EVGo Autocharge+

HC_79

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
@Firstto520 @mcr16

Would be great if Lucid could work with EVGo to allow this so we can take advantage of PnC with EVGo. It would be awesome if the Lucid App could store a credit card on file and then you work with external partners to add PnC and all billed through the Lucid App so the App becomes a one stop shop but until then it would be good if this was at least supported in EVGo's App

Also, it's a disgrace to see that thing Toyota calls an EV (bz4x) compatible with this yet the Lucid isn't :p. Hopefully the wheels don't fall off it while charging and takes up a valuable charging space. 😂

FWIW - I did try to enroll as the Lucid shows up in the list and got an error after entering the VIN and trying to enroll. I deleted the car and tried to start again and now I don't get the option to enroll at all.

I was able to add mine in

FWIW - I did try to enroll as the Lucid shows up in the list and got an error after entering the VIN and trying to enroll. I deleted the car and tried to start again and now I don't get the option to enroll at all.

Plug-n-Charge ISO 15118 standard is newly implemented. Older Tesla before 2020 needs a hardware retrofit. Tesla's upgrade price in the US is not listed due to part shortage, but in Europe, it was about €500 and dropped down to €299. That might be the same case for Lucid, too: Hardware expenses, not just simple software programming.

@Firstto520 @mcr16

Would be great if Lucid could work with EVGo to allow this so we can take advantage of PnC with EVGo. It would be awesome if the Lucid App could store a credit card on file and then you work with external partners to add PnC and all billed through the Lucid App so the App becomes a one stop shop but until then it would be good if this was at least supported in EVGo's App

Also, it's a disgrace to see that thing Toyota calls an EV (bz4x) compatible with this yet the Lucid isn't :p. Hopefully the wheels don't fall off it while charging and takes up a valuable charging space. 😂
Keep in mind that EVGo Auto charge plus is not plug and charge and does not follow ISO 15118 standard. It merely passes through your VIN for identification and billing. It is not secure but EVGo has promised to take care of you for fraudulent charging. I agree that Lucid should be able to pass the VIN to EVGo, we should also be asking EVGo when they will enable the true plug and charge standard.

Keep in mind that EVGo Auto charge plus is not plug and charge and does not follow ISO 15118 standard. It merely passes through your VIN for identification and billing. It is not secure but EVGo has promised to take care of you for fraudulent charging. I agree that Lucid should be able to pass the VIN to EVGo, we should also be asking EVGo when they will enable the true plug and charge standard.
Interesting to know. So yet another one breaking away from standards. lol

I had no trouble adding it by VIN. Thanks for the tip!

One note: the password limit is 24 characters, and the app will not tell you that lol - it’ll just fail. So make sure your password is less than 24 chars.

I was able to add mine in
Mine is added now with the VIN etc. but it looks like something has to be done at the charger to finish the enrollment and even with my vehicle added to the App I still have to activate the charger manually so I suspect whatever protocol EVGo is using the Lucid won't allow it to read its VIN. You haven't got it working at a charger right?

Mine is added now with the VIN etc. but it looks like something has to be done at the charger to finish the enrollment and even with my vehicle added to the App I still have to activate the charger manually so I suspect whatever protocol EVGo is using the Lucid won't allow it to read its VIN. You haven't got it working at a charger right?
Yea only through the app. Shucks, was looking for an excuse but now I don't need to go!

I was able to enroll in Autocharge by putting my VIN into the app. Have not tried EV Go but will use it when traveling if necessary.

I had no trouble adding it by VIN. Thanks for the tip!

One note: the password limit is 24 characters, and the app will not tell you that lol - it’ll just fail. So make sure your password is less than 24 chars.
They told me that Lucid Air Pure is not supported by DE and GT are supported. Perhaps they need more Touring and Pure out there to support.

Back