Lucid Combined Home Charging System Installation tips!

I used a regular electrician and the installation went fine.
I also used a regular electrician (not thru Qmerit) and they had no issues with the installation. Worth noting though, I also had to do a full electrical upgrade, but that would have happened whether with Qmerit or another electrician.

If you call a local one directly, you should get a lower price for the same service. Many of them work with Qmerit, but need to add whatever royalty Qmerit requires on to your bill.

Is the consensus to use a Qmerit installer even if they are about $1000.00 more for install vs "regular " licensed electrician?
I used a local licensed electrician. I found him on nextdoor.com. You may be able to get recommendations by searching your local Nextdoor.

Is the consensus to use a Qmerit installer even if they are about $1000.00 more for install vs "regular " licensed electrician?
YMMV, as usual. I used the Qmerit installer because I didn't have to teach him the electrical code or convince him to apply for a permit from the city. They just... did the right thing.

Of the local electricians I found that weren't Qmerit, one refused to do the permit and wanted me to submit for it myself, and one tried to convince me you could totally run an 80A line for an 80A charger.

I went with the safer option.

Hi,

Has anyone installed Lucid LCHS bidirectional charger at home and used it as a backup successfully?

With regards,
Satya

Hi,

Has anyone installed Lucid LCHS bidirectional charger at home and used it as a backup successfully?

With regards,
Satya
Lucid's V2H hardware (other than their home charging station) and installation details are not available yet.

FWIW my LHCS updated its firmware to version 01.01.25 a couple days ago. No changes noticeable in the user interface - maybe a bug fix.

So much is written about hardware and especially software upgrades to the car.
Has the Lucid home charger been enhanced at all?
I am trying to wait until my metal headed touring is near production before ordering the charger, under the premise that the charger will get better. Maybe I just go for it at this point.

So much is written about hardware and especially software upgrades to the car.
Has the Lucid home charger been enhanced at all?
I am trying to wait until my metal headed touring is near production before ordering the charger, under the premise that the charger will get better. Maybe I just go for it at this point.
Lucid's home charger has had a couple software updates.

YMMV, as usual. I used the Qmerit installer because I didn't have to teach him the electrical code or convince him to apply for a permit from the city. They just... did the right thing.

Of the local electricians I found that weren't Qmerit, one refused to do the permit and wanted me to submit for it myself, and one tried to convince me you could totally run an 80A line for an 80A charger.

I went with the safer option.
I also went with an electrician (EVPlugz) through Qmerit here in Florida. 100a circuit, 80a LHCC.

Unfortunately I’ve had 3 installed, all a part of a bad batch. The “Lucid” status Light glows amber when not connected to the cart indicating some issue. Electrician being sent a 4th unit and should have that installed this week or next. Luckily it does not affect the ability of the LHCC to provide power to the Lucid…

Attachments

• DC9004F0-77EA-4902-9599-A692E7A7F1D0.jpeg
    DC9004F0-77EA-4902-9599-A692E7A7F1D0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • 4287A834-8379-4C81-8B5A-8CB5B6BF9808.jpeg
    4287A834-8379-4C81-8B5A-8CB5B6BF9808.jpeg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 103
For what it's worth, my charging station stopped charging my car a little over a week ago, a few weeks after the Lucid status logo no longer lit up. Had my electrician out to troubleshoot, and it turns out that an internal cable connecting to the computer board inside the charger was loose. After unclipping and clipping back in, the status light lit up and, following a power cycle, started charging normally, pulling 18kw. In my case, it was just a loose connection which was easily fixed.

Is the latest FW version still Network FW version : 01.01.25? The UI seems so....... boring with very little information. Would be great to get a histogram or something for a $1,200 charger. I assume with this version, firmware will be automatically updated?

Is the latest FW version still Network FW version : 01.01.25? The UI seems so....... boring with very little information. Would be great to get a histogram or something for a $1,200 charger. I assume with this version, firmware will be automatically updated?
Mine is at 01.01.25 too, after OTA updating twice since it was installed. I'm assuming that the interaction with the LHCS, if any, will be through a phone app rather then through its web UI.

I had my LHCS installed today. I was able to join it to my wifi no problem, no workaround needed. BUT, I can't connect to the LHCS portal without joining my laptop to the wifi SID broadcast by the LHCS. It's not clear to me if that's expected or if I should be able to get to the portal from my wifi now that both the LHCS and laptop are on the same network.

I had my LHCS installed today. I was able to join it to my wifi no problem, no workaround needed. BUT, I can't connect to the LHCS portal without joining my laptop to the wifi SID broadcast by the LHCS. It's not clear to me if that's expected or if I should be able to get to the portal from my wifi now that both the LHCS and laptop are on the same network.
If your LHCS is on your home network via WiFi, you shouldn't have a problem connecting it via your laptop or tablet since it is on the same network. I have it configured as a static address... So that I just enter in the IP address to access it.

If your LHCS is on your home network via WiFi, you shouldn't have a problem connecting it via your laptop or tablet since it is on the same network. I have it configured as a static address... So that I just enter in the IP address to access it.
Ah! I bet that's it. I chose DHCP as it was a default. It didn't register at the time. Thx. I'll try changing that.

Ah! I bet that's it. I chose DHCP as it was a default. It didn't register at the time. Thx. I'll try changing that.
Generally it's better practice to use DHCP reservations in your router rather than setting a static address at a client device. If you set them in your router, they're all in one place and organized.

Generally it's better practice to use DHCP reservations in your router rather than setting a static address at a client device. If you set them in your router, they're all in one place and organized.
Good advice.. the only reason I have it configured statically at the device is that i change AP's every 2-3 years. They either die on me, want better coverage, or faster speeds. Saves me trouble from needing to configure the AP to assign the addresses when the AP is changed over.

Good news: Got Home charger installed, says version 2022.37 on owners manual.
Bad: I'm able to do first 2 or 3 steps of connecting to my home WiFI ( Charger is emitting signal) then can't complete for some reason.
I did get to 'Cloud tab" under Setup once....never could put in my Lucid ID ....timed out
Tried 2 different windows laptops, 2 browsers
Noted the first post in this thread says switch home LAN to 192.168.2xxx not sure that is it but am willing to try as my IPv4 address is 192.168.1.24
my IPv4DNS 192.168.1.1

Honestly not sure how to change those if that is problem
Another variable was somewhere in failed setup it asked for security I think.....my network says WPA2 personal
There was one or two things I could change but I stuck with default answers.

Not sure how critical connecting is, as I understand charger still works even if not connected, but it is now mocking me.

Thoughts?

Good news: Got Home charger installed, says version 2022.37 on owners manual.
Bad: I'm able to do first 2 or 3 steps of connecting to my home WiFI ( Charger is emitting signal) then can't complete for some reason.
I did get to 'Cloud tab" under Setup once....never could put in my Lucid ID ....timed out
Tried 2 different windows laptops, 2 browsers
Noted the first post in this thread says switch home LAN to 192.168.2xxx not sure that is it but am willing to try as my IPv4 address is 192.168.1.24
my IPv4DNS 192.168.1.1

Honestly not sure how to change those if that is problem
Another variable was somewhere in failed setup it asked for security I think.....my network says WPA2 personal
There was one or two things I could change but I stuck with default answers.

Not sure how critical connecting is, as I understand charger still works even if not connected, but it is now mocking me.

Thoughts?
You'll probably want to enlist the help of a local tech-savvy friend. In the meantime, it'll work fine - in fact no differently than if you did have it connected to your wifi.

Back