Cellular Connectivity Issues when Exiting Garage

diggydaug

Cars
Lucid Air GT
I have a 2023 Air GT. I live in an apartment building in CA and have underground parking, so I have no cell and wifi available. When I exit the garage, I get cell connectivity straight away maybe 30% of the time. The other 70% it can take one to two minutes for it to connect, and even once it does apps like Tidal still say 'no internet connection' for another minute or two. Sometimes, it will not connect to cellular at all until I exit and enter the vehicle once outside. Has anyone else experienced this with underground parking / is this expected, or is this something that I should contact service about?

I have a 2023 Air GT. I live in an apartment building in CA and have underground parking, so I have no cell and wifi available. When I exit the garage, I get cell connectivity straight away maybe 30% of the time. The other 70% it can take one to two minutes for it to connect, and even once it does apps like Tidal still say 'no internet connection' for another minute or two. Sometimes, it will not connect to cellular at all until I exit and enter the vehicle once outside. Has anyone else experienced this with underground parking / is this expected, or is this something that I should contact service about?
Do you have WiFi enabled on the car when underground?

Thanks, @diggydaug, for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

Yes, I do have the Wifi setting on, I'll try turning this off and see if it makes any difference. Thanks @mcr16 I'll respond shortly.

Once I turned off the wifi setting, this seems to have got a bunch better. Though it does still take some time to find cellular connectivity when I leave my garage it is not as frequent.

Having the same issues. Car seems to have a hard time holding cell service despite having more than one service bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check your hotspot on your phone. If it’s on turn it off

Back