How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
close to 900 miles on 19 inch touring so far, I don’t have the aero on and driving in NJ with temperatures averaging in the the 30’s . I seem to be stuck at 3.2 and averaging about 62% on the estimated range . Most of the driving was on smooth and around 500 of these miles were highway driving at 75 miles an hour

Planning to put the aero back on next week and see if that helps. Hopefully after 2500 miles of driving and warmer weather the range improves.

Attachments

• 626823D3-3F92-46D7-A7EF-72554A2A14B2.jpeg
    626823D3-3F92-46D7-A7EF-72554A2A14B2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
close to 900 miles on 19 inch touring so far, I don’t have the aero on and driving in NJ with temperatures averaging in the the 30’s . I seem to be stuck at 3.2 and averaging about 62% on the estimated range . Most of the driving was on smooth and around 500 of these miles were highway driving at 75 miles an hour

Planning to put the aero back on next week and see if that helps. Hopefully after 2500 miles of driving and warmer weather the range improves.
Your range is mostly reduced by your climate. I am driving thru Arizona and New Mexico, these dessert cold winter have been reducing greatly.

I’ve been getting 1.4~1.7 mi/kWh on R1S, even with long stretch of downhill elevation without using much accelerator, I only saw 2.4 mi/kWh. I’m an AGT owner myself, cold weather is the #1 taxman to the range.
7B9089D7-FB90-4669-9ECC-C2F9F5EE4712.jpeg

Your range is mostly reduced by your climate. I am driving thru Arizona and New Mexico, these dessert cold winter have been reducing greatly.

I’ve been getting 1.4~1.7 mi/kWh on R1S, even with long stretch of downhill elevation without using much accelerator, I only saw 2.4 mi/kWh. I’m an AGT owner myself, cold weather is the #1 taxman to the range.
View attachment 9056
Thank you! Wasn't too worried but knowing that other have similar range helps confirm there is nothing wrong with my batteries. Looking forward to warmer weather and check how much improvement I get. Until then hopefully the aero wheels can add a few more miles of range

Great to read about your R1S experience and hope you are having great time driving two really good cars

Interestingly..when I first charged to 100%, the range shown was above the EPA estimate. I’m getting about 80% of that, so I’m pretty happy.

Attachments

• F453108A-00DC-4445-AC00-CF8B61991C8C.jpeg
    F453108A-00DC-4445-AC00-CF8B61991C8C.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 78
My Service Manager advised me to keep the HVAC on Auto which improved my range on the same 75-mile trip back from the service center by 18% to 3.2 miles/kWh in 35-degree weather. The return trip was a gradual increase in elevation so I expect better on flatter terrain. I had averaged 3.5 until the cold weather arrived in late Nov, but it dropped to the low to mid 2's until I switched to Auto yesterday.

Touring / 20" with aero blades
50 degrees

I am at 3.4 m/kW lifetime with 200 miles. Besides the below trip, rarely on highway.
I had a 45 mile round trip and had a 3.8 m/kW. That is 50 degrees, plus plenty of elevation change (Las Vegas), and "fun" highway driving (70-85mph), with reasonably strong acceleration, definitely not going for efficiency.
What is the tire pressure? Front and back

I experimented by driving with HVAC off for a short trip. My usual local errands with a couple of stops and never went above 45 mph in 40-degree weather on level terrain. Normally this trip would be below 2 miles/kwh but with the heat off I got 4.5 miles/kWh. I may experiment on a longer, highway trip when the temperature rises a bit. FWIW, I do not want to drive in freezing temperatures with just the seat and steering wheel heaters on, which I gather use the 12V power that has been recommended to conserve power. There is no reason not to get around 4 or more in temperate climates if the range is critical and one can stay comfortable with no or limited cabin heat.

Attachments

• IMG_3945.jpeg
    IMG_3945.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 55
I experimented by driving with HVAC off for a short trip. My usual local errands with a couple of stops and never went above 45 mph in 40-degree weather on level terrain. Normally this trip would be below 2 miles/kwh but with the heat off I got 4.5 miles/kWh. I may experiment on a longer, highway trip when the temperature rises a bit. FWIW, I do not want to drive in freezing temperatures with just the seat and steering wheel heaters on, which I gather use the 12V power that has been recommended to conserve power. There is no reason not to get around 4 or more in temperate climates if the range is critical and one can stay comfortable with no or limited cabin heat.
That was my experience as well. One day when I conditioned the car while it was charging then turned the heat off before I was ready to leave. I didn't realize it turned it off period. I got close to 5 mi/kW before I figured out I was cold lol.

How is this even possible? Lucid's computer is screwing around i guess.
I drive pretty hard, sometimes very hard, averaging 2.6 - 2.7 on 200 miles, 4 days a week, both ways. Sprint mode on highways and smooth in the City.
I don't expect too much having AGT-P and carrying spare tire in the frunk.
I never, almost never, watch stats and i don't understand members here being so fixiated on miles/kWh.
Driver the damn car and enjoy it to the fullest.

Attachments

• 20230128_155954.jpg
    20230128_155954.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 102

This is right about where you should be , give or take a bit. There seems to be a somewhat linear relationship between temperature and range, and the loss of range seems to be quite consistent throughout this forum.
There have been a few stretches where I was in the lower 2s , but it was really cold.
Last 700 miles here I am at 2.7 average, but it’s consistently very cold , and roads are snow packed. Pretty happy with it really , all things considered. Your numbers will improve as spring takes hold.

Reactions: ksn
I drive pretty hard, sometimes very hard, averaging 2.6 - 2.7 on 200 miles, 4 days a week, both ways. Sprint mode on highways and smooth in the City.
I never, almost never, watch stats and i don't understand members here being so fixiated on miles/kWh.
I had the same thing! A keycard reset solved it.

IMG_3375.JPG

I agree with the thought...another version of drive it like you hate it. My one caveat is that one needs to get a handle on miles/kwh for longer trips where there will have to be charging involved. So on my car I usually drive it like I hate it (occasionally I will be early for an appointment and will just cruise on down) but I do check the efficiency at the end. Once I know that I have a good handle on how efficient it is in various modes (comfort, sport) and conditions I will probably stop checking it.

This thread is about range.

First 300 Miles, 200 Highway, 100 city. Diving style: use power when needed. Love the car. Average to date: 3.1

I am in Boston area and curious to hear what folks around Boston, colder regions are seeing in mi/kWh. I drive a Model S 100D and while range is 335, I get around 220 max these days- I tend to drive fast on highways 75+. Any perspectives would be helpful in mi/kWh in colder climate below 30F.

Back