How do you locate the MAC address?

IndiaPeloAle

Verified Owner
Cars
GT QG/Santa Cruz/21"
I live in a condo complex where they control WiFi access in the parking garage using the MAC address of the device. I’m attempting to locate the address for my Air GT. I’ve searched the forum and also reached out to customer service and it appears the recommendation is to let the car connect to a router and then determine the MAC address from there. Any other options/suggestions? My GT is far from my unit so I can’t use this technique. I did try hotspotting my iPhone but can’t seem to find the client connectivity details on the phone once connected.

My car's in service so I can't verify that this will work, but try this on your iPhone when your Lucid is connected to its hotspot:

Settings>Cellular, then scroll way down to Cellular Data usage and keep scrolling until you see data usage for "Personal Hotspot"--open that and see if there's a MAC address.

Don't use "Cellular Data" or "Personal Hotspot" that appear when you first go into Settings>Cellular; keep scrolling down until you see the cellular usage data and keep strolling until you see the Personal Hotspot data usage and then open that to see what devices are using the hotspot.

do you have a laptop? can you connect your Lucid to your laptop? using terminal you can find the MAC address of connected devices.
on macos, you could type `arp -a`
  1. If you are using a Windows or Linux device, you can use the command prompt to view the MAC addresses of connected devices. For example, you can run `netsh wlan show hosted` from your code and parse the output. This command will give you the number of connected devices to your hotspot and the MAC address of each one 2.

Thanks for the quick replies. Will try both approaches and post back so that we have it documented.

Tried both approaches. While the steps that @Unmutual provided will show you the connection to your iPhone hotspot, it only gives you the machine name (which is the VIN number) and not the MAC address. Some internet searching suggests that Apple removed the MAC information around iOS 11.

@hellolucid's steps with the laptop did work after some setup for sharing. It appears my '22 GT uses a u-Blox AG chipset. Some searches on this forum show that is the same for the charger.

Thank all for the help!

Back