Questions About OTA Update Process

Buffalo Bob

Verified Owner
Cars
Pure AWD, SC430, Hghlndr
Referral Code
CVXJ7QLE
Perhaps someone can explain to me how the download process is supposed to work... My Lucid Air is parked in the lower level of a condominium garage. It is connected to the garage's wi-fi service, which is strong, but the chances are that the car's SIM card won't be getting a signal down there. So, say that Lucid sends the update to my car, but I am out of town with the car parked down there. Will the update somehow 'wake' my car via the wi-fi and proceed with the download, or will it not happen until I get around to waking the car myself, whether from home or afar? If it's the latter, and I wake the car myself from afar, will I get then the update via wi-fi, or will it not happen until I have the car out and about such that the car's SIM card gets a clear signal for long enough to download? For all I know, Lucid has been trying to send me 2.1.47, but I have not had the car in the right place at the right time to get it. Thanks!

The Lucid will download updates if you have signal via WiFi or cellular. Since you are hooked up to the garage WiFi I think you are fine. They did say this 47 update is rolling out and should hit everyone by the end of the year so there is still a few days left.

Thanks. One follow-up question... Will I automatically get a push notification that I have received the update once it completes, or won't I get notified until I 'wake' the car from home or afar?

You should get a notification that an update is ready to be installed and after it finishes as well.

One additional point to answer your original questions. The car does not have to be "awake" to receive the OTA update, but you will have to wake it up to actually install it. As Hydbob stated your app should show you have an OTA Update ready to install and this can be done remotely via the App.

My car wakes up by itself every few hours to upload and download stuff. OTA updates make up part of what is downloaded.

Thanks. One follow-up question... Will I automatically get a push notification that I have received the update once it completes, or won't I get notified until I 'wake' the car from home or afar?
I was out of the country for both .43 and .47 updates. The app notified me that both updates were available for installation and I installed both via the app while away from home. About the only time I thought about the car was when we were being driven around and thinking “I would never drive my Air here”. Don’t be alarmed if you don’t get the notification that the update completed…there’s been a couple where I had to check in the car what the current release is because I didn’t get the completion notification.

Back