FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

So old owners who believed the company and purchased the car assume provided future needs to spend $775 to get that working. This is not good :(

So old owners who believed the company and purchased the car assume provided future needs to spend $775 to get that working. This is not good :(
Basically they say cables supplied on 2022 and 24 models will not work with the adapter and people have to spend more to get this working, i am getting Tesla vibes now.

I guess I should consider myself lucky by being able to get one at a lower price when it was initially introduced. Even though I only used it once to prove that it actually works. At that price I don't think it is worth it. Looking at the fine print about 22-24 MY not being compatible, I am assuming Lucid is planning to include Gen2 chargers with 25 MY going forward. In my opinion they should reconsider and offer Gen2 charger with the price of the adapter for early adaptors. We already got hit by the depreciation enough.

Basically they say cables supplied on 2022 and 24 models will not work with the adapter and people have to spend more to get this working, i am getting Tesla vibes now.
Have you confirmed this??

if your charger has this symbol, it works with the rangeXchange adapter.

1720714811999.webp

I immediately ordered the RangeXchange when I saw it was back in stock. Then I saw my 23 Lucid charger was not compatible and would require the not included $650 revised charger. So I cancelled my order. If they don’t cancel it in time I’ll just return it when I receive it.

For $125 it was certainly reasonable, for $775 no thanks. I will seldom if ever use it.

I immediately ordered the RangeXchange when I saw it was back in stock. Then I saw my 23 Lucid charger was not compatible and would require the not included $650 revised charger. So I cancelled my order. If they don’t cancel it in time I’ll just return it when I receive it.

For $125 it was certainly reasonable, for $775 no thanks. I will seldom if ever use it.
Agreed. I bought is for $175 and it came with the 2nd gen cable. If I had to pay $800 for it, it would not be worth it as I never really use it. I used it twice to test. Haha

This is disappointing, I also immediately ordered it before realizing they're asking us to spend an extra $650 on another mobile charger we don't need. This is deceiving, they should simply list them together as one item since no one is getting the V2V-compatible charger with their vehicles yet.
They should at least offer an exchange option to turn in our non-V2V charger and get it upgraded to a V2V-compatible one (maybe for a tiny fee if it's used), or offer it in the referral rewards store for a discounted price to be paid for by points, but asking people to spend an extra $650 for a duplicate charger only to get the V2V feature enabled doesn't make any sense.
What a mess caused by poor planning and the cost is being deferred to early adopters.

when I ordered it when it first cane out, I also thought that I was getting just the adapter. However, Lucid asked for my vin number for the order and voila! The package included an extra 2nd gen cable and the adapter. Did you guys also have to provide a VIN? Have you received just the adapter? And are you sure your cable is not the 2nd gen cable?

when I ordered it when it first cane out, I also thought that I was getting just the adapter. However, Lucid asked for my vin number for the order and voila! The package included an extra 2nd gen cable and the adapter. Did you guys also have to provide a VIN? Have you received just the adapter? And are you sure your cable is not the 2nd gen cable?
No, this time they made an * statement that no one has got the new charger with the car and you have to buy them when available 😀. So basically even in Aug you get your adapter you cant still use it until they start selling the new mobile charger that may stay OOS for an year 😅

This is really a BS stuff, they are selling a version 2 for $650 already that is needed for rangeXchnage but same time mentioned that no 2022-24 gets this by default. So it i mandatory to spend $775 to get your product working for the promised V2V. I hate them doing this to customers 😡

I reached out, and was told by the Service Center that when the cable gets ready to ship, we will be asked for our VIN and be shipped a v2 cable if necessary.

I reached out, and was told by the Service Center that when the cable gets ready to ship, we will be asked for our VIN and be shipped a v2 cable if necessary.

Thant makes sense. I was doubting this idea of forcing people to buy another cable.

People keep talking about a V2 “cable”, when they mean V2 mobile connector.

It is a cable. Look. This is 2nd gen.

40A Mobile Charging Cable Kit
Checked with support and they are just saying apology and forwarding the customer disappointment as a feedback and no mention of they will be sending a new cable. We are screwed and have to pay $650 + shipping + Tax additional to get V2V working. This is the Bonus Lucid offering for early owners who are unlucky to order when it was on stock last time.

Checked with support and they are just saying apology and forwarding the customer disappointment as a feedback and no mention of they will be sending a new cable. We are screwed and have to pay $650 + shipping + Tax additional to get V2V working. This is the Bonus Lucid offering for early owners who are unlucky to order when it was on stock last time.
A simple BS response :( ,

“Unfortunately, these business changes were made recently. I completely understand the sentiment, however at the moment in order to be able to perform V2V, the rangeXchange adapter and the new updated Mobile Charging Cable need to be purchased in order to do so. As mentioned, I can absolutely forward your feedback to the appropriate teams regarding this.“

i don't want them to loose money but Lucid promised V2V on this vehicle and Mobile Charger is needed for this and they deliberately supplied non compatible cable and wants us to buy a new one for more money. This is supposed to be additional hardware to support V2V not to buy an additional cable and an additional adapter. This is not called as mentioned additional hardware required.

Back