FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

Will be interesting to test charging from my Lucid to the Tesla.
I can't wait to see the result.

It doesn't say only for Lucid to Lucid exclusively.

Thus, a good guess would be: any J-1772-compliant car should be able to get the charge from this Lucid RangeXchange configuration.

I can't wait to see the result.

It doesn't say only for Lucid to Lucid exclusively.

Thus, a good guess would be: any J-1772-compliant car should be able to get the charge from this Lucid RangeXchange configuration.
The press pictures show a Lucid charging a Tesla. Good guess.

The shade towards Tesla is hilarious, lol!

Wonder if you can use it while driving.. how to get cannonball records 101
well - you cant drive while charging. so you will be carrying an anchor. :)

Ordered mine as well. Thank you for sharing. I will test on my Model 3 with the adapter. I am wondering what OTA version is required to enable this feature. Does anyone know?

Ordered mine as well. Thank you for sharing. I will test on my Model 3 with the adapter. I am wondering what OTA version is required to enable this feature. Does anyone know?
Anyone, yes. Us: not yet.

Is this the first EV with this capability?
I believe Ford has this in the Lightning, at least. But I do not know of any others.

The shade towards Tesla is hilarious, lol!

Wonder if you can use it while driving.. how to get cannonball records 101
Agreed! 😂 😂

I believe Ford has this in the Lightning, at least. But I do not know of any others.
I believe with the lightning, you’d have to plug a charger into the 14-50 outlet in the bed of the truck.

At 1.1 kW speed, though. It would take days to get any significant charge out of that.
EV V2V charging is new territory to automakers. It is not surprising each vendor implemented V2V differently.

I think the Ford Platinum can do 9.6kwh also.

Chevrolet has the tech in the Ultium batteries but not released yet. I wanted the Silverado EV because of the bi-directional technology and also powering the house on short power outages. A car like the Silverado or the Lucid can power a normal house for a couple days.

I think the Ford Platinum can do 9.6kwh also.

Chevrolet has the tech in the Ultium batteries but not released yet. I wanted the Silverado EV because of the bi-directional technology and also powering the house on short power outages. A car like the Silverado or the Lucid can power a normal house for a couple days.

Ford capability
The 9.6 kWh value is the total power for all the outlets combined, but individually the outlets are limited: up to 2.4 kW available through the frunk and up to 7.2 kW through outlets in the cab and bed:
  • two 120 V outlets in the cab
  • four 120 V outlets in the front trunk (there are also one USB-C and one USB-A in the frunk)
  • four 120 V outlets in the bed
  • one 240 V outlet in the bed

Back