Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucid says “in production“ when you confirm and they put it on their ‘spreadsheet’ but it is not ’really’ in production until the VIN is issued.

Ask Lucid to pay your loan interest until your car is delivered. If they're the ones who told you to apply for financing, then they should be responsible for your extra costs due to their delay.
My DA actually mentioned this as an option when I told him my loan was set to expire. Sign the loan docs and provide a statement to Lucid. Without a delivery date, I wasn’t comfortable with it. Now they put me in a position where I may have to open this topic back up.

Updated: 09 Jun 2022. Changes to last update (Apr 14) in bold italics.

GT, Black, Mojave, 19"
Dallas, TX
Reservation Date: 21 Jan 2022
Order Confirmation Date: 09 Mar 2022
Initial Contact from DA: 22 Mar 2022
Estimated VIN Assignment: Second week of July 2022 WAS: 23 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: 4-6 weeks from VIN Assignment.

Heading to the kitchen to get that grain of salt.

I certainly felt that I had been ghosted by my DA. Last Friday the assistant manager for the DAs called me, per my request. We spoke in length about the issues of the instructions my DA provided me that placed me in an awkward predicament. Quickly to rehash - The DA asked me to get a loan the day my VIN was assigned, then asked me to pay my portion the same day, committed the car would be ready before the loan approval expired. I did everything he asked me to do. The loan expired. I reapplied with another bank and got approved. Still no delivery date. I am on day 56 since VIN assignment.

The assistant manager committed that he would give me an email with all his contact information by the following day (Saturday 6/4) and told me I have been assigned a new DA that is located in my region (East coast) and that DA would reach out to me early next week.

So far, I have waited and finally sent an email to the assistant manager (guessing his email address since he did not provide it to me) with my concerns.

Their communications skills need work.

GT, Black, Mojave, 19"
Dallas, TX

Nice, I am in Plano. DA told me we have 40 in the area. Congrats. Unless they have another delay 4-6 Weeks is realistic. I said the same thing and boom I got the call 6 weeks after. It’s a different thing that the 3rd inspection and the harness recall came up AND THIS I delayed sending them my payment until my Sales Rep called me and said it is really ready for delivery.

Just thought I would share. Looks like even DOE has Lucids around
C245F5F1-8E84-4CCA-97A6-D1DE4CBDCEFB.png

GT, Black, Mojave, 19"
Dallas, TX

Is there a reason why you are not scheduled to receive your VIN until mid July? Order change?

Don’t rely on the 4-6 weeks from VIN to delivery. I am at six weeks from VIN as of today and Lucid has not even guessed at a delivery timeframe. My car is stuck in Casa Grande. I am 7 months post confirmation. My latest “updates“ have come from a couple levels up from DA and, while he is very nice, understands my frustrations and admits Lucid must do better, he still doesn’t have any more information as to why my car has been delayed or when I might expect delivery.

Don’t rely on the 4-6 weeks from VIN to delivery. I am at six weeks from VIN as of today and Lucid has not even guessed at a delivery timeframe. My car is stuck in Casa Grande. I am 7 months post confirmation. My latest “updates“ have come from a couple levels up from DA and, while he is very nice, understands my frustrations and admits Lucid must do better, he still doesn’t have any more information as to why my car has been delayed or when I might expect delivery.
Changing your name doesn't get you off their S*** list.😂

Doesn’t matter what list I’m on. The name change is just more appropriate at this time. I cannot keep “CLTGT” as a name because I do not have a GT, nor do I have any estimated delivery date.

Also, I think their S**** list keeps getting longer and longer, if you consider all those who ordered grey, have a VIN, but no car, and no communication regarding same.

Doesn’t matter what list I’m on. The name change is just more appropriate at this time. I cannot keep “CLTGT” as a name because I do not have a GT, nor do I have any estimated delivery date.

Also, I think their S**** list keeps getting longer and longer, if you consider all those who ordered grey, have a VIN, but no car, and no communication regarding same.
Maybe they do not have the 21” Wheels. My QG/Mojave/19”/Range should be delivered tomorrow. I will update once its here with a Photo or three.

Maybe they do not have the 21” Wheels. My QG/Mojave/19”/Range should be delivered tomorrow. I will update once its here with a Photo or three.
Congrats on you getting your GT. wheel size doesn’t matter. I also have a Grey GT with 19” wheels and mine will be entering week 8 of production post VIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back