Connectivity

roKapl99

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
I live in a Condo which has underground parking. My touring is connected to the wifi in the garage. When I am not in the garage and connected to a different network the Lucid app just says Waking up vehicle. However if the car is charging I do get connected to the car. I am currently away for several weeks and have left the car plugged in. When it is charging I can connect to the car but when it is not charging I get the Waking up vehicle message. Anyone have any idea why I don't get connected if the car is not charging?

I live in a Condo which has underground parking. My touring is connected to the wifi in the garage. When I am not in the garage and connected to a different network the Lucid app just says Waking up vehicle. However if the car is charging I do get connected to the car. I am currently away for several weeks and have left the car plugged in. When it is charging I can connect to the car but when it is not charging I get the Waking up vehicle message. Anyone have any idea why I don't get connected if the car is not charging?
Are you waiting for the car to wake up?

The message says it can take up to 30 seconds. I find sometimes it takes a bit longer than that.

From earlier threads about this, someone who seems to be a Lucid insider said that the remote control communications are all done via cellular. Enabling wifi all the time would add too much vampire drain. When I look at my wifi logs, it seems the car connects when it's on, or connects every few hours then disconnects after a minute. I'm not sure why they would design it like this, I know for a fact my wife's Model S is always connected at home and there's not much vampire drain at all.

Found the thread:

Last edited:
From earlier threads about this, someone who seems to be a Lucid insider said that the remote control communications are all done via cellular. Enabling wifi all the time would add too much vampire drain. When I look at my wifi logs, it seems the car connects when it's on, or connects every few hours then disconnects after a minute. I'm not sure why they would design it like this, I know for a fact my wife's Model S is always connected at home and there's not much vampire drain at all.
Just because someone is a "Lucid Insider" does not mean that always have the correct information. I doubt there is anyone at Lucid that has in depth understanding of every system in the car. They will likely know some systems very well and others not so much. Like many things on the internet, don't trust everything written here. Look for other sources to confirm. I think that this is the reason Lucid discourages most employees from posting on this forum. The voice of the customer people post regularly but usually do not provide technical answers. They help solve customer problems.

Found the thread:
That was nonsense. You can absolutely wake the car with just Bluetooth.

That was nonsense. You can absolutely wake the car with just Bluetooth.
I mean remotely, not with the bluetooth key.
Just because someone is a "Lucid Insider" does not mean that always have the correct information. I doubt there is anyone at Lucid that has in depth understanding of every system in the car. They will likely know some systems very well and others not so much. Like many things on the internet, don't trust everything written here. Look for other sources to confirm. I think that this is the reason Lucid discourages most employees from posting on this forum. The voice of the customer people post regularly but usually do not provide technical answers. They help solve customer problems.
I don't know if he's really an insider, but from my own logs of the car connecting to wifi, it tracks that remote control is all over cellular. If you read his other posts, he seems to bring up things that nobody knew before, like the infotainment-only reset and the double tap to shut off the pilot panel.

If someone is in an area of low/no cell access, I'm guessing the remote-wake up functions won't work. Is it using SMS? Hopefully not because that would be weird and potentially a security problem.

I am doubting that my Touring is using cellular when parked in my condo's garage since the cellular signal is just about non-existent in the garage. Prior to installing wifi in the garage I couldn't make a phone call or text when I was in the garage.

I mean remotely, not with the bluetooth key.

I don't know if he's really an insider, but from my own logs of the car connecting to wifi, it tracks that remote control is all over cellular. If you read his other posts, he seems to bring up things that nobody knew before, like the infotainment-only reset and the double tap to shut off the pilot panel.

If someone is in an area of low/no cell access, I'm guessing the remote-wake up functions won't work. Is it using SMS? Hopefully not because that would be weird and potentially a security problem.
Oh, sure, I’d believe that the cloud only wakes it up with cellular; I do not believe that it sends an SMS lol

It does. A very special SMS.
Lol okay. To be clear, this is only for cloud waking, correct? Mobile key has nothing to do with that and works exclusively over Bluetooth, yes?

Is there any connectivity over wifi or does the Air only connect to the app using Bluetooth or cellular?

I am unable to search for addresses in the profile settings to add home or work. The message "unable to connect to the internet" appears even when I am connected to my Wi-Fi. Anyone else having this issue?
IMG-2845.jpg
IMG-2846.jpg

I am unable to search for addresses in the profile settings to add home or work. The message "unable to connect to the internet" appears even when I am connected to my Wi-Fi. Anyone else having this issue? View attachment 11988View attachment 11990
Yep. I have this problem since I took delivery on Thursday. I updated my software twice since but no dice. Customer Care forwarded my issue to software guys, but haven't heard back yet. Also having issues waking the car from the app and using mobile key.

Reactions: Plg
I am unable to search for addresses in the profile settings to add home or work. The message "unable to connect to the internet" appears even when I am connected to my Wi-Fi. Anyone else having this issue? View attachment 11988View attachment 11990
Are you able to connect to the Internet via the cellular network?

Are you able to connect to the Internet via the cellular network?
There is poor cell coverage in our surrounding area. I tried searching in an area with good cell reception and got the same message.

I have issues with the car waking up as well. My car has had charging issues from day one. For about 2 weeks after installing the software update that gave us the ability to charge at a set 12 hour time, the car actually charged on its own. After the very next update, it quit charging on its own. I turned off the charge at midnight and it did charge on its own, once. We left town and of course for the past 2 weeks, the car will not wake up. It sent a charge error message once a day requesting that I “unplug the cord and plug in again” message. I had someone attempt to do that for me. The could not unplug the cord, and I can’t get the car to wake up to request the car stop charging so that the cord can be unplugged. They did reset my Juice Box charger for me. The app indicates it is plugged in and ready to charge. I have phoned CS, they are nice and polite as always, but did not have any answers for why my car won’t wake up or charge. Yes, I have internet in the garage and it was confirmed to be working.

It is a nice car, however, my particular car is more trouble than it is worth. So many parts of the car are unreliable. The charging has been a disaster from day one and continues to be unrelIable. The the nav is always hit and miss as to when it will work, as for the cameras my blood pressure goes up even thinking about the unreliability of them. I wish LUCID would simply fix the software issues so that the cars just work reliably to drive and charge. Period. If they could get to that point, then worry about enhancing other features.

Back