Garage exiting Routine

JerseyStrong

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
Whenever I approach my garage to park I enjoy the screen changing to allow me to open the door and my lower panel is almost always on the main screen, so I easily can hit the button to fold my mirrors.

Exiting my garage is more complex and time consuming. When I enter the garage to exit, the car greets me and the mirrors unfold. Once I am seated I have to manually refill them before I can back out. Once I am out, I have to put the car in park, touch two different screen commands to close the garage door, remember to unfold the mirrors and sit there until the door is closed before I can again shift into reverse. If I try to enter reverse earlier, the door stops and then fully reopens with its lights flashing as though it has hit an obstacle. Sometimes I am forced to try to close it again more than once before it will actually do so.

Is anyone else captive to such a routine? Is there a hack or process to streamline the process that allows me to exit expeditiously? Is this on the Air wishlist in some form? This is one of the more aggravating aspects of daily driving as a retiree with several possible in and out trips during a day.

Before MyQ blocked access to their APIs, I had an IFTTT / MyQ / Alexa integration to close the garage door, now I too need to do a dance with the closing video, bringing up door control, bringing back video. Looking forward to when Lucid addresses this usability issue.

...Once I am out, I have to put the car in park... and sit there until the door is closed before I can again shift into reverse. If I try to enter reverse earlier, the door stops and then fully reopens with its lights flashing as though it has hit an obstacle....
This particular part is odd. My door closes fine as I back away in reverse. I wonder if your garage door safety sensors are experiencing interference from the car's lidar (if yours is equipped with lidar)? You could check this by temporarily covering the car's lidar with electrical tape.

Before MyQ blocked access to their APIs, I had an IFTTT / MyQ / Alexa integration to close the garage door, now I too need to do a dance with the closing video, bringing up door control, bringing back video. Looking forward to when Lucid addresses this usability issue.
It sounds very complicated. I love technology and someday I'll set up Homelink, but sometimes low tech is just easier. I back into the garage and pull out forwards. I don't trust the cars not to speed down my street, I've been hit before. I have the garage door opener remote on the visor. Once click to open the door before backing in, one click to close it after I'm parked. The overhead view makes parking so easy.

Whenever I approach my garage to park I enjoy the screen changing to allow me to open the door and my lower panel is almost always on the main screen, so I easily can hit the button to fold my mirrors.

Exiting my garage is more complex and time consuming. When I enter the garage to exit, the car greets me and the mirrors unfold. Once I am seated I have to manually refill them before I can back out. Once I am out, I have to put the car in park, touch two different screen commands to close the garage door, remember to unfold the mirrors and sit there until the door is closed before I can again shift into reverse. If I try to enter reverse earlier, the door stops and then fully reopens with its lights flashing as though it has hit an obstacle. Sometimes I am forced to try to close it again more than once before it will actually do so.

Is anyone else captive to such a routine? Is there a hack or process to streamline the process that allows me to exit expeditiously? Is this on the Air wishlist in some form? This is one of the more aggravating aspects of daily driving as a retiree with several possible in and out trips during a day.
My mitigation is to carry a mini genie garage door remote to close the garage door on exit. Lucid is aware of this limitation. I wish they would provide a better home link design.

This particular part is odd. My door closes fine as I back away in reverse. I wonder if your garage door safety sensors are experiencing interference from the car's lidar (if yours is equipped with lidar)? You could check this by temporarily covering the car's lidar with electrical tape.
It’s definitely the LIDAR.
Try these: https://a.co/d/4L9Jiba
Or, if you have a 3-D printer, you can search for and find similar items that you can print yourself.

FWIW the Infinity Shield garage door sensor replacement seems to be immune to lidar interference. I repeatedly tried to confuse it with my car's lidar, but the door closed fine every time.

FWIW the Infinity Shield garage door sensor replacement seems to be immune to lidar interference. I repeatedly tried to confuse it with my car's lidar, but the door closed fine every time.
Yup ... same here.

I have the same situation, till I final give up and use my garage door remote. I called customer service and they walk me through a soft reboot. I'll see if this correct the problem.

Similar issues here. But when I back up, I put on reverse and go all the way back out of my driveway. Then after putting the car in forward, I quickly close the top camera view and press homelink screen then close my garage door. My homelink works from the street so I prefer to completely back out before closing garage door.

It’s definitely the LIDAR.
Try these: https://a.co/d/4L9Jiba
Or, if you have a 3-D printer, you can search for and find similar items that you can print yourself.
Here's a video about it:
If anyone would like the STL to print this, DM me.

I made my own on the 3-D printer.
I'm still stuck with a laser printer.
Been looking for an excuse to get a 3-D printer, though.
Seems like every other line of work, except mine, can justify the need for a 3-D printer.

I'm still stuck with a laser printer.
Been looking for an excuse to get a 3-D printer, though.
Seems like every other line of work, except mine, can justify the need for a 3-D printer.
I am certain even yours can. I haven’t met anyone whose life hasn’t been improved after the purchase of a 3d printer. I improve so much random crap around the house now lol

I am certain even yours can. I haven’t met anyone whose life hasn’t been improved after the purchase of a 3d printer. I improve so much random crap around the house now lol
Ah, as a toy guy, I'm most inclined to agree with you.
The inertia stems from my belief, which may or may not be true, that some sort of programming is necessary and I'm clueless.
I need some sort of 3-D printer guide for dummies.
Which 3-D printers should one look at?
Thanks.

The inertia stems from my belief, which may or may not be true, that some sort of programming is necessary and I'm clueless.
Thanks.
A 3D printer thread came up recently: https://lucidowners.com/threads/3d-printer.7577/
I'm not a 3D printer enthusiast, I don't want to tinker with 3D printers, I just want to print some things in 3D. I got a Bambu X1C, took it out of the box, pushed some buttons, and started printing things. No programming involved, just CAD (Fusion360 3D design tool).

Thanks.
Neither Bambu nor the Prusa MK4 are gonna require any coding at all, but the Bambu is probably more user-friendly. If you like tinkering on your own, the Prusa is almost entirely open-source, but the Bambu is technically the better printer right now. Can't go wrong with either.

And yeah, just need to learn some CAD.

Back