2.1.10 - Lost LTE Connectivity

We waited about a week for the appointment for mobile service but service center made last minute arrangements for the car to be serviced at the service center. They picked the car in the morning, performed TCU hard reset, and delivered the car back in the evening.
Well, I feel that failure of all net connectivity Wi-Fi and LTE should be escalated. Sure I can drive the car, but so many services are knocked out by this failure.

Maps, Navigation, Highway Assist, OTA updates, Lucid app connectivity, Remote climate control, remote lock/unlock, SiriusXM, Tidal, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn, Pocket Casts.

I live a few miles from the Scottsdale service/delivery center. These problem should be handled more promptly for a $139K car in warranty. I really like my Lucid but as a premium brand you need premium customer care. If you are listening in feel free to call me.

Well, I feel that failure of all net connectivity Wi-Fi and LTE should be escalated. Sure I can drive the car, but so many services are knocked out by this failure.

Maps, Navigation, Highway Assist, OTA updates, Lucid app connectivity, Remote climate control, remote lock/unlock, SiriusXM, Tidal, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn, Pocket Casts.

I live a few miles from the Scottsdale service/delivery center. These problem should be handled more promptly for a $139K car in warranty. I really like my Lucid but as a premium brand you need premium customer care. If you are listening in feel free to call me.
I wonder what would happen if you just showed up at the service center and asked them very nicely to help. Maybe bring some donuts?

So, what you're saying is that because you spent the same $139k that the people who have been waiting for their turn at service did, you should be prioritized over them?

The whole "I spent X" argument falls apart pretty quick when every customer is spending it.

I agree loss of connectivity is a high-priority thing. If it were me scheduled for service this week for something minor, I'd be fine with them bumping me for your issue. But I don't klnow what those ten days worth of people are actually waiting on, or how long they've been waiting, so I wouldn't feel comfortable making that judgement.

So, what you're saying is that because you spent the same $139k that the people who have been waiting for their turn at service did, you should be prioritized over them?

The whole "I spent X" argument falls apart pretty quick when every customer is spending it.

I agree loss of connectivity is a high-priority thing. If it were me scheduled for service this week for something minor, I'd be fine with them bumping me for your issue. But I don't klnow what those ten days worth of people are actually waiting on, or how long they've been waiting, so I wouldn't feel comfortable making that judgement.
WRONG. Lucid is a PREIMIUM brand from Sapphire to Pure RWD. EVERY Lucid owner should have a problem this severe fixed within a FEW DAYS. Not WEEKS.

WRONG. Lucid is a PREIMIUM brand from Sapphire to Pure RWD. EVERY Lucid owner should have a problem this severe fixed within a FEW DAYS. Not WEEKS.

You know, putting things in ALL CAPS doesn't strengthen your argument.

Of course, in an ideal world, service would be taken care of for everyone in a few days. Let me know when you make it to that fantasy land. I'm still searching for it.

All car brands experience backups in service. Plenty of stories here on the forum of folks with many different brands of cars waiting months for parts, service, etc. Do a search. And those companies have been doing this for a century. Lucid has been shipping cars for 2 years.

Service has not been built out enough yet; we agree. But all caps isn't going to change that tomorrow.

In the meantime, you are an early adopter. This is part of what being an early adopter is like. We don't have to like it, but we do have to accept it as reality for the time being.

I have had many Mercedes-Benz, for over 30 years. I have had a C320 and an S600 V12 and there was no difference in the service. If I had a problem like this, I would drive it to the service center and they would fix it on the spot. No appointment. Plus a loaner car if needed and a car wash. I bought my Air GT to be sure the car was good being that I have "spent" much more than $139K on $LCID stock. As an investor, I want them to deliver SUPERIOR service to every Lucid customer.

You know, putting things in ALL CAPS doesn't strengthen your argument.

Of course, in an ideal world, service would be taken care of for everyone in a few days. Let me know when you make it to that fantasy land. I'm still searching for it.

All car brands experience backups in service. Plenty of stories here on the forum of folks with many different brands of cars waiting months for parts, service, etc. Do a search. And those companies have been doing this for a century. Lucid has been shipping cars for 2 years.

Service has not been built out enough yet; we agree. But all caps isn't going to change that tomorrow.

In the meantime, you are an early adopter. This is part of what being an early adopter is like. We don't have to like it, but we do have to accept it as reality for the time being.
I get the "early adopter" issue. Fine. I took deliver on my Air GT in May 2022. So on the early side. I have 25,000 miles on the car. This is the first issue I have had with it which is very impressive. Mercedes-Benz "live" in the shop during the first 25K miles. BUT (yes, all caps), Mercedes-Benz addresses the issues promptly, one-by-one and does not say what I was told:

I asked if I could bring the car in to the service center myself. I said I could bring it today. Answer: No. Can you provide mobile service more quickly, I am local. Answer: No. They expanded on that saying that their Scottsdale, AZ mobile service crew had to fix cars in New Mexico and Tucson, AZ this week... Ugh. Lucid needs to place more emphasis on service to achieve premium brand status. There are only so many early adopters like us.

I get the "early adopter" issue. Fine. I took deliver on my Air GT in May 2022. So on the early side. I have 25,000 miles on the car. This is the first issue I have had with it which is very impressive. Mercedes-Benz "live" in the shop during the first 25K miles. BUT (yes, all caps), Mercedes-Benz addresses the issues promptly, one-by-one and does not say what I was told:

I asked if I could bring the car in to the service center myself. I said I could bring it today. Answer: No. Can you provide mobile service more quickly, I am local. Answer: No. They expanded on that saying that their Scottsdale, AZ mobile service crew had to fix cars in New Mexico and Tucson, AZ this week... Ugh. Lucid needs to place more emphasis on service to achieve premium brand status. There are only so many early adopters like us.
I'm in Colorado. Beleive me, I get it. We don't have a service center here. My car spent four weeks in the little garage they rent here to replace the silicon pads on my frunk.

But I have seen a marked improvement just in the last few months. And from all my communications with Lucid, they get it. It's just not something they can fix in a few months. Especially when sales are not anywhere near where they wanted to be at this point. Still a lot of chicken and egg going on.

Training new techs alone takes months for this car.

We'll see where they are in a year. I doubt it'll be great at that point, but it should be at least better.

I'm in Colorado. Beleive me, I get it. We don't have a service center here. My car spent four weeks in the little garage they rent here to replace the silicon pads on my frunk.

But I have seen a marked improvement just in the last few months. And from all my communications with Lucid, they get it. It's just not something they can fix in a few months. Especially when sales are not anywhere near where they wanted to be at this point. Still a lot of chicken and egg going on.

Training new techs alone takes months for this car.

We'll see where they are in a year. I doubt it'll be great at that point, but it should be at least better.
I hope you are correct. I am very bullish on the Lucid Air as a car and Lucid as a major EV player in the future as they ramp up their line up. I saw 2 white Lucids a few min apart on my way to the office today. I will sure help to have more cars on the road to convince potential buyers to purchase.

Back