Just waiting in Charlotte

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
I put down my deposit immediately after seeing the commercial during the Superbowl. I just confirmed my order on 11/21 and they told me 2-4 months. I see now that they are having some delivery issues. I wonder what to realistically expect for timing. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the M5 and my classic Mustangs.

When I confirmed my GT back in December I was told closer to two months than four. With the pace things are moving I will be happy to see it by May.

I confirmed my GT on 12/31/2021. Got a call from the delivery advisor yesterday, was told the delivery time is around 1-3 months ( sale advisor told me 2-4 month).

I want your delivery advisor! I confirmed 11/30 and I’m pretty sure I’m at least 2 to 4 months away still.
It's interesting on the DA front. I confirmed on 12/15, and I haven't heard a thing from a DA yet. My guess is that that's because there's really no reason for him or her to call except to say some variation of delivery in xx to yy months. Although it would be nice to have someone other than the SA to get the canned responses from. At least having Delivery in the title gives a sense of hope.

It's interesting on the DA front. I confirmed on 12/15, and I haven't heard a thing from a DA yet. My guess is that that's because there's really no reason for him or her to call except to say some variation of delivery in xx to yy months. Although it would be nice to have someone other than the SA to get the canned responses from. At least having Delivery in the title gives a sense of hope.
I did find the DA helpful and more knowledgeable than the sales advisors. Your sales advisor should be able to hook you up. The DA’s are swamped it seems with DE deliveries/conversations and rightly so.

I would definitely call just to touch base, ensure you haven't fallen through the cracks.

I confirmed on 12/17, sales advisor said 2-4 months.
Spoke with my delivery advisor for the first time yesterday, 1/7. Delivery advisor ALSO said 2-4 months. From yesterday. So real answer is there is no real answer. Just waiting.

I confirmed my GT on 12/31/2021. Got a call from the delivery advisor yesterday, was told the delivery time is around 1-3 months ( sale advisor told me 2-4 month).
I confirmed on Nov 16th haven't heard a peep from my advisor. I got the party line when I confirmed 2-4 months

Not really sure what I am hoping on timing given all the software issues I am hearing/reading about. Sounds like they are really having some issues and may have rushed the rollout.

The lack of transparency and communication is worrisome and unprofessional in my opinion.

Not really sure what I am hoping on timing given all the software issues I am hearing/reading about. Sounds like they are really having some issues and may have rushed the rollout.

The lack of transparency and communication is worrisome and unprofessional in my opinion.
Well, not that this makes it okay, but IF you have a car already, it seems like their service is great. There are some software issues which are universal, but I think the majority of them are on a case by case basis.

Not sure which I would hope for, universal software issues that might be fixed with an update or case by case issues that each must be chased down to their own root causes. I am hoping for minimal frustration when I finally get my GT. I was told 2-4 months at the end of November and I really hope it will be more like “as soon as we get the software bugs fixed and promised attributes incorporated”. I almost hope they have suspended deliveries until they get these things worked out, just like they said they were doing last May when they originally delayed launch.

I don't think it's worth suspending deliveries. Speaking with the service manager about issues, it did not sound like it was widespread. The biggest thing really is probably getting the DreamDrive released prior to any AGT deliveries.

I put down my deposit immediately after seeing the commercial during the Superbowl. I just confirmed my order on 11/21 and they told me 2-4 months. I see now that they are having some delivery issues. I wonder what to realistically expect for timing. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the M5 and my classic Mustangs.
Which classic Mustangs do you own? I love that Lucid buyers (myself included) are clearly car lovers.

I don't think it's worth suspending deliveries. Speaking with the service manager about issues, it did not sound like it was widespread. The biggest thing really is probably getting the DreamDrive released prior to any AGT deliveries.
It would almost seem that the Dream owners are the beta testers as far as the software goes. That’s unfortunate for a brand new car from a brand new company. It’s a lot easier however to fix the software than have hardware problems. I’m reminded of the Tucker that had suspension and transmission problems but was ultimately doomed by underfunding. And if you had a Tesla model S how many door handle mechanisms ( among other things) did you have to replace? If all goes well I’m sure by the GT rollout that many of these issues will be put to bed. I should be right behind you as I confirmed my GT December 2

Oooh, a little cat and mouse! :)

1968 Mustang California Special - Acapulco Blue, white top, parchment interior - 289 (soon to be EFI and new cam/heads, around 320hp)
1973 Mustang Convertible - Ford Redfire Metallic, new black interior - New 347 (EFI, 428hp, 418TQ), new Bowler transmission, new AC, new coilover front suspension, new Dakota Digital Gauges, new wheels, new disc brakes/braking system, new wiring

Mustangs front.jpg
Mustangs 68 side.jpg
73 Mustang Engine Pic.jpg

I am also looking at some classic Studebakers, but we'll see.
My first car was a pea green '71 Mustang Grande my grandfather gave me. That is why I bought and restored the '73. Before I get called out on the '73 not being a '73, I did have them replace the obnoxious "73 front bumper with a chrome '71 bumper and I also put '71 block letters across the trunk. I just like the chrome bumper and block letters better, so that is what I did.

Back