Not connecting to home internet

DanHi

Cars
2023 Air Pure
What is the downside of not connecting the car to your home internet ? When I first pull out of the garage alexa tells me it can't connect to the internet, so it can't run my close garage routine, but after I've pulled away from the house then it can connect and it works.

So when you pull out of your garage, it has to transition from WiFi to cellular immediately, so your garage door closure is inoperable for a minute?
As you pointed out, you don't have to connect to WiFi. Your updates will probably be slower on cellular only but I can't think of much else🤔

I think I'll try that and see. Since I would hope the update would happen at night, I wouldn't care about the speed. Do you know if you get any advance warning of an upcoming update? if so, I could turn wireless back on for that.

I think I'll try that and see. Since I would hope the update would happen at night, I wouldn't care about the speed. Do you know if you get any advance warning of an upcoming update? if so, I could turn wireless back on for that.
You don't get any notice of an update until it is already downloaded. It won't actually apply until you tell it to though, so you can push that button whenever you'd like. Unless you have terrible AT&T service where you park the car, just don't worry about it.

Back