Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got confirmation, car is in Coldwater Mi and has cleared inspection. Available to pick up asap but I am out of town so I will get it delivered late next week. They shipped it to Coldwater instead of Chicago (which is closer by 20 miles or so because the Chicago center is a lot busier).

I am planning on custom wheels and the DA indicated that the service center would get any measurements for me even before delivery the car which is good.

...The few times I have had to do something like this I used personal virtual machines, vpns and (kid you not) a completely separate bank account that I set up just for that type of thing. Yes I am that crazy.
Schwab and the like will open a new account for you at no cost by phone or online, then you can transfer cash in from an existing account and ACH it away to Lucid without giving anyone your main account information. That's what I'm planning to do (already have the empty idle account), or a wire.

******* and (kid you not) a completely separate bank account that I set up just for that type of thing. Yes I am that crazy.
No, if that is crazy, you are not alone. It's trivial to set up an additional online checking/savings account if you already have a relationship with one of these online banks. I have already done that and once the payment happens, that account will be closed.

I'm going to have to disagree. While it's common practice I don't find it to be a secure process at all. Sure, the information is transmitted with encryption and they may or may not store anything which is always questionable. Some process requires temporary storage and I have seen my share of temporary that stuck around for months. The front end part (your direct interaction) is not at all secure unless you are like me and paranoid about IT security. You need to make sure your computer is not compromised with key loggers or Trojans reading your screen. DO NOT do this on any kind of public wifi. I much prefer using wire transfers. The few times I have had to do something like this I used personal virtual machines, vpns and (kid you not) a completely separate bank account that I set up just for that type of thing. Yes I am that crazy.
It’s all about mitigating risk. Setting up things like 2FA, location based awareness etc. all help alleviate security concerns but after working for a previous company where I was responsible for passing PCI compliance, you’d be amazed at how insecure the banks are with your account information….

Scheduled pickup tomorrow afternoon. For tracking purposes, the car was ready last Tuesday the 12th but with spring break, travel and both our work schedules, tomorrow is finally the day! Nov 30 confirmed, VIN March 31, black Santa Cruz 21”.
Great, I will mark delivery as last Tuesday.
Just got confirmation, car is in Coldwater Mi and has cleared inspection. Available to pick up asap but I am out of town so I will get it delivered late next week. They shipped it to Coldwater instead of Chicago (which is closer by 20 miles or so because the Chicago center is a lot busier).

I am planning on custom wheels and the DA indicated that the service center would get any measurements for me even before delivery the car which is good.
Same with you, I will mark delivery as day it's available to pickup (tomorrow).

Congratulations to you both.

I was speaking with the Seattle-based delivery person who was unavailable to schedule my pickup for that day because she was driving to Bend. She seemed super excited. Living her best life! Congrats and be safe on all of it.
Hi Scott, were you able to take delivery of your vehicle?

Called DA, told me to start financing, which is good for 30 days. So, I’m hoping for early April.
Hi Archer, were you able to take delivery of your vehicle in early April?

AGT, Grey / Santa Cruz / 21”
Ordered: 05/28/21
Confirmed: 12/07/21 (was told 2-4 months)
No VIN yet.

New Member, been "lurking" from a distance for some time now.
For the tracker:
AGT Quantum Grey/21/Santa Cruz reserved 10/15/21
Confirmed 1/11/22

After two very productive, transparent and forthcoming conversations with my DA (Faraz), who seems to be just fantastic Lucid employee and a great guy to boot.......and who went into detail about the entire paint harmonization process, I'm confident I'll see a VIN in early May sometime and delivery (free) to my home in the Vail Valley no later than early June.
Bring on the GREY!

New Member, been "lurking" from a distance for some time now.
For the tracker:
AGT Quantum Grey/21/Santa Cruz reserved 10/15/21
Confirmed 1/11/22

After two very productive, transparent and forthcoming conversations with my DA (Faraz), who seems to be just fantastic Lucid employee and a great guy to boot.......and who went into detail about the entire paint harmonization process, I'm confident I'll see a VIN in early May sometime and delivery (free) to my home in the Vail Valley no later than early June.
Bring on the GREY!
Faraz was my reassigned DA, great guy!

Indeed, that was likely it. Gorgeous.

Once you have taken (or waived) the test drive you can convert a res to an order immediately.
Thanks so much for clarifying.

Another question from a newbie - once my order is confirmed, may I change my configuration? Say I order the GT, then decide I want the GT Performance instead. Am I given the opportunity to do that?

Another question from a newbie - once my order is confirmed, may I change my configuration? Say I order the GT, then decide I want the GT Performance instead. Am I given the opportunity to do that?
Yes, @Bruce Browne recently upgraded.

Just got the call from my DA that the car has cleared PDI. Payment made and I am just waiting to hear from the Service Center when I can pick it up.

Florida,
Black, Santa Cruz, 21's
Reservation 10/18/21
Order 12/14/21
VIN 4/6/22
Arrived 4/16/22 Service Center in FL
PDI Complete 4/21/22
Delivery...
Update:

I will be taking delivery @ Riviera Beach, FL tomorrow morning. I could have picked it up this afternoon, but schedule didn't work.

Last edited:

Yes. You can make any changes, upgrade, downgrade, options. Will just delay your delivery time if they already had the vehicle scheduled in the line

Finally received my VIN! Grey / Tahoe / 21" Confirmed 11/16/21 | VIN 4/21/22. Says should ship out in a week from Factory to Scottsdale and then few weeks to delivery from there.
Great that Lucid has moved past the early November Greys to the mid-November Greys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back