Strange Entry Behavior - Does Wifi have something to do with it?

Isletime

Cars
Lucid Air GT
I have had my AirGT since January, and during that entire time my mobile key and fob have been unreliable. Much too often I was opening the app, waiting for the car to wake up, and then unlocking the car with the app. Each time that results in being prompted to enter my PIN, so I'm pretty sure the car is not acknowledging my mobile key or my fob. I had no more success with the fob than I did with my mobile key, so I've just stopped using the fob. Over time I started to notice a pattern that when I was at home the mobile key almost always worked. Whenever I get near the car the handles present and I can enter. WIth auto-present disabled I could still go and push the door handle and it will always unlock. When I'm at the office, my handles never auto present. Even if I've woken up the car while walking towards it, I still have to use the app to unlock and then use the PIN to drive away.

This is where it gets odd. I split my time between two residential addresses. At my secondary address I was having the same problem that I have at the office. Car never acknowledges my mobile key. I had never setup the car to connect to the wifi at my secondary address until about a month ago. Now my handles present as expected almost 100% of the time. I disabled wifi on the car and then no auto-present. Since I'm pretty sure the car uses BLE to detect the mobile key I have no idea why wifi has anything to do with how this works. All I know is that I can break and then fix the mobile key just by disabling and re-enabling wifi.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are others still having wildly inconsistent experiences with gaining access to their car?

I have had my AirGT since January, and during that entire time my mobile key and fob have been unreliable. Much too often I was opening the app, waiting for the car to wake up, and then unlocking the car with the app. Each time that results in being prompted to enter my PIN, so I'm pretty sure the car is not acknowledging my mobile key or my fob. I had no more success with the fob than I did with my mobile key, so I've just stopped using the fob. Over time I started to notice a pattern that when I was at home the mobile key almost always worked. Whenever I get near the car the handles present and I can enter. WIth auto-present disabled I could still go and push the door handle and it will always unlock. When I'm at the office, my handles never auto present. Even if I've woken up the car while walking towards it, I still have to use the app to unlock and then use the PIN to drive away.

This is where it gets odd. I split my time between two residential addresses. At my secondary address I was having the same problem that I have at the office. Car never acknowledges my mobile key. I had never setup the car to connect to the wifi at my secondary address until about a month ago. Now my handles present as expected almost 100% of the time. I disabled wifi on the car and then no auto-present. Since I'm pretty sure the car uses BLE to detect the mobile key I have no idea why wifi has anything to do with how this works. All I know is that I can break and then fix the mobile key just by disabling and re-enabling wifi.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are others still having wildly inconsistent experiences with gaining access to their car?
For me it just depends on if the app is in the background or not.

I'm on Android with a Google Pixel 7

Others with iPhone's have reported no issues either

For your fob, either your battery is dead or it is coated with bitterant and needs a good alcohol wipe.

Mobile key has nothing to do with wifi, but it *does* have to do with having your *precise* location (and Bluetooth). Perhaps it gets a precise location on wifi for some reason? Check your phone’s privacy settings to ensure Lucid has full Bluetooth and precise location permissions?

For your fob, either your battery is dead or it is coated with bitterant and needs a good alcohol wipe.

Mobile key has nothing to do with wifi, but it *does* have to do with having your *precise* location (and Bluetooth). Perhaps it gets a precise location on wifi for some reason? Check your phone’s privacy settings to ensure Lucid has full Bluetooth and precise location permissions?
The fob is unreliable for me even with new batteries. I have ensured that there is no bitterant on the batteries I purchased and even tested them with my tongue 😛. I also store the fob in a faraday bag when I’m not using it.

I have also ensured that the Lucid app Location services is set to Always and Precise Location is enabled.

I know it doesnt make sense, but almost without fail my mobile key works perfectly when my car is in an area that has Wi-Fi and that I have joined the Wi-Fi network from the car. If I am anywhere else it works about 5% of the time. I have removed the mobile keys and re-paired. I have removed the fobs and re-paired. I’ve even gone through this process with support to ensure I wasn’t missing anything.

The fob is unreliable for me even with new batteries. I have ensured that there is no bitterant on the batteries I purchased and even tested them with my tongue 😛. I also store the fob in a faraday bag when I’m not using it.

I have also ensured that the Lucid app Location services is set to Always and Precise Location is enabled.

I know it doesnt make sense, but almost without fail my mobile key works perfectly when my car is in an area that has Wi-Fi and that I have joined the Wi-Fi network from the car. If I am anywhere else it works about 5% of the time. I have removed the mobile keys and re-paired. I have removed the fobs and re-paired. I’ve even gone through this process with support to ensure I wasn’t missing anything.
Call service. I think something is wrong with the communications in your car. Antenna, something.

Call service. I think something is wrong with the communications in your car. Antenna, something.
This. Also ask service to replace your fobs.

Very late follow-up on this. A few weeks ago I had misplaced my pocket knife. Looked everywhere and decided to check the car and get down and check between and under the seats. Found my pocket knife, I also found a third key card between the passenger seat and center console. Since taking that key card out, all of my problems have stopped. My phone and the fob work flawlessly now.
IMG_0253.jpeg

Very late follow-up on this. A few weeks ago I had misplaced my pocket knife. Looked everywhere and decided to check the car and get down and check between and under the seats. Found my pocket knife, I also found a third key card between the passenger seat and center console. Since taking that key card out, all of my problems have stopped. My phone and the fob work flawlessly now.
View attachment 17512
I am glad that it is fixed but the third card would not do anything since the card is NFC and the Fob/Mobile key are Bluetooth. Does the third card unlock your car?

Back