Just waiting in Charlotte

Gorgeous!

Not sure which I would hope for, universal software issues that might be fixed with an update or case by case issues that each must be chased down to their own root causes. I am hoping for minimal frustration when I finally get my GT. I was told 2-4 months at the end of November and I really hope it will be more like “as soon as we get the software bugs fixed and promised attributes incorporated”. I almost hope they have suspended deliveries until they get these things worked out, just like they said they were doing last May when they originally delayed launch.

If you want minimal frustration then you should never get a new model car. Purchasing within the first year of release you're an early adopter and should expect to take the good with the bad. I'm going in knowing there will be issues with the car so i'm on these forums watching about how quickly Lucid is fixing them.

I don't think it's worth suspending deliveries. Speaking with the service manager about issues, it did not sound like it was widespread. The biggest thing really is probably getting the DreamDrive released prior to any AGT deliveries.

I agree. You want perfection then nothing would ever get released. I also think the few owners on here posting the issues amplifies the situation to make it worse than it seems. Not that I discourage owners posting issues at all but people reading these issues need to realize that 10 owners out of let's say 200 doesn't show us if the issues are widespread or not or the car is bad. They're teething issues and should be expected with a new model.

Reactions: Rod
Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed. The rationale for suspending deliveries last May (or whenever it was) was to "get the car right/perfect" according to Lucid/Rawlinson at that time. I wonder how bad it would have been had they tried to keep to their timeline... That factors into the frustration coefficient. I would not normally have such high expectations for a first year design, but after delaying release almost six months to "make the car right", they managed to reset expectations a bit higher than they normally would have been. The lack of communication bothers me more than the fact they have a few bugs to fix.

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed. The rationale for suspending deliveries last May (or whenever it was) was to "get the car right/perfect" according to Lucid/Rawlinson at that time. I wonder how bad it would have been had they tried to keep to their timeline... That factors into the frustration coefficient. I would not normally have such high expectations for a first year design, but after delaying release almost six months to "make the car right", they managed to reset expectations a bit higher than they normally would have been. The lack of communication bothers me more than the fact they have a few bugs to fix.

I think the issue they faced last year was that they didn't have the money to launch the car. They announced the SPAC and then said "oh, by the way we're pushing the date to H2 to refine the quality".

I am also looking at some classic Studebakers, but we'll see.
My first car was a pea green '71 Mustang Grande my grandfather gave me. That is why I bought and restored the '73. Before I get called out on the '73 not being a '73, I did have them replace the obnoxious "73 front bumper with a chrome '71 bumper and I also put '71 block letters across the trunk. I just like the chrome bumper and block letters better, so that is what I did.
Which studebakers? 53 lowery coupe? 56 golden hawk ? 62 Avanti R1?

The Loewy Coupes are some of my favorites, Champion/Commander/President (1953-55). I also like the Golden Hawks that came just after them. I do not care for the Avanti, leave that to Alice Cooper.
When I was a small kid, my grandfather had quite the car collection, old Jags, '41 and '69 Lincolns, a few Packards, a couple Mustangs, a Torino, a Karman Ghia, an Opel GT and a few others I do not remember. I grew up around cars and I have an affinity for older cars.

Back