Lucid (LCID) removed from the Nasdaq 100 stock index

I would love to see a mini short squeeze to $7-$8. Lots of short positions that at $5 or below would be a massive hit, and those who took the risk at $3 or below, would get 100% gain to reduce some position for the long hold 😜

I think the last few messages should be put in the members only section, as things could go horribly wrong if the press quotes us again.

I've been speculating recently on this forum that Lucid has received a guarantee from the Saudi PIF for continued funding. In my view, the four-fold expansion of manufacturing capacity in Case Grande and Rawlinson's recent stepping out of the closet to declare publicly that Lucid is going to compete directly with Tesla Models 3 and Y could only be explained in light of such a guarantee.

The Saudis have a goal to be making 500,000 EVs a year by 2030. This would not be possible unless the engineering and design efforts were already well along . . . and this is where Lucid comes into view with the Saudi decision in 2018 to get it off the ground by financing their first factory.
If the Saudis can finance a 110-mile-long city in the desert, surely they can write much smaller checks to keep their (and my) EV dreams afloat. I like to tell friends that they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars so I could have my car :p

Just to throw this out there, but assuming LCID will behave similarly to TSLA...
TSLA didn't turn a profit for its vehicles until 2021 and even model 3 was released far before that date.
So it would take at least 5-10 years for Lucid to be in a similar position, creating vehicles that are turning profit, and then a cheaper model that more people can afford in mass production.

So both of these things have to be true, looking at the 10Q gives a rough idea behind it. But this is definitely a long term hold.

Back