Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DA told me not to pay until the car was done with PDI and ready for pick-up/delivery. In the purchase agreement, I believe it states that you have 7 days from when it's ready to take possession, or Lucid reserves the right to sell the car to someone else. I'm sure they'd work with your if there were extenuating circumstances, but ymmv.
I was ready to take the car any time within the 4-6 month delivery timeline which ended in March. I was also able to take delivery within their post-VIN delivery window which has also ended. I don’t think Licid has much ground to stand on to demand I take delivery within 7 days after they say it’s ready. I delayed trips to make sure I could meet their delivery timelines.at this point they have not communicated anything on when to expect completion or what is the nature of the Delays. I’m sorry if I am no longer ready to pick up when the car is ready. My life does not revolve around them.

I was ready to take the car any time within the 4-6 month delivery timeline which ended in March. I was also able to take delivery within their post-VIN delivery window which has also ended. I don’t think Licid has much ground to stand on to demand I take delivery within 7 days after they say it’s ready. I delayed trips to make sure I could meet their delivery timelines.at this point they have not communicated anything on when to expect completion or what is the nature of the Delays. I’m sorry if I am no longer ready to pick up when the car is ready. My life does not revolve around them.

I am frustrated for you. I’m so sorry.

My own DA reached out to me yesterday, unscheduled and completely unexpected. My telephone appointment with him wasn’t to be until next week, so I thought it very proactive on his part.

I have no VIN assigned yet, and my DA ventured to estimate an August-September delivery time. I shall just have to see. I shall hope that my DA, or anyone else associated with LUCID doesn’t disappear on me, or ghost me, the way they have you.

My own DA reached out to me yesterday, unscheduled and completely unexpected. My telephone appointment with him wasn’t to be until next week, so I thought it very proactive on his part.

I have no VIN assigned yet, and my DA ventured to estimate an August-September delivery time. I shall just have to see. I shall hope that my DA, or anyone else associated with LUCID doesn’t disappear on me, or ghost me, the way they have you.
I certainly felt that I had been ghosted by my DA. Last Friday the assistant manager for the DAs called me, per my request. We spoke in length about the issues of the instructions my DA provided me that placed me in an awkward predicament. Quickly to rehash - The DA asked me to get a loan the day my VIN was assigned, then asked me to pay my portion the same day, committed the car would be ready before the loan approval expired. I did everything he asked me to do. The loan expired. I reapplied with another bank and got approved. Still no delivery date. I am on day 56 since VIN assignment.

The assistant manager committed that he would give me an email with all his contact information by the following day (Saturday 6/4) and told me I have been assigned a new DA that is located in my region (East coast) and that DA would reach out to me early next week.

So far, I have waited and finally sent an email to the assistant manager (guessing his email address since he did not provide it to me) with my concerns.

Their communications skills need work.

I certainly felt that I had been ghosted by my DA. Last Friday the assistant manager for the DAs called me, per my request. We spoke in length about the issues of the instructions my DA provided me that placed me in an awkward predicament. Quickly to rehash - The DA asked me to get a loan the day my VIN was assigned, then asked me to pay my portion the same day, committed the car would be ready before the loan approval expired. I did everything he asked me to do. The loan expired. I reapplied with another bank and got approved. Still no delivery date. I am on day 56 since VIN assignment.

The assistant manager committed that he would give me an email with all his contact information by the following day (Saturday 6/4) and told me I have been assigned a new DA that is located in my region (East coast) and that DA would reach out to me early next week.

So far, I have waited and finally sent an email to the assistant manager (guessing his email address since he did not provide it to me) with my concerns.

I'm noticing a lot of this information just flat out isn't being given to DAs and they're in a very similar boat to us. Frankly, I would have expected to see some trickling effect of this improving but honestly haven't. That's a concerning factor on my end. I'm test driving a car this weekend considering my delivery date was/is supposed to be the middle of this month. Honestly need a reminder of the experience 😔

It's frustrating to see people are still having issues with DA's and getting told different stories based on who you get. When I spoke to one of the executives at Lucid they agreed that the communication to customers needs to be improved and DA's need to be consistent with the messaging. 2 to 3 months on it doesn't seem to be improving at all but getting worse. I don't blame the DA's for this as clearly it's appearing to be an upper management problem. If Lucid can't get its act together then I don't have high hopes of them succeeding at this point. communication issues, software issues, production ramp up issues and all those unfinished cars on the lot is concerning. You can't trust what Peter is saying because according to him, everything is just peachy and they've got the best car in the world. Elon must be laughing!

Are the unwrapped ones pending inspection?
They're either pending inspection or missing something. That's a lot of build up though for inspections so I would assume similar to when we saw Dreams piling up that something is missing from them.

It's frustrating to see people are still having issues with DA's and getting told different stories based on who you get. When I spoke to one of the executives at Lucid they agreed that the communication to customers needs to be improved and DA's need to be consistent with the messaging. 2 to 3 months on it doesn't seem to be improving at all but getting worse. I don't blame the DA's for this as clearly it's appearing to be an upper management problem. If Lucid can't get its act together then I don't have high hopes of them succeeding at this point. communication issues, software issues, production ramp up issues and all those unfinished cars on the lot is concerning. You can't trust what Peter is saying because according to him, everything is just peachy and they've got the best car in the world. Elon must be laughing!
This is where my concern is as well... and I won't lie.. it's tempting to go in a Porsche/Tesla/Rivian direction if this isn't going to visibly change for customers over a month or so. The very first step is the stakeholders meeting today. Tell us how this is going to be addressed and acknowledge it's an issue...

Regardless of what they offer, Rivian has been _very_ transparent on all of their problems for customers. It doesn't mean they're doing a great job across the board, but you can see progress.

Last edited:
Received an email from my DA today saying he had good news for me. My GT has officially started production. I should receive my VIN in 4-6 weeks. Seems like a very long time.
That's a familiar line and hopefully it's true, but don't get your hopes up too much. I was told my car was 'in production' for nearly 6 months before I finally got my VIN (due to the dreaded grey delay). Either way, it'll be worth the wait!

Received an email from my DA today saying he had good news for me. My GT has officially started production. I should receive my VIN in 4-6 weeks. Seems like a very long time.
That does seem long. Maybe they're adding bloat into the times in case things come to a halt.

I was under the impression that a car is not actually in production until it gets a VIN.

A VIN is assigned as the car enters the final stages of production, usually after it's painted. Entering production means the underpinnings are starting to get assembled.

My situation was very similar. My DA recommended applying for a loan the day the VIN was assigned on April 19th, which I did. The day before the loan was going to expire (45 days later), my DA called with “good news” that the car would be delivered the following week (this week). My DA was aware of the loan expiration date. So I went ahead and signed the loan docs and paid my portion. Now I’m being told car is still pending inspection. No confirmed delivery date as of yet. I feel as if I was BS’d in order to prompt me to sign the loan docs. Had I not been told delivery would take place this week, I would have let the loan expire. Whether or not I would have reapplied is another story. I’m still waiting for an update from my DA.

My situation was very similar. My DA recommended applying for a loan the day the VIN was assigned on April 19th, which I did. The day before the loan was going to expire (45 days later), my DA called with “good news” that the car would be delivered the following week (this week). My DA aware of the loan expiration date. So I went ahead and signed the loan docs and paid my portion. Now I’m being told car is still pending inspection. No confirmed delivery date as of yet. I feel as if I was BS’d in order to prompt me to sign the loan docs. Had I not been told delivery would take place this week, I would have let the loan expire. Whether or not I would have reapplied is another story. I’m still waiting for an update from my DA.
Ask Lucid to pay your loan interest until your car is delivered. If they're the ones who told you to apply for financing, then they should be responsible for your extra costs due to their delay.

Ask Lucid to pay your loan interest until your car is delivered. If they're the ones who told you to apply for financing, then they should be responsible for your extra costs due to their delay.

I predict that the DA at the other end of the line would balk at this. I can even feel them recoil in horror right now. But so what?

Retorting with a terse demand that LUCID pay interest on an auto loan, for a vehicle that they haven’t even delivered yet, should make them see in stark relief the position they’re putting us buyers in.

Last edited:

Nice to know someone has a DA who actually calls them w/o being called, I am lucky to get a question annswered

Received in 4 to 6 weeks Ha Ha Ha Ha. I got a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back