Does your Lucid Home Charging Station respond over Wifi?

Does your Lucid Home Charging Station respond to its IP address over Wifi?

• Something else (explain below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
My Lucid Home Charging Station (LHCS) is connected to my home's wifi network. I can see that in the LHCS Device Config page, and my router shows it online at the address I reserved for it. But when I enter my LHCS's IP address into a browser, I just get a timeout - the unit never returns its status webpage. What has your experience been?

I have a generic silly question, can LHCS use on non-Lucid vehicles? Will that impact its warranty?

I have a generic silly question, can LHCS use on non-Lucid vehicles? Will that impact its warranty?
It is a standard J1772 EVSE and should be able to charge any production EV without problem or effect on warranty.

It is a standard J1772 EVSE and should be able to charge any production EV without problem or effect on warranty.
Just want to make sure there isn’t any disclaimer on the product for exclusivity.

My Lucid Home Charging Station (LHCS) is connected to my home's wifi network. I can see that in the LHCS Device Config page, and my router shows it online at the address I reserved for it. But when I enter my LHCS's IP address into a browser, I just get a timeout - the unit never returns its status webpage. What has your experience been?
Once all electrical connections to the LHCS are hardwired & tested. is it possible to connect & test charge a vehicle (J1772 connector) without doing the online setup due to the WiFi problems?

Once all electrical connections to the LHCS are hardwired & tested. is it possible to connect & test charge a vehicle (J1772 connector) without doing the online setup due to the WiFi problems?
Yes, you only need the wifi (or Ethernet) for firmware updates.

The wifi setup worked fine for me - just not the wifi itself afterwards. The setup procedure is pretty straightforward and is spelled out in the charging station's user manual. And the station will work fine to charge your car even if your charger won't talk on your wifi for some reason. I'm suspecting my issue will be resolved by a software update sooner or later.

Bump in hopes of getting more votes / data

The wifi setup worked fine for me - just not the wifi itself afterwards. The setup procedure is pretty straightforward and is spelled out in the charging station's user manual. And the station will work fine to charge your car even if your charger won't talk on your wifi for some reason. I'm suspecting my issue will be resolved by a software update sooner or later.
Exactly what happened to mine as well. Does the LUCID logo flash white constantly as well? After the setup mine when from the solid white into the flashing state and I can no longer find it on the network. It appears as though the software was updated and it broke the wifi in the process so not sure if its even possible to update it again as a result.

The Lucid logo constantly flashing white it a different problem from what I have. Mine is solid white after a couple minutes. Another forum member had a similar problem to yours (stuck on flashing white); you'll need to contact customer service.

The Lucid logo constantly flashing white it a different problem from what I have. Mine is solid white after a couple minutes. Another forum member had a similar problem to yours (stuck on flashing white); you'll need to contact customer service.
Thanks for the tip.

Mine had the same issue. It was fine once I set it up and did a test charge. Then had an error where I had to reboot the charger. After that, it flashes white and is non functional.

Mine had the same issue. It was fine once I set it up and did a test charge. Then had an error where I had to reboot the charger. After that, it flashes white and is non functional.
Did you end up getting it fixed somehow? I dont see how to bring it back again as there seems to be no factory reset button anywhere on the board.

Did you end up getting it fixed somehow? I dont see how to bring it back again as there seems to be no factory reset button anywhere on the board.
To reset the Lucid Charger you need to turn off the circuit breaker it's connected to. Then turn in back on wait a couple of minutes and it should be okay. If not call customer care.

To reset the Lucid Charger you need to turn off the circuit breaker it's connected to. Then turn in back on wait a couple of minutes and it should be okay. If not call customer care.
Thanks tried that many times with no luck including overnight. Looks like a call to customer care tomorrow...

Is it fixed? Did you change the wifi client info in the setup section?

It will work if you have the latest network firmware of 01.01.24. That was the magic for me. The first versions shipped with .21 or lower which were problematic.

Is it fixed? Did you change the wifi client info in the setup section?
Lucid's LHCS worked fine on WiFi with firmware 01.01.21 after I changed my WiFi LAN from 192.168.1.xxx to 192.168.2.xxx. The LHCS then updated its network firmware to 01.01.24 and it is still communicating fine. I haven't tried changing my network back to 192.168.1.xxx as it would take an hour or so of re-configuration work for a couple servers and many clients on fixed addresses on my home LAN.

Can you reach the LHCS from anywhere via the internet? Or only when on same network as the charger?

Back