Plug & Charge

geosynch

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I have a new Plug & Charge issue and wondering if it related to EVgo's Autocharge or is it just random.

I've used P&C loads on my car as I drive from SF to LA about once a month and use it on those drives. I also use it occasionally on EA DCFC around my home when the opportunity presents itself. Occasionally P&C will fail, but when that happens I'll get a notification on my Lucid app. When that happens, following the prompts has always worked.

That's not happening now.

Elsewhere in this forum I wondered aloud if P&C sudden failure was related to my recent 2.1.47 update, but others assure me that they've been able to use P&C since updating. So it has me wondering what else it might be.

Since the last time I successfully used P&C I tried to enroll my car to EVgo's autocharge+. Newsflash, autocharge+ doesn't work and I suspect it might because the P&C certificate is "getting in the way" somehow. To be clear, there is no similar autocharge+ certificate installed on the car like P&C. It's all done with the EVgo app, and reading the car's VIN (I think it is the VIN it is reading). Regardless, after staying on the phone with EVgo for about 30 minutes I decided it wasn't worth the hassle, so, when I use EVgo (not very often) I'll just use the app like everyone else.

BUT!
As of today, Plug & Charge has stopped working on my car. Not only has it stopped working, but the planned "fail over" scenario of starting the session via Lucid's app no longer works, either. Not sure if it has anything to do with trying to enroll my car on autocharge+ (I can't see how it would, but hey, who knows) of if this is a red herring, and the P&C problems are completely unrelated.

I'm wondering if anyone:

1- has successfully enrolled their car on the EVgo autocharge+ feature> and/or
2- Has experienced P&C failing after months and months of being flawless.

(More background) When I plug in to an EA station, I would expect about 30 seconds and then the station and car both confirm a charging session has started. Now after about 60 seconds the car, the station and my Lucid app all say that the session has failed and requests that I try again. I would expect the app to give me a prompt for a failed P&C session, as it has in the past, but no joy there. I've successfully used the station where I had the problem. I tried two different stations (at the same location), 3 different plugs over 5 or 6 attempts. Ultimately, EA started the session for me.

I have an open ticket with Lucid.

Thanks!

My experience is that auto charge+ has never worked in the handful of sessions I used EVGo.

I have a new Plug & Charge issue and wondering if it related to EVgo's Autocharge or is it just random.

I've used P&C loads on my car as I drive from SF to LA about once a month and use it on those drives. I also use it occasionally on EA DCFC around my home when the opportunity presents itself. Occasionally P&C will fail, but when that happens I'll get a notification on my Lucid app. When that happens, following the prompts has always worked.

That's not happening now.

Elsewhere in this forum I wondered aloud if P&C sudden failure was related to my recent 2.1.47 update, but others assure me that they've been able to use P&C since updating. So it has me wondering what else it might be.

Since the last time I successfully used P&C I tried to enroll my car to EVgo's autocharge+. Newsflash, autocharge+ doesn't work and I suspect it might because the P&C certificate is "getting in the way" somehow. To be clear, there is no similar autocharge+ certificate installed on the car like P&C. It's all done with the EVgo app, and reading the car's VIN (I think it is the VIN it is reading). Regardless, after staying on the phone with EVgo for about 30 minutes I decided it wasn't worth the hassle, so, when I use EVgo (not very often) I'll just use the app like everyone else.

BUT!
As of today, Plug & Charge has stopped working on my car. Not only has it stopped working, but the planned "fail over" scenario of starting the session via Lucid's app no longer works, either. Not sure if it has anything to do with trying to enroll my car on autocharge+ (I can't see how it would, but hey, who knows) of if this is a red herring, and the P&C problems are completely unrelated.

I'm wondering if anyone:

1- has successfully enrolled their car on the EVgo autocharge+ feature> and/or

(More background) When I plug in to an EA station, I would expect about 30 seconds and then the station and car both confirm a charging session has started. Now after about 60 seconds the car, the station and my Lucid app all say that the session has failed and requests that I try again. I would expect the app to give me a prompt for a failed P&C session, as it has in the past, but no joy there. I've successfully used the station where I had the problem. I tried two different stations (at the same location), 3 different plugs over 5 or 6 attempts. Ultimately, EA started the session for me.

I have an open ticket with Lucid.

Thanks!
If available, have you tried other EA stations?

EVGo Autocharge is not the same as ISO15118 (Plug and Charge) used by EA. Autocharge just passes the VIN. It does not have the Plug and Charge handshake or security. As far as I know Autocharge does not work with the Lucid Air. Hopefully EVGo will eventually support true Plug and Charge.

I will today for sure.
I just plugged into a different station 15 minutes ago and PnC worked right away. So it's definitely should not be 47, but as we've discovered every car likes to be different.

I had an issue where the P&C certificate was turned off after an update. Was on a trip. Had charged fine when I arrived and did a software update overnight. The next day while driving home, it would not charge at EA. After about 30-45’ on the phone with Lucid and EA, Lucid said that the P&C certificate was “off” in the software. They turned it on, rebooted the car and everything worked.

I had an issue where the P&C certificate was turned off after an update. Was on a trip. Had charged fine when I arrived and did a software update overnight. The next day while driving home, it would not charge at EA. After about 30-45’ on the phone with Lucid and EA, Lucid said that the P&C certificate was “off” in the software. They turned it on, rebooted the car and everything worked.
Ok, that's sounded more like my problem.

Thanks. I'll keep ya'll posted. In meetings at the moment.

Update.

Lucid reinstalled My Plug and Charge certificate, and that and now allows me to to charge, although I have to authenticate via the app as opposed to just plugging in and walking away.

So that's a step in the right direction, although no one could tell me why all of a sudden I'm no longer able to use it as intended. But at least I can charge now.

The current speculation is that the latest software update 2.1.47 did "something."

Update.

Lucid reinstalled My Plug and Charge certificate, and that and now allows me to to charge, although I have to authenticate via the app as opposed to just plugging in and walking away.

So that's a step in the right direction, although no one could tell me why all of a sudden I'm no longer able to use it as intended. But at least I can charge now.

The current speculation is that the latest software update 2.1.47 did "something."
That app authentication is required on some EA sites. Others will plug and charge as intended. The one you are using must require the app authentication in the EA software.

That app authentication is required on some EA sites. Others will plug and charge as intended. The one you are using must require the app authentication in the EA software.

Interesting, but I have used P&C at that location before without the app.... not saying that your point is invalid, but I think something is still a miss. Will find out soon enough as I plan on taking the car to see grandkids a few hundred miles away soon.

Interesting, but I have used P&C at that location before without the app.... not saying that your point is invalid, but I think something is still a miss. Will find out soon enough as I plan on taking the car to see grandkids a few hundred miles away soon.
Yeah, I’ve only been asked to authenticate in app once. But it was on a charger that hadn’t asked me a few days prior. Could be a software thing on EA’s end?

Is there a way to get the EA authentication prompt in app manually? I tried plugging in and didn't get the P&C or the prompt. Is there any way to pull that up if it doesn't automatically pop up in the app?

Not that I know of. If EA P&C fails, the car's dash should notify you to authenticate via the Lucid app. I don't know how (or why you would want to) get that notification prompt in the app without a handshake failure between the car and the EA station.

Not that I know of. If EA P&C fails, the car's dash should notify you to authenticate via the Lucid app. I don't know how (or why you would want to) get that notification prompt in the app without a handshake failure between the car and the EA station.
In both the BMW and Porsche app, you can essentially pick your charger from the map view and activate the charging stall before you even get out of the car, so you can make sure it's authenticated without standing out in the cold like a doofus trying to make sure it's authenticated. In the Lucid case, you have to plug in and wait for P&C connection....if that fails then SUPPOSEDLY you get the message to authenticate in the app, i think i saw it once, the second time it didn't show, so i unplugged, replugged and then the P&C started, but took almost 5 minutes of futzing around.

In both the BMW and Porsche app, you can essentially pick your charger from the map view and activate the charging stall before you even get out of the car, so you can make sure it's authenticated without standing out in the cold like a doofus trying to make sure it's authenticated. In the Lucid case, you have to plug in and wait for P&C connection....if that fails then SUPPOSEDLY you get the message to authenticate in the app, i think i saw it once, the second time it didn't show, so i unplugged, replugged and then the P&C started, but took almost 5 minutes of futzing around.
You can also choose the station and start a charge like normal. I've done it before to test something.

You can also choose the station and start a charge like normal. I've done it before to test something.
Thanks! this kind of sounds like what i'm trying to get at, but how do you do that, you can choose a station/see the available/in use stalls, but how do you start the charge? Doesn't look like you can click on the stalls that are available? Looks like it’s just for description only. See screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_5961.png
    IMG_5961.png
    497.2 KB · Views: 37
Thanks! this kind of sounds like what i'm trying to get at, but how do you do that, you can choose a station/see the available/in use stalls, but how do you start the charge? Doesn't look like you can click on the stalls that are available? Looks like it’s just for description only. See screenshot
Use the EA app to pre-start a charge. It has to be a different separate account.

Use the EA app to pre-start a charge. It has to be a different separate account.
ok but if you do that, how would they link it to your lucid account? Wouldn't it start charging you based on the EA public pricing if you pre-started it from the EA app?

ok but if you do that, how would they link it to your lucid account? Wouldn't it start charging you based on the EA public pricing if you pre-started it from the EA app?
It doesn't and yes it charges you.

Back