Lucid Combined Home Charging System Installation tips!

After connecting the lucid home charger to wifi and successfully completing the first charge [Holy moly...80 mile/hour charge capacity. :eek:]
I did smell some smoke at first charge...it was my neighbor smoking a cig in the back....and my anxiety kicking into 5th gear!
What is the process for checking firmware status/updates? Is there a manual button to "check for updates" or is it automatic? I currently have LCHS:
Network FW version : 01.01.25
Safety FW version: 02.14.54

It's automatic. You I think you have the latest versions.
Interestingly, my Safety Version is 02.14.51

5) Do not install batteries

Why not? What do the batteries do?

Current install instructions talk about removing the insulation sheet from the battery. Maybe something has changed since you posted, is this what you're referring to?

Why not? What do the batteries do?

Current install instructions talk about removing the insulation sheet from the battery. Maybe something has changed since you posted, is this what you're referring to?
The batteries are for commercial deployments. If you open yours up, you’ll find neither batteries nor an insulation sheet, as yours is not a commercial deployment. :)

The batteries are for commercial deployments. If you open yours up, you’ll find neither batteries nor an insulation sheet, as yours is not a commercial deployment. :)
Ah. Good. Less to worry about. Thanks for the info!

Can anyone with any electrical knowledge help me out?

Here’s the situation and I’m happy to provide more insight for anyone that might need it:

For L1, L2 I’ve connected from the breaker box to the charging station using 2AWG. For the Ground, I’ve connected using 8AWG.

I’m using a 100 amp breaker. I’m also using 1/4 “ compression lugs.

Here are the pictures for the charging station and breaker box.

The issue that I’m facing is when the charging station turns on. It blinks white 5 times but then it turns red and flashes red 4 times (and then repeats the red flashing). I saw that 4 red flashes meant a potential over temperature, but I’ve checked and double checked everything and I cannot see where the issue lies.

Again, any help would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_2003.jpeg
    IMG_2003.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2002.jpeg
    IMG_2002.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
I have so many comments I want to chime in with but this can escalate faster than NIVIDIA 🤣

...For L1, L2 I’ve connected from the breaker box to the charging station using 2AWG. For the Ground, I’ve connected using 8AWG....
You've connected your LCHCS to 120VAC, not 240VAC. The white wire isn't needed. The red wire should have gone to the other load terminal of that 100-amp breaker, and been connected at the LHCS instead of the white wire.

Highly advise getting an electrician to fix this for you.

You've connected your LCHCS to 120VAC, not 240VAC. The white wire isn't needed. The red wire should have gone to the other load terminal of that 100-amp breaker, and been connected at the LHCS instead of the white wire.

Highly advise getting an electrician to fix this for you.

Thank you so much! I was able to apply the solution and now it works perfectly. Appreciate it!

Thank you so much! I was able to apply the solution and now it works perfectly. Appreciate it!
Please make very sure you've tightened the screws at each end of the wire run to the recommended torque.

Electrician just installed my Lucid Home charger yesterday.
50amps, but only because that's what this house can do, we're only on 100amp service, and I'm NOT upgrading this place. It's not the forever home.
Basic charging works great! Nice n fast (compared to 120v lol).
Wifi setup was a whole 'nother story. So far, all Lucid experiences have been amazingly balmy....except this one.
Figured I'd list out my experience if anyone else out there is having issues connecting this thing to Wifi.

I guess I'm lucky to have a 0.1 gateway, so I didn't need to switch anything to 2.1.
I rebooted the Lucid Home at the breaker several times, trying to follow the directions. To no avail.
I would always get stuck on the last "reloading" page.
The steps that worked were:
- I set up the 2.4gHz Wifo name and password.
- I then set my IP settings to static.
- In my router settings, I looked at the device list and chose an IP suffix that wasn't being used, I chose "60"
- back in the Lucid Home settings, I set the static IP to xxx.xxx.0.60, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway to my router address xxx.xxx.0.1.
- Clicked Save and let it go to the "reloading" screen again.
- This time I didn't just stare at the Lucid Home Tab, I manually set my laptop to the 2.4 wifi (because I noticed it was trying to jump to my 5.0 network)
- I went back into my router settings, and kept refreshing the device list until I saw the .0.60 device pop up in there.
- I relabeled the .60 device in my router to Lucid Home Charger
- Ignoring the constantly spinning "reloading" tab for the Lucid Home, I re-entered an address in the browswer tab search box xxx.xxx.0.60
-This took me back to the Lucid Home login screen.....ON MY NETWORK!
- Finally working well this time, I logged in, and entered my Lucid account email address in the Maintenance tab, saved it, and cloud setup was complete!
- Confirmed this morning that the LUcid Home is still accessible at the static address, it's online, and has the firmware version 01.01.25.

All set!
I do wish it was actually more of a smart charger. It seems pretty dumb. We only got it because of the sweet rebate.
Otherwise, the Emporia charger I have for my other PHEV is really slick with data, showing current draw in various charts, and electrical cost to charge, with my local rates, off-peak charge scheduling etc.
I hope Lucid will upgrade their charger with at least some of these basic "smart" features practically every other Level 2 has out there sitting on Amazon.
A+ for style points though!

Back