Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its pretty clear about the production schedule. It looks like, on the forum with the exception of @Mattlca and @Steve11ca, everyone who confirmed by the end of last year with a red/black/white order and not a Santa Cruz interior has a VIN. Those who do not have a VIN ordered either a grey or silver car or a different color with a Santa Cruz interior. it is sounding like Lucid is now getting ready to go back to the first batch and start processing the Grey cars.
I'm wondering if they haven't gone for gray/silver simply because they're adding more paint capacity. If they current booths are set up for black/white/zenith then it would make more sense to add paint capacity instead of retooling.

Upgrading shouldn't bump you, people who confirmed in November 30th but had a reservation date earlier than those who confirmed on November 2nd (for example) got their VIN first (cc: @Pete44).
Interesting... then not sure why I would have gotten mine before @Steve11ca

its pretty clear about the production schedule. It looks like, on the forum with the exception of @Mattlca and @Steve11ca, everyone who confirmed by the end of last year with a red/black/white order and not a Santa Cruz interior has a VIN.
To be fair, @Mattlca has been inactive since February 7th, so we aren't 100% sure if they received their VIN yet or not. Unfortunately, we're holding out hope for your VIN soon, @Steve11ca!

Interesting... then not sure why I would have gotten mine before @Steve11ca

You reserved Oct 2021 and Steve reserved May 2021, too. That's a five month difference so it's very surprising you got your VIN before him (no offense),

To be fair, @Mattlca has been inactive since February 7th, so we aren't 100% sure if they received their VIN yet or not. Unfortunately, we're holding out hope for your VIN soon, @Steve11ca!

You reserved Oct 2021 and Steve reserved May 2021, too. That's a five month difference so it's very surprising you got your VIN before him (no offense),
Right, and none taken... this is why I think the upgrade in mid-Nov pushed things back whether it should have or not.

I certainly hope they are getting ready to start on the gray/silver, but I have no confidence in that data/speculation.

My DA called me today and gave me no reason to think they have even discussed grey/silver as an impending choice. His only comment that meant anything was that he would contact me as soon as he knew something. Yes, that was the only thing he could say.

I am pretty disgusted with Lucid right now.

He started to make the supply chain excuse and I stopped him before he could finish. I told him I knew they were giving VIN’s for Red, Black and Whote cars, some with Mojave interior, so that shouldn’t be an issue, I also told him I knew they were still giving out VIN’s for those colors for cars that confirmed after I did. It then made sense that grey/silver was an issue and asked if there were any parts issues that would be specific to those. He said he had not heard anything.

He then made a comment that made me very worried. He said something along the lines of if there was an issue, they would contact me with alternatives. WTF. It almost sounded like they might not produce grey at all. I asked him that point blank and he made the comment about presenting alternatives again. He was very vague in general and I got off the phone feeling worse about Lucid, not better.

For the Bay Area, OCDetailing quoted me ~$3300 for XPel Stealth + ceramic on the front, and ~$9500 for the whole car. Still on the fence about which to do.
My guy is putting EXOSHIELD on the outside front windshield with no seam present along with EXOSHIELD on back roof outside. Then he will apply clear heat rejection film on the inside windshield and back seat roof with no extra tinting. He is tinting back and all side windows only. We are also putting PPF gloss black to over silver roof and sode mirrors to match side window tinting to make entire roof and windows appear black from side and back. If I don’t like black PPF he will remove it and then we can go back to the silver two-tone look, which I enjoy as well. Also, PPF entire car. Ceramic coating interior of car.

He then made a comment that made me very worried. He said something along the lines of if there was an issue, they would contact me with alternatives.
I assume the issue he’s referring to is the bolt issue which is causing all future and current deliveries to be halted. Not sure what you mean by alternatives, can you elaborate?

He then made a comment that made me very worried. He said something along the lines of if there was an issue, they would contact me with alternatives. WTF. It almost sounded like they might not produce grey at all. I asked him that point blank and he made the comment about presenting alternatives again. He was very vague in general and I got off the phone feeling worse about Lucid, not better.
Sounds like I should be concerned too since I ordered a Grey w/Mojave. When I spoke with my DA last week I got the sense that he doesn’t know much and/or he’s just saying what he’s told.

I am concerned and will be until it is delivered. Lucid is just giving me too many reasons to worry and thinks it’s fine to just leave its’ customers in the dark.

I am concerned and will be until it is delivered. Lucid is just giving me too many reasons to worry and thinks it’s fine to just leave its’ customers in the dark.
Do we have any idea or guess as to what the issue could be with grey? Anything special or unique about Quantum Grey that would impact production?

I hear you. I’m getting concerned the company can survive at this point. If they’re having this much trouble getting 400/500 cars out how are they ever going to be able to mass produce something.

I don’t want to drop $130K+ on a car only to have the company fold in 3 years because everything they said they were going to do they couldn’t deliver on. Watch the value of the cars then be completely wiped out and nowhere to get them serviced!

I’m going to ride it out for a few more weeks and see what happens but my gut is telling me to cancel the order and stick with a Tesla for now. You know what they say “you should always go with your gut instinct”

I hear you. I’m getting concerned the company can survive at this point. If they’re having this much trouble getting 400/500 cars out how are they ever going to be able to mass produce something.

I don’t want to drop $130K+ on a car only to have the company fold in 3 years because everything they said they were going to do they couldn’t deliver on. Watch the value of the cars then be completely wiped out and nowhere to get them serviced!

I’m going to ride it out for a few more weeks and see what happens but my gut is telling me to cancel the order and stick with a Tesla for now. You know what they say “you should always go with your gut instinct”

Spinning up is hard, but the product is spectacular. They’ll get there.

Right now, you’re buying early. It makes sense to wait and buy later if it makes you uncomfortable to adopt early.

Spinning up is hard, but the product is spectacular. They’ll get there.

Right now, you’re buying early. It makes sense to wait and buy later if it makes you uncomfortable to adopt early.
I agree. Tesla was a low volume manufacturer with the first roadster and the model S until around 2014. The missteps with the X ( overly complicated for such a small volume market) and the expansion to the 3 nearly sank the company but look at Tesla now. I think Lucid will be fraught with growing pains over the next two years but the Saudi backing ( past and future)will probably give them the financial cushion they need to survive. All the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive so Lucid needs to just weather production hell for the next year or so in order to transition to a true automotive force to be reckoned with.

Maybe someone with the VP of Service's email would be willing to provide that to you via PM. It sounds like somehow you need to start speaking to managers' managers. I do agree that it seems a ridiculous that they can't discuss at the DA level what is fairly obvious to us here. Having said that, it seemed like it took several months to get to the reds for the DE models. If you take a similar 2 month process here on Grey/Silver (and on that subject do we have any reason to think that they would be produced at the same time?), then you would have early April to start producing those. But that could also be wishful thinking.

I will say that I can't imagine that they would make a decision to not produce those colors. That would be a very bad move.

for tracker:
reserved 9/8/2020
confirmed 11/8/2021
quantum grey
santa cruz
last update on production was 3 weeks ago, going into production vin to be assigned any day...
Thank You for the Great News!
For Batch Tracker:
Reserved 10/6/21
Ordered 1/18/22
AGT, Santa Cruz, Quantum Grey, 19"

Maybe someone with the VP of Service's email would be willing to provide that to you via PM. It sounds like somehow you need to start speaking to managers' managers. I do agree that it seems a ridiculous that they can't discuss at the DA level what is fairly obvious to us here. Having said that, it seemed like it took several months to get to the reds for the DE models. If you take a similar 2 month process here on Grey/Silver (and on that subject do we have any reason to think that they would be produced at the same time?), then you would have early April to start producing those. But that could also be wishful thinking.

I will say that I can't imagine that they would make a decision to not produce those colors. That would be a very bad move.

Before things get too far, didn’t @Sandvinsd post that he has a production date for his grey AGT for first half of April? A company that can’t make grey cars will be the laughingstock of the car community.

Before things get too far, didn’t @Sandvinsd post that he has a production date for his grey AGT for first half of April? A company that can’t make grey cars will be the laughingstock of the car community.
I think you're right, but it also seems that this should be an update able to be given to all who inquire. It just seems silly that a standard response from the DAs along the lines of "when we introduce a new exterior color which we haven't produced en masse before, the quality control process for setup takes more time than one might think. As a result, there has been more of a delay in producing Grey and Silver cars that we would have thought. We apologize for the delay, but we do expect production on these colors to begin in the first half of April." [NOTE: these are my hypothetical suggested words not anything I have received from Lucid]

I am not sure what it takes to set up a new paint color but many manufacturing processes take significant work. Process centering, process validation over the floor life of materials, setting process control parameters, etc. Once the recipe is established, the change over time may be fairly short. For a new process or material this work takes time, just like it did for the initial red dream editions. With only one paint line, setting up a new color implies that Lucid can only manufacture cars with colors where body parts have already been painted and kept in inventory. I do not think that we can conclude that there is an issue with grey or silver from the delay.

I agree that Lucid can and should communicate this. I am fairly sure that most buyers of grey and silver want the same high quality paint that we see on other colors.

Tentative for April 11th VIN assignment, but ‘could‘ be delayed. I am supposed to receive weekly updates. Will keep you posted. If mine actually does reach production on that date, you should hear about a lot of Grey VINs in the next week or two since my car was confirmed in the third November batch.

Tentative for April 11th VIN assignment, but ‘could‘ be delayed. I am supposed to receive weekly updates. Will keep you posted. If mine actually does reach production on that date, you should hear about a lot of Grey VINs in the next week or two since my car was confirmed in the third November batch.

Seems a like they have you in their system for that date pending delays, recalls, etc. - which is interesting why they don't communicate this date more often for other customers. Who cares if it's tentative? It at least gives a good range of dates. Rivian provides a date range for delivery, so does Tesla. It seems weird that Lucid takes your money and says see ya in a year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back