FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

Cool feature indeed, but how many of us Lucid owners will actually be using it? I would pay for everyday features like better implementation of HomeLink (keep the button on top instead of being blocked by the cameras) or a Lucid version of sentry mode. Tesla has a great supercharging network. To me it would be great if Tesla had this feature instead of Lucid as there are a lot of Teslas out there to help charge other EVs.
So post this on a Tesla forum! 🙄🙄

Trying to think of a scenario where I could actually use this. Maybe to help out a Tesla or other EV owner if they're in some dire need for a charge.

We have a Tesla in the household but I can't imagine ever needing to use this to charge that between home charging and the SC's around me.

It's rather inexpensive so could be a "good to have" item as part of an emergency kit I guess to help other folks out.

Guess you have never been in a blackout that lasts several days. I once drove my old Tesla Model S to 2 superchargers looking for a supercharger open until I ended up at zero miles and had to leave because none had power and I could not make it home. I think of this like an added insurance policy.

Any concerns if damage occurs to someone else’s car while using this? Who is a fault? Will the other party’s car warranty cover repairs?

Any concerns if damage occurs to someone else’s car while using this? Who is a fault? Will the other party’s car warranty cover repairs?
That is a very good point!!

Cool feature indeed, but how many of us Lucid owners will actually be using it? I would pay for everyday features like better implementation of HomeLink (keep the button on top instead of being blocked by the cameras) or a Lucid version of sentry mode. Tesla has a great supercharging network. To me it would be great if Tesla had this feature instead of Lucid as there are a lot of Teslas out there to help charge other EVs.

Tesla is not equipped with the capability; however, CyberTruck may have it. Different bandwidth and battery size. It was never Elon’s intention to have bindirectional charge to make increase their cost. Even the 3 minutes battery swap station was axed. Today Nio has has 2000+ battery swap station world wide. It goes from 10% to 90% in 4 minutes swapping.

Tesla is not equipped with the capability; however, CyberTruck may have it. Different bandwidth and battery size. It was never Elon’s intention to have bindirectional charge to make increase their cost. Even the 3 minutes battery swap station was axed. Today Nio has has 2000+ battery swap station world wide. It goes from 10% to 90% in 4 minutes swapping.
Cybertruck information leaks reveal dual 120V 20A outlets as well as NEMA 14-50.

If those are in the final production then just plug in your existing portable connector to charge your Lucid without buying additional V2V cable adapter.

This kind of V2L is more practical/universal (coffee maker, toaster, or charging another EV...)

cybertruck-bed-plugs-leak-teaser.jpg

Cybertruck information leaks reveal dual 120V 20A outlets as well as NEMA 14-50.

If those are in the final product then just plug in your existing portable connector to charge your Lucid without buying additional V2V cable connector.

This kind of V2L is more practical/universal.

cybertruck-bed-plugs-leak-teaser.jpg

F150 Lightning and R1T/R1S have electric outlets.

F150 Lightning and R1T/R1S have electric outlets.

But the F150 Lighting 240V outlet is the twisting locking L14-30 that Lucid doesn't sell that kind of plug for its portable charging connector:

F-150.jpg

But the F150 Lighting 240V outlet is the twisting locking L14-30 that Lucid doesn't sell that kind of plug for its portable charging connector:

F-150.jpg
Lucid has 14-30 for it's mobile I think?

This kind of V2L is more practical/universal (coffee maker, toaster, or charging another EV...)
I imagine they will be releasing a V2L adapter at some point as well, for 110/120v plugs.

I’m hopeful, though have no insight, that the Gravity may have some interior 110v plugs similar to the Ioniq 5 Limited. The lower trims come with an adapter that sticks into your charge port.

Attachments

• AB2F97C7-A85C-4C5B-8950-46A928E4ACAE.png
    AB2F97C7-A85C-4C5B-8950-46A928E4ACAE.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 42
Does the lucid air have a 120v outlet?

If you needit, can convert the 12V from trunk.

SUPERONE 150W Car Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V/120V AC Car to Outlet Adapter with PD 20W USB C & QC3.0 Fast Charge Car Power Adapter https://a.co/d/2zNUvZy

Does the lucid air have a 120v outlet?
No, but it does have a hefty 12V outlet, where you are free to attach a power converter. The 12V trunk outlet is serviced by a 20A fuse at MB10 in the under glovebox fuse box:

IMG_2390.jpeg

Attachments

• Lucid Fuse Information (optimized).pdf
    279.5 KB · Views: 95
No, but it does have a hefty 12V outlet, where you are free to attach a power converter. The 12V trunk outlet is serviced by a 20A fuse at MB10 in the under glovebox fuse box:

View attachment 16227
Thank you. I had not seen that electrical document. Great info.

It looks like the Lucid store is running late:

Dear Valued Customers,

If you are receiving this message, you have recently ordered a Lucid RangeXchange Adapter for your Lucid Air. We appreciate your business and are excited about getting this technology out to you. Unfortunately, there has been a slight push in our supply plan and we now expect shipments to begin in the early part of December.

Our team is actively working to resolve this, and we appreciate your understanding and patience.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team if there are any questions, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Lucid Motors
Ecommerce Operations

[email protected]

Back