How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I only drove air pure awd 600 miles 50% highway 5 to 10 over the limit and 50% city 5 over the limit basically like most of do with normal acceleration and gradually braking max regen smooth mode in ambient temp 50 to 65 light wind mild slopes in SF bay area. I averaged 3.6 miles per KWh. Given the battery is 93kwh, the range is 335miles. However we never drive down to zero. Assume 10%. That is 300 miles 100% to 10%. Note that due to the mild weather the AC was set to 68 and really did not work hard. The epa range is 415 miles. Basically discount by 20%. In harsh weather hot or cold and heavy slopes, I will assume 70% of epa range. 290 miles if I am reasonable in heating or cooling and taking it easy on major inclines in the road.

I only drove air pure awd 600 miles 50% highway 5 to 10 over the limit and 50% city 5 over the limit basically like most of do with normal acceleration and gradually braking max regen smooth mode in ambient temp 50 to 65 light wind mild slopes in SF bay area. I averaged 3.6 miles per KWh. Given the battery is 93kwh, the range is 335miles. However we never drive down to zero. Assume 10%. That is 300 miles 100% to 10%. Note that due to the mild weather the AC was set to 68 and really did not work hard. The epa range is 415 miles. Basically discount by 20%. In harsh weather hot or cold and heavy slopes, I will assume 70% of epa range. 290 miles if I am reasonable in heating or cooling and taking it easy on major inclines in the road.
How do you find the ride and interiors of Pure? I have a touring booked and it only gives slightly more range, albeit a bit better interiors.

How do you find the ride and interiors of Pure? I have a touring booked and it only gives slightly more range, albeit a bit better interiors.
Absolutely no complaints about the ride and the quality of the interior. Too much acceleration than what I need. That said if you like glass roof and don't need the extra range, touring probably works for you.

Mine is 42 and that is what I see in the car as the recommended pressure for 20’’ wheels. Wondering should I increase it
I have been reducing my tire pressure since my post, as one of my tires after warming up was at 50, which is the max rated pressure for the 20". I am targeting 42 as a low for "cold" and no more than 47 after warmed. I am willing to trade-off m/kWh to avoid a blowout.

One other thing I noticed and that was I am able to improve on the m/kWh numbers since my post by changing the regenerative braking from normal to high. I just started that yesterday and so will continue to monitor.

I have been reducing my tire pressure since my post, as one of my tires after warming up was at 50, which is the max rated pressure for the 20". I am targeting 42 as a low for "cold" and no more than 47 after warmed. I am willing to trade-off m/kWh to avoid a blowout.

One other thing I noticed and that was I am able to improve on the m/kWh numbers since my post by changing the regenerative braking from normal to high. I just started that yesterday and so will continue to monitor.
50 is the max cold pressure. The 19s have a recommended pressure of 49 so it regularly gets to 54 warm.

Under-inflated tires can also lead to blowout. The Ford and Firestones disaster was due to underinflation.

I have a Air Touring 19" without wheel cap, driven 1400 miles so far in Maryland and I have been consistently getting about 2.2 mi/hWh.
I am in smooth mode 99% of the time, mostly short trips.
Not very impressed with the efficiency so far, concerned about maybe something is wrong with my car?
Contacted Lucid about this and no response so far.

I have a Air Touring 19" without wheel cap, driven 1400 miles so far in Maryland and I have been consistently getting about 2.2 mi/hWh.
Not very impressed with the efficiency so far, concerned about maybe something is wrong with my car?
It’s winter. I assume it’s very cold in Maryland. And it’s been documented that short trips for the Air are the worst on efficiency. It does much better at constant speed on highways, not stop and go since it’s such a heavy vehicle. Combine that with freezing temps that require use of the resistance heater and it’s a recipe for low mi/kWh. Lucid will also tell you efficiency after ~2500 miles (not sure if that’s true, but that’s what they say). Check your tire pressures as well, but I’d say welcome to winter EV usage, and see how it does not only under warmer temps, but 55-70 mph speeds. I’m not saying something isn’t wrong with your car, but you have taken delivery at the worst time for efficiency.

It’s winter. I assume it’s very cold in Maryland. And it’s been documented that short trips for the Air are the worst on efficiency. It does much better at constant speed on highways, not stop and go since it’s such a heavy vehicle. Combine that with freezing temps that require use of the resistance heater and it’s a recipe for low mi/kWh. Lucid will also tell you efficiency after ~2500 miles (not sure if that’s true, but that’s what they say). Check your tire pressures as well, but I’d say welcome to winter EV usage, and see how it does not only under warmer temps, but 55-70 mph speeds. I’m not saying something isn’t wrong with your car, but you have taken delivery at the worst time for efficiency.
Thanks for the feedback, I understand all the different variables that would reduce the range, but the difference seems to be really big.
Based on the advertised range of 425 for Touring, in the ideal situation, I would get 425mi / 88 kWh = 4.8 mi/kWh
Right now in MD, it's about 35-50 degrees, with my daily short trips (less than 15 miles), 2.2mi/kWh is not even 50% of the advertised range.
I have a road trip coming up in April driving from MD to Key West. Hopefully I will see a much Improved range then.

Thanks for the feedback, I understand all the different variables that would reduce the range, but the difference seems to be really big.
Based on the advertised range of 425 for Touring, in the ideal situation, I would get 425mi / 88 kWh = 4.8 mi/kWh
Right now in MD, it's about 35-50 degrees, with my daily short trips (less than 15 miles), 2.2mi/kWh is not even 50% of the advertised range.
I have a road trip coming up in April driving from MD to Key West. Hopefully I will see a much Improved range then.
Touring has a 92 kWh pack (I thought?), so ~ 4.6 mi/kWh. I understand your dilemma, I have found winter to be tough on the car and I live in Northern California. In the summer I was averaging 4.2 mi/kWh in my 19” AGT, in the winter I’m seeing ~3.5 sometimes as low as 3.2.
I’d imagine in April you will get a big improvement depending on your weather conditions!

You might try keeping the HVAC in Auto. That is what my Service Manager told me last week. I got only 2.7 miles/kWh on the 70-mile drive to the SC but with the heat in Auto had an immediate improvement of 18% to 3.2 miles/kWh on the return trip from the service center last week. 40-degree temperatures and mostly highway at ~65 mph.

I love to drive the AGT and am not obsessive about range but since we confront cold temperature efficiency loss there is no reason not to go for the optimal energy use of these truly incredible cars. FWIW, try turning the HVAC off and using the seat and steering wheel heaters that are powered by the 12V battery to see the difference that HVAC makes for efficiency. I have been getting 4+ miles/kWh on those experimental short trips and my car's computer calculations are correct or at the very least consistent. (See my post about this experiment above.)

I have 19” wheels and I’m in Chicago where it’s colder and I’m averaging 2.9. I’m driving flat terrain and doing mostly highway speeds (65to 80). Also have ther heater on 73 with seat and steering wheel warmer on most of the time. Make sure you’re looking at the trip A or B and not from last charge since that takes into account idle usage as others have noted here.

I am hearing from a lot of owners that they are getting no where near the estimated range published on the Lucid Motors site. I know this is not uncommon of any EV, including Tesla. But I am curious what range you are actually getting with your "normal" driving - however you normally drive.
So cold here, 60% is best I can do. Same was true of my Teslas.

I'm in Northern Virgina, my commute is roughly 12 miles. Half of which is stop and go. The temps have been 30s and 40s since I picked up the car(touring) for the most part. I'm seeing 3.3-3.5 typically. If I do longer highway drives at 70-80 I can get over 4 if I keep it steady. As others have said, the stop and go traffic has been the obstacle to higher efficiencies.

I'm in Northern Virgina, my commute is roughly 12 miles. Half of which is stop and go. The temps have been 30s and 40s since I picked up the car(touring) for the most part. I'm seeing 3.3-3.5 typically. If I do longer highway drives at 70-80 I can get over 4 if I keep it steady. As others have said, the stop and go traffic has been the obstacle to higher efficiencies.
Aside cold weather, stop and go traffic sucks for efficiency. I got 1.4 mi/kWh in LA with Rivian R1S on average of 20 mph.

~1.8 mi/kWh

If I’m lucky going downhill, ~2.6 mi/kWh.
It does the trucky stuff really well though! I'm looking forward to my first long drive. I think a drive to Philly should be long enough figure what it's real world characteristics will be. 🤞

43F outside, 22” All Season street tires
1.16 mi/kWh, 54% of EPA
Lucid wins!
891776F9-16A9-40B5-9D2C-A22F1BB7876F.jpeg

15D75E79-7B4F-460C-961F-836D61E39995.jpeg

The worst enemy of efficiency seems to be bad weather.

Back