Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mnewber1, my original VIN date somehow disappeared from the spreadsheet. It was Feb. 22. My VIN was swapped last week (DA says it’s a pretty common occurrence but I don’t remember reading about it here). DA still doesn’t know when it might be close to ready although he is trying to figure it out. It gets a tad complicated because I intended to pick it up at Riveria Beach service center since we fully expected it to be delivered by March 31. I head back to CT in Mid April where the car will mostly stay and I’d hate to get it for a couple of days and then have to ship it or make a road trip out of it. So we may have to change delivery location and DA said it’s really late in the process to do that. Hope to have some clarity in next few days.

For those following along at home: the fastest reservation date to confirmation date reported so far is February 1st, 2022 to March 10th, 2022 (just a little over a month). We should be getting to a point where you confirm almost immediately for Grand Tourings.

My DA, Tony, has been great. Called me last week and let me know that my car will should be ready for pick up by the end of next week, pending any unforeseen last minute fit and finish issues. He confirmed the our 240 13/15 outlet will work perfectly with the included 20 foot charging cable. Now I have to sell my new red Tesla S LR with under 400 miles that I received 4 weeks ago after waiting a year. Thank God CarMax is less than 10 minutes away.
GT, Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Reservation 7/ 25/21. Confirmed 30 Nov 2021. Received Vin 3/11/22. Delivery will be at Goose Island Chicago.

My DA, Tony, has been great. Called me last week and let me know that my car will should be ready for pick up by the end of next week, pending any unforeseen last minute fit and finish issues. He confirmed the our 240 13/15 outlet will work perfectly with the included 20 foot charging cable. Now I have to sell my new red Tesla S LR with under 400 miles that I received 4 weeks ago after waiting a year. Thank God CarMax is less than 10 minutes away.
GT, Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Reservation 7/ 25/21. Confirmed 30 Nov 2021. Received Vin 3/11/22. Delivery will be at Goose Island Chicago.
Interesting, a two week turnaround from VIN to delivery.

Two week turn around may have been due to a duplicate canceled order.

For those following along at home: the fastest reservation date to confirmation date reported so far is February 1st, 2022 to March 10th, 2022 (just a little over a month). We should be getting to a point where you confirm almost immediately for Grand Tourings.

I had talk with SA yesterday, said they have started to conver january reservations, they do it in batches, I reserved on 02/21, he believes I may get in next batch

I’m unclear on what is meant by the “batch date” on the tracker…is it a known monthly cutoff date Lucid publishes for cars going into production?

I’m unclear on what is meant by the “batch date” on the tracker…is it a known monthly cutoff date Lucid publishes for cars going into production?

Lucid sends invitations to reservation holders to convert their reservation to an order in batches. These batches correspond with the order in which they are produced. Batch date on the table means the day the user received the email from Lucid.

Lucid sends invitations to reservation holders to convert their reservation to an order in batches. These batches correspond with the order in which they are produced. Batch date on the table means the day the user received the email from Lucid.
Ah, now it makes sense - thanks!

Oh now it makes sense to me, too. FWIW, my batch date on the tracker would be 30 Nov then if the finer details matter.

My DA told me this morning I should receive my VIN mid April with delivery 2-3 weeks later (latter sounds optimistic). He also mentioned that there would be an announcement regarding availability Home Connect in Q3 - that was not very encouraging.

I received a call from my DA today. I have ordered a GT, Cosmos Silver, Santa Cruz interior, 20” wheels. I reserved Feb 2021. Confirmed my order on Nov 16, 2021.
My DA called to let me know that production delays for my option choices has moved my expected delivery to June or July. He stated all 3 of my option choices were part of the delay.
He offered that I could change my options and get a May delivery. I declined and will wait to get exactly what I want.
This was the first time anyone from Lucid has actually given me a date that they plan on actually delivering my vehicle. Before it was always the window is usually 4 months. I asked how firm June/July was. He said July should be a lock, but they are hoping to make June happen.
I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'll just wait it out until June/July for silver. I've already waited this long, if May is the earliest if I change it to white/black/red, what's another 2 months to get what I was expecting. I just hope that when June/July comes, they don't run into more supply chain issues which would delay the build any longer. I guess I'll have to take my chances.

I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'll just wait it out until June/July for silver. I've already waited this long, if May is the earliest if I change it to white/black/red, what's another 2 months to get what I was expecting. I just hope that when June/July comes, they don't run into more supply chain issues which would delay the build any longer. I guess I'll have to take my chances.
I'm a North bay Silver. Have you seen the Silver in person?

I'm a North bay Silver. Have you seen the Silver in person?
North Bay CA? I'm in the East Bay/Tri-Valley area. No I have not seen the silver in person but I do have a tendency to buy silver cars. Have you seen the silver? Did you end up changing your color selection?

North Bay CA? I'm in the East Bay/Tri-Valley area. No I have not seen the silver in person but I do have a tendency to buy silver cars. Have you seen the silver? Did you end up changing your color selection?
I'm not sure anybody has actually seen a silver Lucid anywhere??

I'm not sure anybody has actually seen a silver Lucid anywhere??

I believe there is a studio car with Silver color (New York?)

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 4.13.18 PM.png

Edit: This might be gray:

1647724476846.png

These are the ones that I've seen online.
drive event.webp
test mule.webp

These are the only ones that I've seen online. I did see the test ones they used that broke the record at laguna seca in person. But those were wrapped in chrome silver.

Race between January reservation holders and early Santa Cruz holders to get the VINs first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back