2.1.10 - Lost LTE Connectivity

Mine has the same issue currently. No LTE or Wifi. I have a service appointment Monday afternoon.

My only ongoing issue with the car is the unpredictable loss
of its internet signal, which results in the loss SXM. One day it will be fine and the next day the SXM will drop for a period of time only to return on its own 2-15 minutes later.

Yet during these periods of outage the signal strength, as displayed on the cockpit, wii be fine, almost always showing 3 or more bars. The indication will usually be, ‘something went wrong’ or ‘loss of internet signal, attempting to reconnect‘.

Please keep us updated as to the RCA of this connectivity issue.
They came on Thursday and were able to retrieve data from the model. They then simply unplugged the module to allow it to power down and it came back online. For now it's considered resolved but they will analyze the data and let me know if they see anything of councern that would require replacement of the module.

They came on Thursday and were able to retrieve data from the model. They then simply unplugged the module to allow it to power down and it came back online. For now it's considered resolved but they will analyze the data and let me know if they see anything of councern that would require replacement of the module.
Morgan, prior to your total loss of LTE were you getting periodic drops of SXM and internet connectivity?

Morgan, prior to your total loss of LTE were you getting periodic drops of SXM and internet connectivity?
No I wasn't. I would get the usual drop when I would leave the house as it doesn't handle wifi to LTE transition well but otherwise I had no issues. AT&T has a solid network in Dallas so I'm sure that helps.

No I wasn't. I would get the usual drop when I would leave the house as it doesn't handle wifi to LTE transition well but otherwise I had no issues. AT&T has a solid network in Dallas so I'm sure that helps.
That’s the weird thing though, my signal strength shows it’s very good when these dropouts occur.

That’s the weird thing though, my signal strength shows it’s very good when these dropouts occur.
I've noticed that the signal strength doesn't seem to always refresh or is slow to refresh so maybe it's misleading? Have you tried an Air logo reset?

I've noticed that the signal strength doesn't seem to always refresh or is slow to refresh so maybe it's misleading? Have you tried an Air logo reset?
I guess the lag is possible, but on L.I. it’s rare to find AT&T dead spots. Just did the logo reset this morning and it did come back. I’m a bit dubious that it will last, but CarPlay is my fallback position.

I guess the lag is possible, but on L.I. it’s rare to find AT&T dead spots. Just did the logo reset this morning and it did come back. I’m a bit dubious that it will last, but CarPlay is my fallback position.
Does it go offline and stay offline even overnight ? That's not normal behavior if so.

Does it go offline and stay offline even overnight ? That's not normal behavior if so.
No, I haven’t seen that behavior at night. The issue usually appears while driving during the day or at night, when all of a sudden SXM is lost for minutes or until I leave the car and return. It doesn’t even seem characteristic of the handoff from wifi to LTE that some have spoken about as you leave the house.

However, since my logo reset this morning it’s been perfect, but I’ve had perfect days before. Time will tell.

No, I haven’t seen that behavior at night. The issue usually appears while driving during the day or at night, when all of a sudden SXM is lost for minutes or until I leave the car and return. It doesn’t even seem characteristic of the handoff from wifi to LTE that some have spoken about as you leave the house.

However, since my logo reset this morning it’s been perfect, but I’ve had perfect days before. Time will tell.
That sounds very frustrating. I have noticed sometimes issues "stick" and then a reset like the logo reset takes care of it. There is also what we call "the Bobby reset" which is to log into the guest profile then back to your profile. I'm not sure if that is as useful now that there is the Air logo reset (thats sort of new) but it could still help. When I got my car my music app was stuck on FM radio. I can't remember all the particulars anymore to be honest but customer service couldn't figure it out. It was like that for the first couple of days and then I did the bobby reset and it completely fixed it never to return.

I hope that you don't experience the problem again!

Morgan, unfortunately and honestly not to my surprise, the situation recurred this morning with a loss of SXM.

It’s interesting, when I reverted to CarPlay for SXM, I didn’t get the geofenced dropdown as I approached the front gate of my community. Likewise, when I approached my garage, again there was no dropdown. Of course this was easily circumvented by manually hitting the dropdown for Homelink. I’m wondering if that’s typical or a glitch associated with CarPlay.

Morgan, unfortunately and honestly not to my surprise, the situation recurred this morning with a loss of SXM.

It’s interesting, when I reverted to CarPlay for SXM, I didn’t get the geofenced dropdown as I approached the front gate of my community. Likewise, when I approached my garage, again there was no dropdown. Of course this was easily circumvented by manually hitting the dropdown for Homelink. I’m wondering if that’s typical or a glitch associated with CarPlay.
Bummer! Do you have tidal or other streaming within the Lucid interface to test when SXM stops? Curious if it is all streaming or only SXM. Not sure about CarPlay / Homelink as I don't use CarPlay. I do know that if the LTE module is offline so is geolocating so it the garage dropdown wont present.

Bummer! Do you have tidal or other streaming within the Lucid interface to test when SXM stops? Curious if it is all streaming or only SXM. Not sure about CarPlay / Homelink as I don't use CarPlay. I do know that if the LTE module is offline so is geolocating so it the garage dropdown wont present.
Yup, generally all internet related sources, Tidal included, stops. Interesting about the LTE/geofencing link, I should have realized that. At least the manual pull-down for HomeLink still works.

As an aside, I made my first call to customer service and they told me my issue is supposedly a common one and will be addressed in a future OTA update.

Sadly, I too have the no Wi-Fi, no LTE issue. A few days after updating to 2.1.20. Texting with customer service walked me through the various reset procedures — switching to guest profile and back as well as Air logo reboot. No luck. Customer service now says I need physical service visit to fix. But even though I am local to the Scottsdale Service center, no availability for 10 days.

The services that are unavailable to me with no WiFi and no LTE: No maps or navigation. No access to the car from the Lucid App. No Highway Assist because the car does not know where it is on the map. Whenever I try to activate, it says “Highway assist unavailable in this location” or something similar. Also, of course any OTA update is a no go. I used Highway Assist every day. I really miss it. Oh well. I am surprised at how long it is taking to get the local service center appointment. I offered to bring the car to them or they could come to me to service. Made no difference. I also mentioned that I need the windshield wiper recall service. That did not get an earlier appointment either.

Sadly, I too have the no Wi-Fi, no LTE issue. A few days after updating to 2.1.20. Texting with customer service walked me through the various reset procedures — switching to guest profile and back as well as Air logo reboot. No luck. Customer service now says I need physical service visit to fix. But even though I am local to the Scottsdale Service center, no availability for 10 days.

The services that are unavailable to me with no WiFi and no LTE: No maps or navigation. No access to the car from the Lucid App. No Highway Assist because the car does not know where it is on the map. Whenever I try to activate, it says “Highway assist unavailable in this location” or something similar. Also, of course any OTA update is a no go. I used Highway Assist every day. I really miss it. Oh well. I am surprised at how long it is taking to get the local service center appointment. I offered to bring the car to them or they could come to me to service. Made no difference. I also mentioned that I need the windshield wiper recall service. That did not get an earlier appointment either.
It happened over two weeks ago. We contacted Lucid Customer Service. CS contacted the Millbrae service center. Long story short, Millbrae service center made arrangement and have our car tow from East Bay to service center. The fix was a TCU hard reset. After the TCU hard reset and confirmed functionality, service center tow the car back to our house on the same day.

It happened over two weeks ago. We contacted Lucid Customer Service. CS contacted the Millbrae service center. Long story short, Millbrae service center made arrangement and have our car tow from East Bay to service center. The fix was a TCU hard reset. After the TCU hard reset and confirmed functionality, service center tow the car back to our house on the same day.
So did you get one day service? Did you have to wait 10 days for a service appointment just to reset the TCU (whatever that is)?

So did you get one day service? Did you have to wait 10 days for a service appointment just to reset the TCU (whatever that is)?
We waited about a week for the appointment for mobile service but service center made last minute arrangements for the car to be serviced at the service center. They picked the car in the morning, performed TCU hard reset, and delivered the car back in the evening.

I’m surprised they didn’t offer mobile service for that. Two tows seems like overkill for that issue.

Edit: I see you later mentioned a 2 week wait for mobile service.

Back