing price of $2.63. With the new cash injection, they will have roughly 5.7 billion in cash and equivalents. On a basic level, this would mean Lucid is still overvalued, correct?

Obviously other factors are taken into consideration like market sentiment, future projects, etc. but putting all other factors aside, is this a simple way to determine what the true value should be based off fundamentals?
No that method is too simplistic since it does not account other assets, sales or future earnings.

Disagree, imagine coming out with that software ( UX 1.0) and supply chain issues with your volume seller SUV?

You come out with the low volume seller, fix everything, then get the high volume seller out. Also with the sedan they can get 500 plus miles range. They wont get those bragging rights with a SUV. Lucid did the right thing. COVID unfortunately messed everything up.

Absolute agree. Better to make mistakes on a low volume vehicle than a high volume one. And we know Lucid has had many many learning moments.

Also another reason for ownership to insist on a luxury sedan could be influenced my perception in Saudi Arabia. It seems they prefer sedans over SUVs. Also the princes need bragging rights at their get togethers.

One thing, Lucid needs to fix on their lower cost vehicle is repair costs. The insurance premiums on the Lucid Air are a big turn off. Especially in California.

You forget....any company that is fully backed by Saudi, a very rich country with almost a trillion dollars to play with, gets a huge premium. Its not like Rivian or Polestar that has to go back to creditors and banks for more money. There is zero chance of bankruptcy...Tesla has a higher chance of bankruptcy...

Agree however I am surprised that they are selling as many cyber trucks as they are. Leon Stans seems to happy to line up and shell out $100k plus for something so hideous looking (in my opinion).
They just disounted by 20k, imagine being one of those CT buyers who bought prior.....glad I'm never buying one....rather eat worms than be seen in one of those dumpsters...your opnion is the majority

They just disounted by 20k, imagine being one of those CT buyers who bought prior.....glad I'm never buying one....rather eat worms than be seen in one of those dumpsters...your opnion is the majority
Lucid has dropped pricing significantly since 2022. Let’s just be realistic here. Almost every brand has lowered EV prices to try and create some demand on HiGH end models. Just the way the market is.

Lucid has dropped pricing significantly since 2022. Let’s just be realistic here. Almost every brand has lowered EV prices to try and create some demand on HiGH end models. Just the way the market is.
I think the difference is that CT released less than 1 year ago and Air has been out since late 2021. And all the hoopla of 1 million reservations. EV discounting was happening before Nov 2023.

Not really surprising though given that Cybertruck was marketed as "sub 50k".

I think the difference is that CT released less than 1 year ago and Air has been out since late 2021. And all the hoopla of 1 million reservations. EV discounting was happening before Nov 2023.

Not really surprising though given that Cybertruck was marketed as "sub 50k".
Correct…. Was said all along cybertruck prices would drop as production picked up.
It’s even a better time to be a buyer in the market for Highline EV’s. There are some amazing deals out there. Lucid GT’s 55-60K
Porsche Taycan turbo 75k Tesla Plaids 55-58K.Performance bargains. A win/win scenario

It was not a price cut or a discount on the CT.
T just released the lower priced non foundation model without the FSD or other bells and whistles and opened the reservations to everyone.
I do agree with the 2nd half - that thing on wheels being a complete dumpster :)

Lucid hasn't really dropped pricing that much. If I go online and configure the exact same GT specs I got, it's only $7k cheaper than when I bought it in '22. I wouldn't necessarily consider that a significant price drop honestly.

Lucid hasn't really dropped pricing that much. If I go online and configure the exact same GT specs I got, it's only $7k cheaper than when I bought it in '22. I wouldn't necessarily consider that a significant price drop honestly.
Now factor in the $7500 tax credit some of us got when we bought the car, and has the price really changed at all?

For me, sure; I have a DE. But for most? Not as much as it would appear at first glance.

the GT 155K new in 2022
Isn’t current price 110 =
a significant reduction
IMG_1103.webp

Wasn’t the GT 155K new in 2022
Isn’t current price 110
Am I missing something on reduction?

Last edited:
Isn’t current price 110
Am I missing something on reduction
View attachment 24012
Isn’t current price 110
Depends on when people reserved/ordered. There was a price increase earlier on as well, so at one time it was higher, but it was also $136 when I ordered in ‘22 with many upgrades being standard at that time. Thats why I compared apples to apples on the online configurator. $110 is base. When you add the upgrades that I got as “included” the price difference is fairly minimal.

the GT 155K new in 2022
Isn’t current price 110 =
a significant reduction
View attachment 24012
Isn’t current price 110
I bought a new AGT in April 2022. the price was $139,500(which came with every option). Price was reduced with my $7,500 tax credit which was allowed for that time period. So total price was $132,000 for a brand new AGT with every option. The 155K you quote came later.

Back