Plug & Charge

Not that I know of. If EA P&C fails, the car's dash should notify you to authenticate via the Lucid app. I don't know how (or why you would want to) get that notification prompt in the app without a handshake failure between the car and the EA station.
Since the chargers I tend to go to are now hit & miss with the handshake, I find it much quicker to authenticate with the Lucid app. If I wait for a handshake failure, it often asks you to remove the charger and try again. Just to get to the handshake failure notification can take time. By choosing the charger within the Lucid app, it’s immediate and thus far has been flawless.

It doesn't and yes it charges you.
Oh, so that kind of defeats the purpose.
Since the chargers I tend to go to are now hit & miss with the handshake, I find it much quicker to authenticate with the Lucid app. If I wait for a handshake failure, it often asks you to remove the charger and try again. Just to get to the handshake failure notification can take time.

Yea this is what I was hoping to avoid. The BMW, Porsche apps basically replicate the EA app functionality, which lets you activate a charger remotely before getting out of the car (using your free charging plan) <- critical piece that activating from EA app doesn't allow

Yea this is what I was hoping to avoid. The BMW, Porsche apps basically replicate the EA app functionality, which lets you activate a charger remotely before getting out of the car (using your free charging plan) <- critical piece that activating from EA app doesn't allow
I really can’t see a big difference. Get to the charger, plug in, get back in the car and select the charger you plugged into from the Lucid app. Can’t be much easier or quicker (takes seconds) unless you get lucky and can successfully do plug & charge.

What you describe is simply in reverse. Authenticate via the app first. I’m not sure I see the difference. Both methods are free.

I mean, eventually there's no more free charging so...does it matter?

Since the chargers I tend to go to are now hit & miss with the handshake, I find it much quicker to authenticate with the Lucid app. If I wait for a handshake failure, it often asks you to remove the charger and try again. Just to get to the handshake failure notification can take time. By choosing the charger within the Lucid app, it’s immediate and thus far has been flawless.
That is If the EA button pops up and it displays the right location. The problem lies in the fact that Lucid and EA authenticate using different methods. That mis match causes issues.

Back