Internet - Wifi - Spotify / Tidal / Alexa

Thehack

Verified Owner
Cars
Volvo XC 90 T8
I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere, I could not find it.

Ok... I am somewhat confused with how the Lucid Air communicates to the internet. My Volvo XC 90 has a SIM card slot in the back for a "modem". I pay for an LTE connection so I can use my car's internet to listen to spotify instead of my phone. This also essentially gives my car internet for the apps that it uses.

On top of this, I pay for a subscription with Volvo (which I can only assume is a 3g connectivity to the vehicle) that is essentially 3 years at a time. This allows me to remotely start, unlock, and I can only assume see traffic on my Navigation.

So my question is this. How does the Lucid connect for apps like Alexa, Tidal and Spotify? Does it piggy back on your cell phone's bluetooth? Does it have it's own "subscription" LTE modem in it (that we pay for?). I know these apps require internet, I am just unsure "which" internet it connects to.

I know that the OTA updates come in via Wifi (which is perfect for when you are parked in the garage).

The car has it's own connection. Otherwise, streaming wouldn't work when you don't have your phone's BT enabled...which I forget... A LOT

I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere, I could not find it.

Ok... I am somewhat confused with how the Lucid Air communicates to the internet. My Volvo XC 90 has a SIM card slot in the back for a "modem". I pay for an LTE connection so I can use my car's internet to listen to spotify instead of my phone. This also essentially gives my car internet for the apps that it uses.

On top of this, I pay for a subscription with Volvo (which I can only assume is a 3g connectivity to the vehicle) that is essentially 3 years at a time. This allows me to remotely start, unlock, and I can only assume see traffic on my Navigation.

So my question is this. How does the Lucid connect for apps like Alexa, Tidal and Spotify? Does it piggy back on your cell phone's bluetooth? Does it have it's own "subscription" LTE modem in it (that we pay for?). I know these apps require internet, I am just unsure "which" internet it connects to.

I know that the OTA updates come in via Wifi (which is perfect for when you are parked in the garage).
All internet traffic to the car can come in via its LTE connection. I don't actually even have my car connected to wifi at home, and it downloads updates fine.

There will eventually be an annual fee for this, but I believe its covered for something like 3 years.

All internet traffic to the car can come in via its LTE connection. I don't actually even have my car connected to wifi at home, and it downloads updates fine.

There will eventually be an annual fee for this, but I believe its covered for something like 3 years.
This is cool. Thanks so much!

Great question. To add to it, are we able to connect to that Wi-Fi service with our phones or passenger phones to utilize Wi-Fi?

Great question. To add to it, are we able to connect to that Wi-Fi service with our phones or passenger phones to utilize Wi-Fi?
probably, as long as you keep it as a hotspot. I wonder if that would actually prevent Tidal from dropping out..

When these connected services expire it would be good for the car to connect to phones that can be turned on as hotspots. The 4G Lucid has now in 5 years time will be outdated and instead of having the car use a slow internet connection it could take advantage of using updated phones to leverage the internet.

I’ve never been a fan of dedicated internet in cars. It outdates too quickly and now most use eSIM it’s very walled off from being able to change it.

When these connected services expire it would be good for the car to connect to phones that can be turned on as hotspots. The 4G Lucid has now in 5 years time will be outdated and instead of having the car use a slow internet connection it could take advantage of using updated phones to leverage the internet.

I’ve never been a fan of dedicated internet in cars. It outdates too quickly and now most use eSIM it’s very walled off from being able to change it.
Easy, just create a Apple Shortcut for if "Leave home" then "enable hotspot" and car will auto connect to known Wi-fi ;)

May need to use IFTTT on Android.

Back