How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cg
I'm in Northern Virgina, my commute is roughly 12 miles. Half of which is stop and go. The temps have been 30s and 40s since I picked up the car(touring) for the most part. I'm seeing 3.3-3.5 typically. If I do longer highway drives at 70-80 I can get over 4 if I keep it steady. As others have said, the stop and go traffic has been the obstacle to higher efficiencies.
This is really promising. What size wheels do you have? I put the aero covers back on my 19s and my efficiency increased to 3.4-3.5 mi/kwh. I drive about 20 miles each way on suburban roads with traffic lights. These numbers are in the recent temps that are around 50F here in NJ within the last week. Hoping it'll be closer to 4 mi/kWh if I decide to take a trip somewhere and do mostly highway driving.

Cg

This is really promising. What size wheels do you have? I put the aero covers back on my 19s and my efficiency increased to 3.4-3.5 mi/kwh. I drive about 20 miles each way on suburban roads with traffic lights. These numbers are in the recent temps that are around 50F here in NJ within the last week. Hoping it'll be closer to 4 mi/kWh if I decide to take a trip somewhere and do mostly highway driving.
I have the 19 inch wheels. I have the aero covers on still, at least till it warms up some, or when I take a longer drive. What were you getting without the aero covers?

I have the 19 inch wheels. I have the aero covers on still, at least till it warms up some, or when I take a longer drive. What were you getting without the aero covers?
2.8-3.0 without the aero covers

2.8-3.0 without the aero covers
Wow, I didn't imagine it would be that significant. I'm excited to see what's going to be possible in the spring and summer on my cross country drives.

Wow, I didn't imagine it would be that significant. I'm excited to see what's going to be possible in the spring and summer on my cross country drives.
At least I think that's how much it was then. It was also colder when I first got my car so I think that played a role too.

At least I think that's how much it was then. It was also colder when I first got my car so I think that played a role too.
There are a ton of factors, true. I have to say I'm pretty happy with what I'm seeing so far. My previous car was a plug in hybrid and my all electric range would plummet in the winter. So I was pretty much expecting the cold to be taxing.

Under-inflated tires can also lead to blowout. The Ford and Firestones disaster was due to underinflation.
What are you targeting for your tire pressure? Wondering if I should leave mine as is, which is now the following (20+ minutes of driving - e.g. "warm" reading):
Left (F/R): 46, 48
Right (F/R): 48, 48

What are you targeting for your tire pressure? Wondering if I should leave mine as is, which is now the following (20+ minutes of driving - e.g. "warm" reading):
Left (F/R): 46, 48
Right (F/R): 48, 48
Mine are 20 inch tires and I keep them at 42 psi, which is what Lucid recommends.
I check the pressure when the tires are cold, i.e. after parking for 1 hour or so in the garage. Pump them up as needed with my inflator.
BTW, the Milwaukee inflator is the best that I’ve come across.

Mine are 20 inch tires and I keep them at 42 psi, which is what Lucid recommends.
I check the pressure when the tires are cold, i.e. after parking for 1 hour or so in the garage. Pump them up as needed with my inflator.
Which Milwaukee inflator are you using?

Which Milwaukee inflator are you using?
I've "collected" about half a dozen portable inflators over the years, and this one is the best.
Very powerful. Not too noisy.
The only disadvantage is the big size (and cost)
Wish I had bought it right at the beginning and skipped all the cheaper ones.
With the EV tires requiring such high pressure, I suspect the less robust inflators would have to work harder and may not last as long.

I've "collected" about half a dozen portable inflators over the years, and this one is the best.
With the EV tires requiring such high pressure, I suspect the less robust inflators would have to work harder and may not last as long.
Is there a specific reason you chose to go with a cordless inflator or was it the best inflator overall and it just happened to be cordless?

I was thinking the same. The most recent of the inflators I've had over the years had trouble getting to the 39psi for my Volvo. I'll definitely take a good long look at that over. Thanks!!

Is there a specific reason you chose to go with a cordless inflator or was it the best inflator overall and it just happened to be cordless?
If you include the corded inflators, this one is still one of the best overall in my view, and happens to be cordless.
Plus I have the battery already for other power tools.
When space permits, I tend to take one along for long distance trips and the cordless feature is good for this purpose.

I rechecked today and mine, cold are
Left (F/R): 44, 46
Right (F/R): 46, 46

So, 2lbs per tire less psi when cold. It sounds like I should reduce the air pressure further on all tires.

I rechecked today and mine, cold are
Left (F/R): 44, 46
Right (F/R): 46, 46

So, 2lbs per tire less psi when cold. It sounds like I should reduce the air pressure further on all tires.
I assume you have 20" tires.
If your tires are different size, the label on the driver's door jamb would specify the correct pressure.
I wish Lucid would have a way of showing the pressure when the car's parked. That's when we have access to our garage tools.
Other car manufacturers have this info, as well as the m/kW., in their app.

I assume you have 20" tires.
If your tires are different size, the label on the driver's door jamb would specify the correct pressure.
I wish Lucid would have a way of showing the pressure when the car's parked. That's when we have access to our garage tools.
Other car manufacturers have this info, as well as the m/kW., in their app.
Yep 20" tires

If you include the corded inflators, this one is still one of the best overall in my view, and happens to be cordless.
Plus I have the battery already for other power tools.
When space permits, I tend to take one along for long distance trips and the cordless feature is good for this purpose.
Just purchased the Milwaukee inflator. Had a moment of disappointment that it didn’t include a battery, until I realized it uses the standard M18 battery that my Drill and Driver use. Already had two of those plus a charger, anyway.

It’s a bit bulkier than I’d like. But if it works consistently, I’ll be very pleased to not have to deal with the super long cable I’d need to reach the trunk from the front driver’s side tire.

Just purchased the Milwaukee inflator. Had a moment of disappointment that it didn’t include a battery, until I realized it uses the standard M18 battery that my Drill and Driver use. Already had two of those plus a charger, anyway.

It’s a bit bulkier than I’d like. But if it works consistently, I’ll be very pleased to not have to deal with the super long cable I’d need to reach the trunk from the front driver’s side tire.
Have had it for only a couple of months and so far no problem.
Agree it’s kind of big, but the darn thing is so powerful.
I was told this is the model that some professional mobile service uses. Forgot if it‘s AAA or one of those dealership things.

Have had it for only a couple of months and so far no problem.
Agree it’s kind of big, but the darn thing is so powerful.
I was told this is the model that some professional mobile service uses. Forgot if was AAA or one of those dealership things.
I'm 80% sure that's what Lucid Mobile has in their vans.

Back