Lucid (LCID) removed from the Nasdaq 100 stock index

Silly folks... One good rally day doesn't make the stock. We need to see a trend before calling it a win 😉

Silly folks... One good rally day doesn't make the stock. We need to see a trend before calling it a win 😉
Completely agree with you. Whole market is up big time this week. Who knows, by Jan could tank again. I still see lot of not so go signs in this economy. Most recent is that small business are really having problems and going out of business, companies cutting and pulling back, etc.

Hope it keeps going up, but every time the Dow hits around this mark it goes down again. Needs to get past this. I am not a short seller and so only care about market going up long term. 🙂

Low interest rates drive economy because money is cheap to borrow to grow. On the other hand it creates inflation and prices going up. Needs to be balanced slow and steady.

This is a bummer for LCID …

1702578252308.png

I am a retired Senior Managing Director of a major hedge fund.

The stock market is a total crap shoot with the tools most people bring to the game . . . and sometimes even for those with the best tools in the business.

Just sayin'.

The stock market is a total crap shoot with the tools most people bring to the game . . . and sometimes even for those with the best tools in the business.

Just sayin'.
Completely agree. And that happens to be the same job I'm aiming for!

Besides, the rise of Robinhood bought many amateurs following "get rich quick" tiktok guides to investing, so I'm not shocked.

Just sayin'.
No one can predict what can happen, if anyone can, including Wall Street, they would all be billionaires....Lucid may keep on going or may correct....who knows.....but one thing is for sure " I'm NEVER selling until 2037 "......

Of course shorts getting desperate, their customary hit article on Lucid by Investorplace, a place where amateurs get paid per view! Imagine basing your investment thesis on articles posted on motley fool or investorplace. These authors look like they just graduated high school.

I've been speculating recently on this forum that Lucid has received a guarantee from the Saudi PIF for continued funding. In my view, the four-fold expansion of manufacturing capacity in Case Grande and Rawlinson's recent stepping out of the closet to declare publicly that Lucid is going to compete directly with Tesla Models 3 and Y could only be explained in light of such a guarantee.

The Saudis have a goal to be making 500,000 EVs a year by 2030. This would not be possible unless the engineering and design efforts were already well along . . . and this is where Lucid comes into view with the Saudi decision in 2018 to get it off the ground by financing their first factory.

I've been speculating recently on this forum that Lucid has received a guarantee from the Saudi PIF for continued funding. In my view, the four-fold expansion of manufacturing capacity in Case Grande and Rawlinson's recent stepping out of the closet to declare publicly that Lucid is going to compete directly with Tesla Models 3 and Y could only be explained in light of such a guarantee.

The Saudis have a goal to be making 500,000 EVs a year by 2030. This would not be possible unless the engineering and design efforts were already well along . . . and this is where Lucid comes into view with the Saudi decision in 2018 to get it off the ground by financing their first factory.

Yep, and couple that with this deal and the pieces are falling into place.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I think there may have been some recent reassurance that the Saudis are onboard for the long run.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I think there may have been some recent reassurance that the Saudis are onboard for the long run.
This will be an interesting long game to watch.

Back