Lucid Combined Home Charging System Installation tips!

In my LCHCS, control panel i see these new start and stop buttons in the home screen. Also i see a new tab for Device info for the setup screen. Do you know what these are for? Also is there any separate thread for discussing LCHCS version and functionality details?View attachment 7718

View attachment 7720
Hi Deepakb,

I have a qmerit installer installed LCHCS this morning, however, after he connected the circuit LCHCS did not lit up and won't charge and when we removed the cover we saw the green LED light on the circuit board is lit. We don't know what went wrong nor how to troubleshoot...Any advice? And where did you get your screenshoot? Is it part of LUCID app or a separate app for charger. Thanks for your pointer.

modelsconvert

Hi Deepakb,

I have a qmerit installer installed LCHCS this morning, however, after he connected the circuit LCHCS did not lit up and won't charge and when we removed the cover we saw the green LED light on the circuit board is lit. We don't know what went wrong nor how to troubleshoot...Any advice? And where did you get your screenshoot? Is it part of LUCID app or a separate app for charger. Thanks for your pointer.

modelsconvert
When you first turn on power to LCHCS, the Lucid Logo on the charger should blink white. After bootup ( 2 minutes) the Logo should be solid white. This means the unit is ready for wifi setup and ready to charge. You should have seen this when you first apply power. If you have no LOGO lights, check that your installer connected the cable from the charger base to the top cover (page 16 of the manual). You have to remove Logo cover and top cover to check the cable connection. (Page 12). Double check the correct DIP switch settings when you open up the unit. You should NOT have installed a battery. Close unit. Turn on breaker and watch the logo lights. It should start blinking then go solid. Then you can go through the wifi setup. After wifi setup , you may get a software update evidenced by flashing orange logo. Do not shut off power to charger during software update.

The screenshots from web browser at the charger IP address. Currently there is no separate app or integration with the Lucid Mobile app.

When you first turn on power to LCHCS, the Lucid Logo on the charger should blink white. After bootup ( 2 minutes) the Logo should be solid white. This means the unit is ready for wifi setup and ready to charge. You should have seen this when you first apply power. If you have no LOGO lights, check that your installer connected the cable from the charger base to the top cover (page 16 of the manual). You have to remove Logo cover and top cover to check the cable connection. (Page 12). Double check the correct DIP switch settings when you open up the unit. You should NOT have installed a battery. Close unit. Turn on breaker and watch the logo lights. It should start blinking then go solid. Then you can go through the wifi setup. After wifi setup , you may get a software update evidenced by flashing orange logo. Do not shut off power to charger during software update.

The screenshots from web browser at the charger IP address. Currently there is no separate app or integration with the Lucid Mobile app.
Negan1000,

Really appreciate your helpful tips. Will check with my installer, this was his first installation og LCHCS...

Hi Deepakb,

modelsconvert
I agree with @Negan1000. For me the unit didn't work after doing all those steps. So i contacted the customer service through email and sent the screenshots to them. Those images i have posted are screenshots of the webpage for lucid charger after you connect to your home network. There is no app yet for the LCHCS. I am expecting one might get released or integrated within lucid app. But that won't be anytime soon i guess.

Haven't seen anyone comment, so thought I would ask; on the Lucid website it says that additional equipment is needed for the reverse power capability to power your home, is that just referring to the install or is there another piece they haven't released???

It will be a transfer switch and for sure some software updates, it's not released yet. The transfer switch is to ensure you're not feeding power back to the grid during an outage, you could electrocute someone working on the lines.

I asked the electrician the same question, he said it will not be a be simple backfeed of power from the car. Additional equipment or switch will be needed, especially if you have large appliances like AC, electric dryer, etc. in order to priorities which one to feed. Since I also have a older version of invertor for my solar systems, things get even more complicated.

I don't know how this stuff works, but my house never uses more than 50 amps at a time unless car charging is involved. It would be cool to just have the switch cut off the power feed from the street and feed everything from the battery. IIRC, most backup systems have a separate panel that powers a subset of your normal loads.. lights, HVAC, refrigerators, sump pump, etc.

Ok job is finished. He went through the back. Plugged right in when LUCID light went solid. Green on car and charging at 16 Kw. (car is at 77%). I am officially 100% LUCID.

Now I have to take it all apart = remove the sub panel and charger to replace the insulation he removed, again. Curious he put a 90 amp breaker in the sub-panel... I don't know if he messed with the DIP to lower the amp draw ? perhaps I'll look at it when I take it apart later. I believe I read here somewhere that folk were charging at 19 Kw. He did say he went out to get "90 degree wire" for the meter (distance) between the panel and the LCHCS.
View attachment 7829
Now to connect it to the router.... hate this part.
Yes the wire is 90*C, but I would bet dollars to donuts that the breakers in your house are 75*C which means the wire shall be derated to 75*. For the record it's legal to fuse 75*C #4 wire up to 99 amps.

OK thanks for that confirmation. I took the cover off the LCHCS and checked the DIP switches are set for 72 amp load (this was changed from the factory DIP set to 80 amps).
LCHCS hardwired to 90amp breaker in garage sub-panel; #4 copper ~ 25 meters to main panel 100 amp breaker. Unit charges @ 14.2 kWh which is more than enough for my need.

OK thanks for that confirmation. I took the cover off the LCHCS and checked the DIP switches are set for 72 amp load (this was changed from the factory DIP set to 80 amps).
LCHCS hardwired to 90amp breaker in garage sub-panel; #4 copper ~ 25 meters to main panel 100 amp breaker. Unit charges @ 14.2 kWh which is more than enough for my need.
You're all good brother!

Has anyone had success in updating the firmware without changing your home wifi LAN address to 192.168.2.xxx? Have a smart home so really don't want to disconnect all the various things connected to our wifi. Have a question into CS to see if there is any other workaround, but figured I'd ask the collective group first...

Has anyone had success in updating the firmware without changing your home wifi LAN address to 192.168.2.xxx? Have a smart home so really don't want to disconnect all the various things connected to our wifi. Have a question into CS to see if there is any other workaround, but figured I'd ask the collective group first...
I think the only issue was with LANs that were 192.168.1.xxx. If yours isn't this, I think no need to change. And if your LHCS happened to come with firmware newer than 01.01.21, you might be good with 192.168.1.xxx - don't know if it has been fixed already with newer firmware in production units.

Yeah, my home LAN is 192.168.1.xxx, so am still stuck on the early firmware. Like I said, have an inquiry into CS and will report back what I hear. Ultimately, the unit is charging just fine, so not the end of the world at this point. Will obviously want all the future functionality if and when it becomes available though.

Yeah, my home LAN is 192.168.1.xxx, so am still stuck on the early firmware. Like I said, have an inquiry into CS and will report back what I hear. Ultimately, the unit is charging just fine, so not the end of the world at this point. Will obviously want all the future functionality if and when it becomes available though.
You could change to 192.168.2.xxx for a few minutes to connect the LHCS and let it update to 01.01.24. Then switch your home network back to 191.168.1.xxx. it's possible they fixed the issue in the .24 release, no one had tried this yet to my knowledge. Worst case the LHCS won't communicate but it'll have updated firmware and your other stuff should be ok after a bit.

I thought about The bidirectional hookup, but opted for a Tesla powerwall, mainly to conserve the life of the Lucid battery. We bought the Lucid Home EVSE for the 80 amp speed and needed a second unit since the Leaf is usually plugged into the ChargePoint Flex. I love the 80 amp speed and it is cheaper than other 80 amp EVSEs on the market, so happy with the purchase.

71tjuyydiafa1.jpg

Is the consensus to use a Qmerit installer even if they are about $1000.00 more for install vs "regular " licensed electrician?

Back